Author Topic: Toys “R” Us: U.S. Closure, Return as Tru Kids Brands, In Macy's  (Read 17042 times)

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Re: Toys “R” Us To Wind Down U.S. Business
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 12:11:11 PM »
The real sad part is i not sure there any toy stores around any more , so they are just sold in reg stores at different prices or online by chance. it gonna affect the major makers cause have less places to sale to and they be fighting over what to charge and how much be ordered at anytime. we all on budgets, so guessing we all wont pay crazy hi prices for toys now days unless reason u want it bad.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
A friend thinks tis closure may take down Mattel toys.  I am not sure how that works, but I think it has something to do with distribution?
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks for visiting. We have shut down the website for any purchases but our brick and mortar stores are open and holding going out of business sales. We encourage [you] to stop by your local store and take full advantage of the deep discounts and deals available. Thank you for your business and support over the years. Sincerely, Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us teams.

This seller is currently away, and is not processing orders at this time.

Thanks for visiting message update:

You can keep up-to-date with this historic sale at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 05:12:32 PM by AzT »

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2018, 05:16:27 PM »
LOL-I did an online order over the weekend, and got a notification today that my order is "delayed". Why not just cancel it outright? I did it more out of curiosity to see what would happen, so I guess now I know.
Ang

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »
Isaac made his move:

Nostalgia hasn't translated into dollars in Toys R Us effort (from @AP)
Ok. I followed through. Now the ball is in their [court].

VAN NUYS, Calif., April 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Isaac Larian, CEO of MGA Entertainment, Inc. (MGAE), one of the world's leading privately held toy and entertainment companies and creator of family favorite brands including Little Tikes® and L.O.L. Surprise!™, put in a formal bid of $675 million to buy both the U.S stores as well as $215 million to buy  the Toys"R"Us stores in Canada. The funds to purchase both the U.S. and Canadian stores will come from Larian's own coffers, additional investors and bank financing.

Larian recently led the biggest crowdfunding effort to date, aiming to raise $1 billion via GoFundMe in an effort to rally the community around the cause. Bid amounts were determined after careful due diligence by Larian, speaking with multiple investors and 3rd party experts. "The time is now. Everyday that goes by, the value of Toys"R"Us declines and more people lose their jobs. I did my part and now it's up to the other side to accept this offer. If they do, the real work will begin. We will make Toys"R"Us an experience in and of itself; a fun and engaging place where families can spend an entire day. Imagine a mini-Disneyland in each neighborhood," shared Larian.  The entrepreneur is putting forth his best effort to save the retailer, knowing the void it will leave if Toys"R"Us ceases to exist. "The liquidation of Toys"R"Us is going to have a long-term effect on the toy business. The industry will truly suffer. The prospect of bringing the Toys"R"Us experience to a new generation, my new grandson's generation, is enough to motivate me to Save Toys"R"Us."

Toys"R"Us is an American icon with global relevance and Larian is devoted to saving the retail chain. For over 65 years, Toys"R"Us has played a vital role in the growth, education and creative development of millions of children, giving Larian his first break when he entered the business more than 30 years ago.  MGA Entertainment's own Little Tikes brand, the maker of the famous Cozy Coup is made right here in the USA for the past 50 years. The consummate entrepreneur, Larian won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2007. Toys"R"Us is embedded in our American culture, and as Larian puts it, "There is nothing quite like the joy and awe of a child walking through the aisles of a Toys"R"Us store. I want to preserve that innocent experience for future generations." Larian believes that everyone deserves to be a Toys"R"Us kid.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2018, 11:16:30 AM »
Reading around and seeing how some stores are not got discount as hi as other stores by chance, alot stuff is still only 10-30 percent off reg price. so i say it gonna have to go 50 or higher to have anyone really wanna grab anything if they dont want the traffic to go anywhere else to get stuff as they do now. i never really shopped toys r us alot but have learned they cost more then the competition around and online. so they only hurt themselves by not trying to sale stuff a few bucks cheaper then as every says- target, walmart and anywhere else.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2018, 09:28:29 PM »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2018, 10:27:52 PM »
It may take some time unless they can get traffic to buy anything since it was all at reg price but on sale some stuff but still wasnt cheap enough to get me to grab anything at time. so unless anyone cant wait for stuff to be cheaper then they might get some traffic to help clear shelves lol.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2018, 11:19:00 AM »
YMMV

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2018, 11:28:58 AM »
One of my friends works at Toys R Us. I get random texts from her that are pictures of things, going, "Do you want this?" So I've gotten a lot of stuff recently.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »
I may try go back and see if any left i want alot, but if not i just go target close by and score any goods cheaper like last trip lol. did have chance score some dvd cheap at 4 bucks ea besides tax and crap lol. so i can wait lol. or save and buy none and save for con this year  ;D

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2018, 11:48:57 AM »
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

NORTHBROOK, Ill., May 8, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Toys 'R' Us® and Babies 'R' Us® announced today that it has increased its discount range on all merchandise with incredible new sales prices available through this weekend. The retailer, which is liquidating more than $2 billion of merchandise across 735 locations nationwide, has slashed prices ranging from 30 percent to 50 percent off as part of its store closing event.

Top brands, including Fisher Price, Mattel, Barbie, Hot Wheels, Carters, Graco, Disney, Star Wars, Nerf, Avent, American Girl, Playskool and more are a part of this sale.

"This liquidation event provides shoppers the opportunity to be a TRU kid one last time with notable brand names at rarely seen discounts. We encourage shoppers to get in early to take advantage of these savings and get the best merchandise before inventory sells out," said a spokesperson for the venture.

In addition, beginning Friday, May 11th stores across the United States are giving loyal shoppers the opportunity to commemorate their final Toys 'R' Us moments with a selfie banner featuring the retailer's iconic mascot Geoffrey. "Toys 'R' Us has been a renowned household name over the years and providing loyal customers the opportunity to commemorate their final moments is a great way to keep the memory of Toys 'R' Us alive. We encourage everyone to capture and share their final experiences on Toys 'R' Us' social media channels using the hashtag #alwaysatrukid," said the spokesperson.

The retailer announced plans on March 15, 2018 to shut down its operations in the United States and Puerto Rico. The joint venture is comprised of Great American Group, Tiger Capital Group, Gordon Brothers and Hilco Merchant Resources.

To find a store near you and to stay up to date on new discounts during this liquidation event, please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2018, 02:23:43 PM »
Im guessing if stuff was started at reg prices even if was on sale then it gonna take alot more to get anyone to buy stuff unless a resaler sees deals worth getting to resale later and charge any extra to cover what they paid for it to begin with by chance. besides cost to ship and all added to it. i may go back and check what is left but not be shocked if what i really want is already gone by chance lol. but can always check target close by and score same deals all the same lol. or be prepared and check out a movie maybe close by at time so time not wasted as i am out and about lol.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 07:53:03 AM »
YMMV

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2018, 03:02:35 PM »
Isaac ends TRU bid:

#savetoysrus
Sorry folks. Gave it my my best. The bankruptcy system of the USA is broke. $350 million ( and growing ) on fees for 8 months is just outrageous. I hope Jerry Storch and his people succeed.