Author Topic: Funko Off Topic Chat  (Read 111439 times)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Funko Off Topic Chat
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2018, 10:25:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Since the first trailer for Making Fun - The Story of Funko was released, Funko Funatics have had just one question: How can I watch this?!

We are proud to announce that Making Fun - The Story of Funko will be available on Netflix soon! Stay tuned for more information about the official release for the documentary!

We are also excited to share that Making Fun - The Story of Funko was shown at the 2018 San Diego Film Awards and won Best Documentary Feature Film! We are extremely proud of the film as both a testament to the vibrant Funatic community and power of pop culture's ability to bring people together.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »
I'm in that documentary!!!!!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #242 on: Today at 07:16:18 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2018, 09:49:02 AM »
I'm in that documentary!!!!!

Because you are hilarious!

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »
So lately I've been on an Ebay binge buying GoT Pops since most of the ones I've yet to collect are vaulted which got me thinking, how much are you willing to spend on a Funko Pop?

For ones that are currently still in production/relevant, I only pay the retail price but for vaulted ones, the max I'd go is $30.

Do you guys set yourself a max amount for Funkos?

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2018, 10:44:06 AM »
I dont collect , but guessing depending on who the characters is or if limited and etc. they can be pretty pricing if get from flippers and stores unless the store has them on sale to make room for something new or anything else. i may get any someday if i see any i want alot.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »
I try to avoid supporting flippers as much as possible, but I will sometimes buy a convention exclusive if the markup is reasonable. Likewise I will go up to 2x retail for a chase, I have never ever seen a chase in a store.

For store shopping, I try to wait on easy to find ones until they go on sale or there's some other sort of discount. I figure my cheapness here makes up for occasional excesses elsewhere.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2018, 04:59:18 PM »
I guess if u know the value of all or certain funko pops then can compare flipper prices. i dont check ebay alot but do at random times just for the fun of it. im guessing some flippers dont charge alot but when u add shipping and all i can see it can be more then u expect sometimes. also if gotta worry about traffic taking package from doorstep then that another reason i just get what i can at store as cheap as possible. so unless u can have stuff sent to a place so u can go get later then alot is debatable.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »
I pay retail.  If I missed it I don't need it!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2018, 09:29:53 PM »
The max I'm willing to pay is retail as well.   

Or to put it another way, according to Pop Price Guide, my top 3 most valuable Funko items in my collection are worth $100 a piece (All MLPFIM if you must know, Vinyl Luna, Vinyl Twilight Sparkle and mini Rainbow Dash) but there's no way I would pay that much to have them.   

With Funko, missing out on something isn't that big of a deal because there will just be something else that you'll be interested and be looking to obtain.   I missed out on the SDCC Stranger Things Steve pop last year but that's okay because I got his mini a few months back and there's another version of him coming in pop form soon.   If the franchise and character are popular enough, there will be different versions made eventually.   

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2018, 11:37:38 AM »
Yea, i have learned to be that way for almost anything kinda. u see stuff u think u need cause of traffic shows or brag got, but really i just be happy i get what i can because some people dont have alot so i happy i get what i can at time cause if u never happy of what u get then u will always think what u have is never enough lol.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2018, 03:47:24 PM »
Stopped by a Hot Topic and they had a bunch of the Thanos in a throne pops, a ton of the new Harley Quinn exclusive too. If you care about the box, the Thanos has a little cardboard cutout of the fig on one side and top of the throne sticks out a bit and tends to get bent, something to look out for.

The collectors corps infinity war box arrived today too, about twice the size of the previous boxes. Here's a very poor quality pic of the contents (spoilers)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:25:18 PM by mark »

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2018, 05:47:23 PM »
Stopped by a Hot Topic and they had a bunch of the Thanos in a throne pops, a ton of the new Harley Quinn exclusive too. If you care about the box, the Thanos has a little cardboard cutout of the fig on one side and top of the throne sticks out a bit and tends to get bent, something to look out for.

The collectors corps infinity war box arrived today too, about twice the size of the previous boxes. Here's a very poor quality pic of the contents (spoilers)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh wow, that Pop ride is gorgeous!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2018, 08:51:51 AM »
Anyone land a Toucan Sam this morning? I think DH got one (he has 9 email confirmations...), but I won't be certain until we get the shipped email.  :o
Ang

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2018, 10:18:08 AM »
Anyone land a Toucan Sam this morning? I think DH got one (he has 9 email confirmations...), but I won't be certain until we get the shipped email.  :o

I tried but I kept on getting a 504 error. I was able to hit the checkout page but then the site froze on me and at that point I gave up :(

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2018, 11:27:03 PM »

The sucker is still available.

Update: Out of stock now but a restock could happen.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:29:37 PM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC