Author Topic: 2019 SDCC Exclusives: Your Budget  (Read 5784 times)

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
Re: 2019 SDCC Exclusives: Your Budget
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »
I probably spent more on stuff for other people than things that I wanted for myself.

My wife and I both won the Hasbro lottery, so at the booth, we maxed out on Sith Troopers, Boba Fett, Vintage Hulk and Magic TG for friends. I got the Power Rangers scooter for myself just because I've never owned one. Maybe I'll bust out my teeth from trying to ride it and end up on Ridiculousness one day. :p

I picked up the SDCC Godzilla exclusive for myself and a friend from the Bandai booth. After day 1, they were impossible to get! I think they only had 50 per day and they sold out at 9:30am every day!

There was no line at the UCC Booth, so we grabbed a couple of Dragonball Z convention Funko Pops. We managed to get into the Funimation line because the guy working the line was really cool. We ended up getting the Chrome Vegeta for friends.

I like oversized, rayon anime club shirts and a friend who has a booth at SDCC every year specializes in them, so I got a couple of Transformers Megatron shirts.

Something that nobody mentioned- I picked up the Captain Marvel/Nick Fury money clip and the Agents of SHIELD wallet from the ABC booth, mostly for cosplaying.

The only thing that I didn't get at SDCC that I wanted was the Ultraman Funko pop... to OPEN and add to my collection because I'm a fan. Before the con, they were going for around $200 (or some crazy inflated amount). When I asked people that won the Funko lottery, they got dollar signs in their eyes and wouldn't part with it. Now, since they've been released on Toy Tokyo as a shared exclusive, they go for $25-$30. HA! Robin, to the eBaymobile! :D

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2019, 03:45:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I probably spent more on stuff for other people than things that I wanted for myself.

My wife and I both won the Hasbro lottery, so at the booth, we maxed out on Sith Troopers, Boba Fett, Vintage Hulk and Magic TG for friends. I got the Power Rangers scooter for myself just because I've never owned one. Maybe I'll bust out my teeth from trying to ride it and end up on Ridiculousness one day.

I picked up the SDCC Godzilla exclusive for myself and a friend from the Bandai booth. After day 1, they were impossible to get! I think they only had 50 per day and they sold out at 9:30am every day!

There was no line at the UCC Booth, so we grabbed a couple of Dragonball Z convention Funko Pops. We managed to get into the Funimation line because the guy working the line was really cool. We ended up getting the Chrome Vegeta for friends.

I like oversized, rayon anime club shirts and a friend who has a booth at SDCC every year specializes in them, so I got a couple of Transformers Megatron shirts.

Something that nobody mentioned- I picked up the Captain Marvel/Nick Fury money clip and the Agents of SHIELD wallet from the ABC booth, mostly for cosplaying.

The only thing that I didn't get at SDCC that I wanted was the Ultraman Funko pop... to OPEN and add to my collection because I'm a fan. Before the con, they were going for around $200 (or some crazy inflated amount). When I asked people that won the Funko lottery, they got dollar signs in their eyes and wouldn't part with it. Now, since they've been released on Toy Tokyo as a shared exclusive, they go for $25-$30. HA! Robin, to the eBaymobile! :D

Just wanted to say that this was a fun read about what you purchased at con this year.  The way you wrote it made me laugh and smile (especially the end part), ha ha! Thanks for that!

XD
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 01:53:16 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2019, 05:39:32 AM »
I spent $580 which is a new high for me. 

This thread was useful to get a feeling for what is typical spending at the con.

[member=3]Chris[/member] outspent me this year! I was under $350, could have been much less but somewhere over Colorado during my flight in from NY I started thinking i really wanted that Ghostbusters Optimus and decided to grab it. I subbed out the Magic cards this year.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2019, 08:52:46 PM »
My credit card says I spent $1200 at SDCC this year, but that includes PN breakfast, Sunday dinner, a few convention center waters and pretzels. So probably more around $1k. Which is way more than I thought ahahahaha. Let me think of what I got:

Toho Booth: Godzilla exclusive, 1962 SH Monsterarts Godzilla and 1974 SH Monsterarts Mechagodzilla
Funko: 2 Pops (Rat Fink and Mira)
Mattel: Batman Hot Wheel
Entertainment Earth: 1 Funko Pop (Jim Henson)
Mondo: 2 posters (Blade Runner 2049 and Jurassic Park)
Fugitive Toys: 1 Tiny Ghost exclusive and a mystery box
Marvel: 1 t-shirt
Random Anime Booth: Snorlax figurine
Random booth: 1 Funko Pop
Factory Entertainment: Creature from the Black Lagoon bottle opener
Kotobukiya: Dark Phoenix statue
Diamond: Lost in Space robot exclusive vinyl

