Author Topic: Cheap NYC area hotels  (Read 3227 times)

Offline jasonsmith

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 0
Cheap NYC area hotels
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:59:50 AM »
Looking for a hotel in NYC area with a cheap weekly rate. Something like $300-$400 for the week for comic con.

There are some places for like $250 for the week in NJ, but it's an hour bus ride to Manhatten. Looking for something closer.

Already looked at airbnb, but with NYC, they are mostly apartments and thus share bathrooms or have you sleep in the living room. So didn't care for that.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: Cheap NYC area hotels
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
I don't think you'll find anything for $400 for an entire week.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:20:24 AM »

Offline jasonsmith

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 11:44:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't think you'll find anything for $400 for an entire week.

How far out are you talking about? I know of a few an hour away, just looking for some closer. Or maybe there are some by the train that makes it faster to get into NYC compared to bus travel. But would have to see if there is an inexpensive weekly rate on the train or something.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 11:47:26 AM »
There are hotels in Jersey that are just 11 minutes away via car. You could always try using a cab instead of a bus/train. Some of the NJ hotels offer a shuttle to Times Square as well which isn't a far walk to the center. Or maybe even look into using the ferry.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 12:15:32 PM »
Already looked at airbnb, but with NYC, they are mostly apartments and thus share bathrooms or have you sleep in the living room. So didn't care for that.

I'm staying with family ... that's free!! But I'm sharing bathrooms and sleeping in the living room!
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline jasonsmith

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »
There are hotels in Jersey that are just 11 minutes away via car. You could always try using a cab instead of a bus/train. Some of the NJ hotels offer a shuttle to Times Square as well which isn't a far walk to the center. Or maybe even look into using the ferry.

Yeah, I was just trying to see if anyone knew of a closer hotel than 1 hour away that has a cheap weekly rate like $400 or less for the week. The 1 hour away hotels are like $250 for the week. Though the place I stayed at last year went way up in price this year for some reason.

I had been looking around closer to NYC that was less than 1 hour ride, but only ran across the obvious pricier hotels that I can't do.

I recall last year coming across a cheap weekly rate hotel in the Bronx. Maybe like $300 for the week, but read a review that it was right by a train, and so was noisy all night.

Also thought of trying to find one a cheap one in the NY area, as I think the subway runs 24/7 in NY. Maybe buses too. As I know NJ has a cut off on their buses, so you have to be at the Penn Station on the bus at a certain time or have to wait until morning when they start running again. I barely made it on the bus at Penn Station one night last year as it was the last bus out for the night to NJ and I was late getting there.

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »
Looking for a hotel in NYC area with a cheap weekly rate. Something like $300-$400 for the week for comic con.

There are some places for like $250 for the week in NJ, but it's an hour bus ride to Manhatten. Looking for something closer.

Oh and it is New York so the city does not sleep so you could just gung ho it and stay up all night, hang out in times square!  ;) Maybe you can sleep on the subway for a bit.   ;D
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline laurend

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 01:33:05 PM »
I have a hotel reservation for a place on Broadway near the south end of Central Park, it's not the whole week (Thursday-Monday) but I found a different place so I'm giving it up for $600 if you want it. I paid almost $800 and the place is up to $1400 if you were to book now.

Hotel Info:
Marrakech Hotel New York
2688 Broadway
New York, NY 10025
212-222-2954