Author Topic: Got Covid!  (Read 10770 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Got Covid!
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2022, 07:42:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
has anyone tired that Misunderstood Villain chocolate yet?

I'm loving the Misunderstood chocolate

I mean being able to tell my boss I am going to take a nap and it being okay is kinda fun.

the only sucky thing about napping is waking up & very slowly realizing it's 6pm and not 6am
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2022, 06:44:08 AM »
Started coughing on the plane home, tested positive yesterday.  Worst swag ever.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 06:46:31 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2022, 06:52:09 AM »
Started coughing on the plane home, tested positive yesterday.  Worst swag ever.

apparently folks can get the anti-viral otc now. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2022, 08:30:20 AM »
Just got our PCR test back. Between my wife and I we are both negative. Very surprised. Some lines we were pack like sardines with four people deep against the wall for hours example: Ozzy signings.
Don’t care what anyone says:N95 Mask works.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2022, 08:32:58 AM »
I hope that everyone who tested positive has a mild case and feels better soon!

Online dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2022, 10:13:12 AM »
Some states (California in particular) have a trace and contact app. If you pop positive on a test, you notify the app and the app then goes through location history to identify other people who have the app who might have been in close contact with you at the same time.

Ahhhh.  I live in New York State.  We don't have that, as far as I know.  I certainly would have heard about it by now.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2022, 10:20:26 AM »
Ahhhh.  I live in New York State.  We don't have that, as far as I know.  I certainly would have heard about it by now.

You have it.  Pretty much everyone has it.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2022, 10:36:04 AM »
apparently folks can get the anti-viral otc now. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

That's not OTC.  OTC is like grabbing a bottle of aspirin off the shelf and checking out yourself.  Paxlovid still requires a prescription, they have just extended the authority to write a prescription for Paxlovid to pharmacists with a few qualifiers.  Pharmacists already had the ability to prescribe certain medications.  They just added Paxlovid to the list.

If anyone is in need of Paxlovid in a hurry, don't forget about test and treat centers.  They will perform a covid test and if you are positive, give you Paxlovid right away.

Online dkd

• Hall H
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2022, 11:41:12 AM »
You have it.  Pretty much everyone has it.

Thanks.  It's odd that I know absolutely no one who has downloaded that app.  And I know people who have gotten Covid. 

Offline teriqueen

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 95
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2022, 12:17:38 PM »
Thanks.  It's odd that I know absolutely no one who has downloaded that app.  And I know people who have gotten Covid.

If you have an iPhone, you don't need the app. You just opt in to the notifications in your settings. I live in Vermont, but all my exposure notifications came from New York state--one for each day from Wednesday through Saturday. I think that the people who tested positive must either self-report or be diagnosed by a health care provider (via PCR test, for example). The data is reported to the state, which issues the notifications. (At least I think this is how it works). So now I'm following the Vermont guidelines for exposure--basically quarantining for 10 days from the last exposure date. I can go out in public with a mask, but I'm mostly just sitting on the porch and watching the chickens. :-)

Offline chachime45

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2022, 01:13:21 PM »
Well, two days after getting back my son tested positive; now two days later my wife (who did not make the trip) is positive. Both are pretty mild symptoms although my son did pop a pretty good fever two nights ago.

I've been negative all three times I've tested since getting back ... I test before every shift (I'm a nurse and I take care of Covid patients pretty much every night) and I'm more cautious than most although that is a pretty low bar here in Florida.

Somebody called it Covid-Con 2022 ... sounds about right for our experience. Hope everyone else is feeling OK. But I have only the mildest of regrets. We were all so happy to be doing something we love and I honestly can't wait for next year.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2022, 04:00:57 PM »
Hope all that have tested positive are doing ok. Sending get well vibes to all! The post con exhaustion is real.

Online dkd

• Hall H
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2022, 06:07:06 AM »
If you have an iPhone, you don't need the app. You just opt in to the notifications in your settings. I live in Vermont, but all my exposure notifications came from New York state--one for each day from Wednesday through Saturday. I think that the people who tested positive must either self-report or be diagnosed by a health care provider (via PCR test, for example). The data is reported to the state, which issues the notifications. (At least I think this is how it works). So now I'm following the Vermont guidelines for exposure--basically quarantining for 10 days from the last exposure date. I can go out in public with a mask, but I'm mostly just sitting on the porch and watching the chickens. :-)

No one I know has done that either.  At this point--more than two years into this--with so many people self-testing and not reporting their cases or even going to a doctor, I don't see the point.  As far as I can tell, people haven't been contact-tracking for a long time.  When someone I know has gotten it, they just have reached out to everyone they were with and informed us about the possibility we got it.  Right now, I just assume BA-5 is everywhere.

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2022, 08:53:24 AM »
Luckily I haven't gotten sick at all and went pretty hard that weekend from lines to Fundays. I have a kid and my wife works at a school so our immune systems are pretty well battle tested.  I was expecting to catch something but I only needed to see a chiropractor this week lol

Hope you all are getting better by the day! Rest up!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2022, 12:36:51 PM »
Still negative as well as my entire SDCC crew.  My crew spent most of their time in Hall H and they are all negative.  I did Saturday in Hall H and the rest was Indigo, 6BCF, B20, and off-sites.

Since people has been asking about con behaviors:

I followed mask policy in the con, using an N-95 while inside the convention rooms.  The con allowed people to eat and drink in the rooms, which I did as I normally would.  Some rooms were pretty open with eating and drinking and people only had their masks on when they were not eating. 

Outside of the con, I was business as usual, which is no masking requirements, so I did not wear a mask. 

I tested on Monday before returning to work.  I have remained asymptomatic. 

None of the people I was with have gotten covid within the last week.  It's been a week now  and I would surmise new cases popping up are likely from travel or just day to day activities.  The variant is everywhere and I when I returned to work, several people were out due to covid.