Online purchases of SDCC exclusives while at SDCC: Mondo Detective Pikachu poster, Toucan and Batman SDCC Funko Pops, Sabrina the Teenage Witch Funko Pop

I think that's all. Didn't seem like much at the time LOL
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2019, 09:29:19 PM »
My credit card says I spent $1200 at SDCC this year, but that includes PN breakfast, Sunday dinner, a few convention center waters and pretzels. So probably more around $1k. Which is way more than I thought ahahahaha. Let me think of what I got:

Toho Booth: Godzilla exclusive, 1962 SH Monsterarts Godzilla and 1974 SH Monsterarts Mechagodzilla
Funko: 2 Pops (Rat Fink and Mira)
Mattel: Batman Hot Wheel
Entertainment Earth: 1 Funko Pop (Jim Henson)
Mondo: 2 posters (Blade Runner 2049 and Jurassic Park)
Fugitive Toys: 1 Tiny Ghost exclusive and a mystery box
Marvel: 1 t-shirt
Random Anime Booth: Snorlax figurine
Random booth: 1 Funko Pop
Factory Entertainment: Creature from the Black Lagoon bottle opener
Kotobukiya: Dark Phoenix statue
Diamond: Lost in Space robot exclusive vinyl

Online purchases of SDCC exclusives while at SDCC: Mondo Detective Pikachu poster, Toucan and Batman SDCC Funko Pops, Sabrina the Teenage Witch Funko Pop

I think that's all. Didn't seem like much at the time LOL

What a great list!
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2019, 09:40:15 PM »
What a great list!

Pretty sure I missed stuff, and we know I didn't even pay for the Hot Wheel! But off the top of my head, at work, those are what I could think of  ;D
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2019, 11:49:13 AM »
I bought very little in the way of exclusives this year at the Con:
Watermelon Tiny Ghost
Tiny Ghost Fruit Pin set
Dumbrella Cactus Android figure
My Hero Academia pins from Toynk

My husband bought more than he usually does (still not a lot):
Super7 King Diamond figure
Super7 Iron Maiden M.U.S.C.L.E set
Limited print signed by Derek Riggs
Legacy of the Beast exclusive from Nuclear Blast
(I'm sensing a theme here LOL!)
Ang

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2019, 01:15:19 PM »
Since we’re starting to take inventory of our respective SDCC’s, sure...I’ll take the bait! :)

- Sketch Commission by Dan Veesenmeyer (LEGO Voltron)
- Sketch Commission by Scott Williams (Batman)
- Hasbro Marvel Legends ‘Elders of the Universe’ Collector/Grandmaster 2-Pack
- Hasbro 40th Anniversary Boba Fett
- Mezco Commissioner Gordon/Bat Signal Deluxe Set
- Dark Horse Stranger Things #1 Comic (GID Variant)
- SDCCxFunko Toucan Pop
- SDCCxFunko Toucan Pez
- SDCCxFunko Batman w/SDCC Bag
- Gecco 1/6 Dark Souls Crystal Lizard
- Toho/Bandai 1954 Deluxe Godzilla
- Mattel Jurassic World John Hammond
- Mondo Avengers Nano Gauntlet Pin
- LEGO Batman Set
- LEGO Captain Marvel Set
- LEGO Sith Trooper Bust
- LEGO PS4 Spider-Man Minifigure
- LEGO Stranger Things ‘Barb’ Minifigure
- LEGO Zebra Batman Minifigure

Now, I’m going to go one step further and select a favorite.  If I had to select JUST one, I’d select...

*drumroll*

This one’s surprisingly easy: it’s the Commissioner Gordon/Bat Signal Deluxe Set by a landslide.  Not only is it an extremely high quality, die-cast replica of the Bat Signal, it’s fully functional and casts a bright, crisp Batman logo on your wall or ceiling.  Batman fans eat your heart out on that awesomeness.

Honorable mention goes to the Hasbro Elders 2-Pack.  I’m a huge fan of the character, ‘The Collector’ as well as it’s on-screen actor, Benicio del Toro – and to a lesser degree, Jeff Goldblum.  This iteration of The Collector will go great alongside my SDCC 2014 The Collector Minifigure, and Avengers #119 comic featuring The Collector on the cover.
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron