Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65051 times)

Offline sirjinx

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2016, 04:23:55 AM »
Just a thought... anyone think its possible they do not give any advance notice for ticket sales this year similar to how it is done for PAX tickets. They are both ReedPOP events so I always found it odd that one gives notice and other does not.

Offline sagar2781

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2016, 05:59:07 AM »
NYCC posted this via facebook in case anyone missed it....

Hello New York Comic Con Fans! We do not have any information about 2016 Tickets yet. Please stay tuned to all our social channels and subscribe to our newsletter at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Thank you!

Last year, May 13th was the sale date I believe.  It should be happening soon.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 03:19:41 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2016, 07:08:47 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just a thought... anyone think its possible they do not give any advance notice for ticket sales this year similar to how it is done for PAX tickets. They are both ReedPOP events so I always found it odd that one gives notice and other does not.

Anything is possible, but I don't think they will.  Their goal is to make everything as easy going as possible and not to upset their customers.  It might not be a lot of notice but I think they will give notice
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:47:46 AM by NCDS »
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2016, 07:44:25 AM »
What is the size of Pax compared to NYCC?
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline smurph1125

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »
FWIW, I stopped off at Midtown Comics during my lunch break.  I asked while checking out if they had any insider info into when ticket sales will start.  The staff member not surprisingly said "I don't know anything", but the look theygave while saying it led me to believe it's VERY soon.  Can't wait!
NYCC: 2014, 2015, WW Philly 2015, ACBC 2015, Great Philadelphia CC 2015

Offline Zeushero

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2016, 12:06:08 PM »
What is the size of Pax compared to NYCC?

The BCEC, the convention center where PAX is held is bigger than the Javits center where NYCC is held.

The turnstile attendee count at NYCC is way higher than the count at PAX.(East)
Crew: NYCC, C2E2, [E]
Staff: AnimeExpo, AnimeBoston, Otakon,
Volunteer: SDCC, ACentral, Dragoncon, 4PointsFest, AnimeNYC

Offline JerseyGirl317

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2016, 07:44:19 AM »
FYI I just bought my pro badge this morning and they are charging shipping this year. My one badge cost $2 so it may be more for buying multiples.  There was no option to pick up at the con except for international orders.
I'm all grown up... No longer John_Yon's padawan.

Offline sirjinx

• Freebie Table
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2016, 11:26:20 AM »
Can anyone explain how there are NYCC tickets on stubhub for sale? Everything from single day to 4 day are up.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2016, 04:20:06 PM »
That's a good question.   I have seen scalpers put tickets up for other events that hadn't gone on sale also.  Maybe it generates business later?

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »
But how can they guarantee they will have tickets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline sirjinx

• Freebie Table
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »
But how can they guarantee they will have tickets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe they have a scalpers buying group and they are pretty confident they will get a ton of tickets? Bastards.

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2016, 06:58:30 PM »
These scalpers tend to have bots that allows them to purchase these tickets at an advantage. I do hope Showclix will counter this problem this year.
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2016, 06:52:46 AM »
These scalpers tend to have bots that allows them to purchase these tickets at an advantage. I do hope Showclix will counter this problem this year.

Same here, For PRB club show one year they actually shut the sale down and refunded all tickets bought by bots.  Then they re-opened it once they figured out how to block them.  I give them kudos for not doing their best to prevent scalpers.

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2016, 06:24:48 PM »

Scalper bots bought 1012 tickets in one minute for U2 concert at MSG last year:

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2016, 09:03:17 AM »

NYCC Fans,

Each year when we take over the Javits Center in October, we have one priority in mind: you, the NYCC Fans. We don’t run NYCC year after year because we love hanging out by the Hudson or we need to reach our step goal in October, we do this because we want to provide the experience of a lifetime to everyone who attends NYCC each year.

With that in mind, we want the Ticket buying experience to be as smooth and fair as possible. And while supply and demand still means that some Fans who want to attend New York Comic Con might not get Tickets or might not get the Ticket type that they want, it’s our mission to eliminate (let’s be honest — the goal is to completely annihilate) the amount of scalpers and resellers who end up with Tickets. So this year NYCC will be changing the way Tickets are sold and requiring Fan Verification.

What does Fan Verification mean? It means we are requiring anyone interested in attending NYCC to fill out a profile between May 20 and June 13. We recognize that this is an extra step before buying your Tickets and requires more commitment from you, but we also know that as true Fans of the Show, you won’t mind making it tough for the supervillains out there. It means you guys have to do a bit more work to get your Ticket, but it will help make sure NYCC Tickets get into the hands of Fans. We truly thank you for your maximum effort (as our favorite merc with the mouth would say).

This is being done with you in mind and the hope that more of you will get the opportunity to experience NYCC. Below you will find full details of the changes that are being made to the NYCC Ticketing process along with other important NYCC Show news.

Fan Verification is required for every individual who would like to attend NYCC 2016. Read more
All NYCC Ticket types will go on sale at the same time. Read more
NYCC will no longer be selling VIP Tickets. Read more
NYCC 2016 Tickets will only be sold online through the NYCC Ticket website. Tickets will not be on sale at retailers or any events leading up to NYCC 2016. Read more
All Verified Fans will be notified via email 48 hours prior to NYCC Tickets going on sale. This email will include a unique link where you will be able to purchase Tickets (first-come, first-served) when they go on sale. Read more
NYCC Tickets will still be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Fan Verification does not guarantee NYCC Tickets or the type of Ticket you want. Read more
Take your time and fill out your Fan Verification profile completely. Don’t rush through it. When you fill out your profile has no effect on when you can purchase NYCC Tickets. Read more
Each NYCC Ticket must be individually assigned to someone who created a Fan Verification profile. You can buy more than one Ticket, but there is a limit of one Ticket per person per day. If your friend or family member did not fill out a Fan Verification profile, you will not be able to purchase their Ticket. Read more
We will be rolling New York Super Week into our new series NYCC Presents, continuing our tradition of expanding New York Comic Con content into the City. Read more
Whew! We know that’s a lot to take in, but we hope this clarifies the new NYCC Ticket buying process and updates surrounding the Show. Our goal is that Fan Verification will smash scalpers and resellers (Hulk style) while providing you with the smoothest Ticket buying experience possible. We truly want to make this year better than the last and we are confident that these new changes are steps in the right direction.

Thank you for your commitment and passion for the Show and willingness to take these extra steps to help us get more Tickets into your hands. We’re looking forward to giving you even more amazing content to experience with us and can’t wait to reveal more of what we’ve been working on for you. NYCC 2016 is going to be our best Show yet and it’s all going to start with Fan Verification improving the Ticket buying process for you.

We hope to see you in October so we can reach our step goals together (kidding… sort of). If you have any questions please reach out to our team via email.

Stay nerdy,
Lance Fensterman

Lance Fensterman