Author Topic: 2015 NYCC Using RFID & entrance plans  (Read 4345 times)

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
2015 NYCC Using RFID & entrance plans
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:35:11 PM »
RFID Badge activation is up for 2015! Something also new this year is "Symphony". You can tap badge with exhibitors or sponsors to receive info more them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How To Use Your NYCC-ID Badge

There’s one last thing you should know about your NYCC-ID Badge. You’re going to have to tap your Badge with a member of the NYCC-ID Patrol (they’re those crew members you will see holding scanners at all the entrances and exits at the show). When you enter the building, you MUST tap your NYCC-ID Badge. When you exit the building, you MUST tap it again on your way out. You can practice tapping your NYCC-ID Badge before you get to NYCC. When your cat walks by, tap it. When your little brother walks by, tap him. Make sure you teach your friends how to tap their NYCC-ID Badges too, so they’ll be ready to go when they get to NYCC!

You may be asked to tap your New York Comic Con Badge by Exhibitors and/or Sponsors. Tapping your NYCC Badge is totally optional, but when you do tap your Badge with an Exhibitor or Sponsor, you’re opting into receiving info from them. You will be subject to their communications and privacy policy and will have to opt out with them directly if you decide later to do so.

Preview Symphony

Symphony delivers secure messaging for teams, workgroups and organizations of all sizes. Our secure, open platform is the only tool you need to communicate. Be it classified content, or everyday conversation, Symphony allows you to access it, send it, receive it and review it from a single hub, over any device, reaching any other communication platform. Interested? Get preview access today at get.symphony.com.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: 2015 NYCC Using RFID & entrance plans
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:37:04 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:05 AM »
Badge Activation is required this year. That is a change, from other years, where it was supposedly just recommended.

I activate anyway but I know it also says you can sync up with your social media, as long as that stays optional I am OK as I have in other years not done that, otherwise I would have a problem
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:50:19 AM »
I activate anyway but I know it also says you can sync up with your social media, as long as that stays optional I am OK as I have in other years not done that, otherwise I would have a problem

I agree, I don't mind activating the badge, but given that I purposely avoid having social media accounts, it would be difficult for me to link up with them.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 08:20:52 AM »
Question....

Where does the green line enter the exhibit hall? I see where the blue line goes straight in, but the green line looks like it curves around... and then merges with the blue line once inside? Or do they go another way?

(Just trying to figure out how much of a jump the VIP line might get on the green line.)

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 08:50:41 AM »
VIPs are lined up literally right in front of the entrance to the exhibit floor (or artist alley if you want to go to artist alley first) the general attendees go to the queue hall downstairs (also where the wristband handout for panels are) and are then brought upstairs to the entrance VIPs use after VIPs enter

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 10:03:47 AM »
VIPs are lined up literally right in front of the entrance to the exhibit floor (or artist alley if you want to go to artist alley first) the general attendees go to the queue hall downstairs (also where the wristband handout for panels are) and are then brought upstairs to the entrance VIPs use after VIPs enter

OK, so VIPs truly do have a jump on all other attendees, even if you are last in the VIP line?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 02:58:03 PM »
OK, so VIPs truly do have a jump on all other attendees, even if you are last in the VIP line?
most assuredly, I don't know what it was like in the back of the vip line tho -
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 03:13:36 PM »
Is the VIP line long? I know it includes press and other groups as well. I'm not sure this is a proper question to ask, but I'll dive in anyway, being a noob... how early should someone arrive to line up for entrance if they want to be within the first group (say, the first 50 or 100 people)?

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 05:49:55 AM »
The VIP line typically gets pulled in with Press and Pro and can get a bit long though even though the map say pro on one side and vip on the other those lines usually get mixed, in case a VIP wants to enter closer to one side.

Since they are using Symphony any one think instead of wristbands for main stage panels they may try the RFID? Maybe the first day they tap the badge but also give out a Wristband, in case there is a RFID problem they at least have the wristband to back it up.

Offline bradk

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 07:26:25 AM »
I usually have a press (not this year, but do have UA) and had UA last year and even though I knew there was a dedicated entrance to the floor, I never knew where the actual queue was so I always ended u[ just lingering around the front of the line of the regulars and went in when they did. Not sure if that was wise or not, but in any case, that was the side I wanted to go to as it had Funko and Toy Tokyo.

That said, exhibitors ALWAYS had the jump. Even with UA I never made it into Funko until last day when everything was sold out. You could be first to enter, but you'd still be 20th in line at a booth because exhibitors, some who even had attendee badges just so they could get around anyone not selling to exhibitors.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 09:10:07 AM »
you mean toy tokyo? Funko was not at NYCC last year.

Offline bradk

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 10:15:52 AM »
yeah, probably Toy Tokyo.  I do remember they had 2 separate lines. Well, whatever, point was that even with press/UA, exhibitors still hurt the experience.

Offline friedminded

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 09:10:28 PM »
Badge Activation is required this year. That is a change, from other years, where it was supposedly just recommended.

I agree, I don't mind activating the badge, but given that I purposely avoid having social media accounts, it would be difficult for me to link up with them.

I sweated a little when I saw that activation is required for 2015. I don't use social media either and I'm not interested in anything that would intrusively sync up with any of my online profiles anyway. Luckily, social media is optional.

Here's the activation screen at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Everything is required except the phone number, but I filled in all fake info anyway. There will probably be people walking around with RFID readers trying to steal credit card info, just like at SDCC. They won't get my name/phone/email that easily! ;D

Offline Bogus

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »
Hi out there,

First time NYCC attendee, occasional convention goer here.  My group and I are trekking up for Friday only and our Megabus arrives downtown around 4am.  I have read in a few places that Javits doesn't like outdoor lineups, but I was wondering what time we can access either an indoor or outdoor line.  We're interested in some exclusives if possible early in the day, though I am well aware of exhibitor badged people and the way those lines tend to go down.  I read the Funko is doing exclusive tickets in the queue hall for designated times, but some of the Hallmarks look good and Lego always does, and we'd like our best shot.  Thank for the info!