Author Topic: Hannibal panel?/Hannibal:Embrace the Madness, Ballroom 20, 4:45p-5:45p  (Read 32621 times)

Offline avidfannibal

• Ballroom 20
  • Fannibal. currently obsessed with Magneto
  • Liked: 13
Re: Hannibal panel?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When you select your volunteer shift, you can tell the Volunteer Department Staff that you're specifically looking forward to seeing the Hannibal panel.  I'm sure they would try to accommodate your request as best as they can.

thanks, zero.  i keep hearing good things. I think I just need to hold on to that and stop worrying. Everything will work out!!!

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2014, 07:11:09 PM »
They could put it in the Indigo Ballroom maybe?

My impression is that the Indigo Ballroom is for newer or more non-typical shows for Comic Con or for last minute bookings?  For instance I recall How I Met Your Mother did their panel there for their one-off. Or Glee with their rare appearances. Room 6BCF seems to be for steady-audience cult/genre shows like Person of Interest or Grimm and I feel Hannibal fits in that category more. But any of these 3 rooms would be fine since 6A seems a little too small now.

Friends of Comic Cons

angel_k

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 05:22:25 AM »
If they bump it to Ballroom 20 I'll be sad because the line for that is fierce.  I only plan on camping out twice and I already plan n doing it for Hall H at least once, most likely twice, so adding a third night of hall camping is just... out of the question.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »
If they bump it to Ballroom 20 I'll be sad because the line for that is fierce.  I only plan on camping out twice and I already plan n doing it for Hall H at least once, most likely twice, so adding a third night of hall camping is just... out of the question.

I don't think camping is necessary for Ballroom 20. I usually get in line between 7am to 7:30am and I always get in fine. Unless there's some strangely popular panel in the morning, camping is not needed. Even for the Firefly panel last year, some people camped but that's only for the good seats. I got in line a little after 7am and was still in the middle of the pack of who got in andI  grabbed a 2nd row seat in the 2nd section.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2014, 02:43:38 PM »
I don't think camping is necessary for Ballroom 20. I usually get in line between 7am to 7:30am and I always get in fine. Unless there's some strangely popular panel in the morning, camping is not needed. Even for the Firefly panel last year, some people camped but that's only for the good seats. I got in line a little after 7am and was still in the middle of the pack of who got in andI  grabbed a 2nd row seat in the 2nd section.
That is good to know cause I'm with Angel_k and want to see Hannibal panel but not going to camp overnight but more than willing to get there early in the am  :)
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

angel_k

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2014, 08:10:25 PM »
Yeah I'm one of those people that needs to be as close as possible.  Id want to be in the first section.   I've never been in Ballroom 20 before though so I don't know what the situation is like there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2014, 08:34:52 PM »
Yeah I'm one of those people that needs to be as close as possible.  Id want to be in the first section.   I've never been in Ballroom 20 before though so I don't know what the situation is like there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done Ballroom 20 before.  In recent years, people do tend to wait in line very, very early to try to get inside... >__<;;
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »
Looks like the panel will be on Thursday and Bryan Fuller, Martha De Laurentiis, Steve Lightfoot, David Slade, Scott Thompson, and Aaron Abrams will all be there!

Hopefully we get Hugh and Mads as well?! I really hope so!

Also, I am very good at the not-sleeping thing, and the lining-up-for-many-hours thing, so I'm definitely down to form a group and be the first to show up and get us a spot in line. ^-^
But if it's an evening panel then we might not even need to get up early, right? Just depends on the panel time and popularity of the earlier panels?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:34:02 PM by dancetomusic »

Offline kundun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 04:45:28 PM »
Also, I am very good at the not-sleeping thing, and the lining-up-for-many-hours thing, so I'm definitely down to form a group and be the first to show up and get us a spot in line. ^-^
But if it's an evening panel then we might not even need to get up early, right? Just depends on the panel time and popularity of the earlier panels?

I'd like to be part of that group and help out if I can.  Hopefully, wouldn't have to wait too long like last year.

Offline avidfannibal

• Ballroom 20
  • Fannibal. currently obsessed with Magneto
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »
Hurray this was great news for a Friday night.  It's getting so much closer!!!

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 06:28:43 PM »
I'm trying to figure how I'm going to work this. Hannibal is a MUST see for me but I was going to get in line early for the exclusives that I didn't get on PN, now I'm thinking, hmm... I'll get in line early, then have my daughter n her friend join me in the morning and put one in line for Hannibal and have one join me in line for exclusives, get my exclusives, trade off with my daughter who by this time will be in Ballroom 20(?) OH, wait... I don't know what time the panel is??? LOL
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 06:54:47 PM »
This is a tough call for me as well! I love Hannibal, I love exclusives, and I didn't get preview night. GAAAAH.

Was Hannibal a long line-up last year? How touchy are people about leaving/re-entering lines and saving spots in places other than at Hall H? That's literally the only place I saw any panels last year, and I was inside at the very start of each day.

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 07:26:45 PM »
Well if the panel is early in the day then we'll need to be lining up early in the morning, which means we'd be let into the panel room as soon as the doors open (8:30am?), so in that case there actually wouldn't be a chance for anyone to get badges/exclusives and then come back because we'd already be in our seats! You'd have to choose one or the other - maybe get some helpers if exclusives are important to you/urgent for Thursday morning?

If it's later in the day then I'm not sure how that would work. Depends on if the room completely fills up beforehand, how many people are in line before us, etc. I know I want to get in the front so that will mean sitting through some other panels anyway.
I just pray that any other Hannibal events (meetups, etc) are scheduled for NOT Thursday before the panel, that way we don't have to make any tough choices about which thing to attend.

Offline Shauni48

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 07:51:04 PM »
  I'd like to be part of that group and help out if I can.  Hopefully, wouldn't have to wait too long like last year.

I'd be down for this group lineup as well! I want to be in line early for Hannibal and Teen Wolf!

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 08:02:45 PM »
I'd be down for this group lineup as well! I want to be in line early for Hannibal and Teen Wolf!
I'm hoping Teen Wolf will be on Friday again, and I hope that Hannibal will be in the afternoon, so I'll have time to get over there and have my daughter save my seat till I can get inside then once I'm inside I'll get the seat and she can go and do what she wants. Somehow I know that she is going to make me pay for this.   ;D