Author Topic: Game of Thrones, the Final Season **Spoilers**  (Read 35954 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Game of Thrones, the Final Season **Spoilers**
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 09:43:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So many reunions! My Gendrya heart was happy.

I thought everyone was a little too chill about the fact that the Night King a) broke through the Wall and b) has a wight dragon.

I know right! Why aren't they asking Bran where they are every 20 minutes?

I think Cersei is actually pregnant, I can't imagine her lying to Jaime about it. Anybody else sure. 

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 10:01:39 AM »
Good point, Semigeekgirl, about Sam's Night's Watch vows.

I agree, I think Tyrion could press a claim on the marriage, but won't. It was never consummated anyway.

Cersei is acting pregnant, especially not drinking wine recently. And the look on her face when Euron said that he would get her pregnant... priceless!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 03:47:38 PM »

Offline lborgia88

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 10:09:31 AM »
I like the idea of Sam's sister becoming the head of House Tarly, though I anticipate that all the members of the Nights Watch are going to be released from their vows at some point, as the reason for their existence (the evil in the far north) will be gone.  But would Sam want to be Lord Tarly?  He seems, at heart, a maester.  But a chance to marry Gilly and have more children, I could see him wanting that too.

Thinking about it, I agree that Daenerys is no Cersei, but comes near to crossing the line sometimes.  But she came from an extreme "school of hard knocks," to be sure, so I can see where that comes from.  She'd be dead if she hadn't learned the hard lessons.  But she' often seems so very complacent and certain too that she is entitled/destined to rule the seven kingdoms, and that may be her justification for ruthlessness.  And now we've got Jon, the true Targaryen heir who keeps telling everyone how unimportant being king is to him, just saving Westeros, and I can't help but think that Danaerys made a fatal error there, with the Tarlys.  Sam, like Ser Davos, is one of those "moral compass" characters.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 10:22:13 AM »
I found this online and was amused.

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
We've waited nearly 2 years for GoT! Go big or go home. A very underwhelming episode for me. The only thing that made up for it were the reunions/tie-ins which were all quite satisfying. It's crazy how many of these characters haven't shared the same scene since season 1. From here on out I'm hoping each episode will have more death, blood, nudity, and someone sitting on the Iron Throne.
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 10:43:36 AM »
Especially since there are only 5 more.

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »
Here's the run times for the episodes for this last season:

Winterfell – 54 mins
Episode two – 58 mins
Episode three – 82 minutes
Episode four – 78 minutes
Episode five – 79 minutes
Episode six – 79 minutes

"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2019, 11:06:31 AM »
They better come with it then. I want to be talking about this season for years to come. LOL

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
Re: Game of Thrones, the Final Season
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2019, 11:31:11 AM »
Sounds like the perfect evening!

My younger daughter is having a watch party.  She is serving meat pie, lemon cakes, shortbread cookies with stamped sigils, and more.  My older daughter and I will be sitting in front of the our tv with GoT Oreos and White Walker whiskey drinks.  And I'm already wearing my House Stark tee shirt.

So how did the watch party turn out? The spread sounded really good. i just watched with my bottle of vodka. Haha.

TravT77

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »
How long before one of those dragons turns that Iron Throne into a pile of molten metal? I see that happening. I am also of the opinion that Cersei is NOT pregnant. Basically because just about every word out of her mouth is a lie.

Overall, I was a little underwhelmed. All day I’ve been playing scenes back through my mind and then realizing they were from the last 3 episodes of last season(which I watched just before last nights premier).  So nothing especially interesting sticks out for me. But I have no doubt it will pick up the pace soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »
We've waited nearly 2 years for GoT! Go big or go home. A very underwhelming episode for me. The only thing that made up for it were the reunions/tie-ins which were all quite satisfying. It's crazy how many of these characters haven't shared the same scene since season 1. From here on out I'm hoping each episode will have more death, blood, nudity, and someone sitting on the Iron Throne.

It was about as I expected. The first episode of a season is always a reintroduction episode. The thing that irritated me was the extended HBO it's coming in X minutes countdown. Then the first few minutes of the episode was a recap.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2019, 01:04:14 PM »
Cersei is acting pregnant, especially not drinking wine recently. And the look on her face when Euron said that he would get her pregnant... priceless!

During that scene Cersei was drinking wine. Anyways, I don't think that not drinking while pregnant in Westeros is a thing.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2019, 01:06:12 PM »
I liked how Jaime was so smug/happy to have made it to Winterfell undetected and then his look of dismay when he sees Bran basically waiting for him.

I keep wondering what's happened to Jamie's hair.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »
How long before one of those dragons turns that Iron Throne into a pile of molten metal?

I'm firmly on Team Nobody Sits On The Throne.

How can you "break the wheel" and sit on the throne at the same time? Come on, Daenerys, burn the Red Keep to the ground. Break that wheel.

Offline lborgia88

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2019, 08:24:05 AM »
I keep wondering what's happened to Jamie's hair.

I was just rewatching episode 1 of season 1 last night (so many parallels with the new episode) and I think that Jaime wins the award for the most changed hair (2nd place to Arya). I'd forgotten how much blonder he and Tyrion used to be.  I guess over time, the show's creators stopped caring about the "Lannisters are all blond" thing, especially as it ceased to be a plot point.