Author Topic: A WestWorld Roadshow is coming to San Diego  (Read 15212 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: A WestWorld Roadshow is coming to San Diego
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2017, 07:10:16 AM »
At the masquerade party/viewing, the 3 people sitting in front of me had their hats on. The hats looked really good.

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2017, 07:37:27 AM »
I loved this experience! Totally worth the wait. I went Friday, and I was standby but still got in.

My black hat fits great, and those drinks were delicious!!

If you are going to NYCC get in line for this now! It's like interactive theater!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #122 on: Today at 10:41:01 PM »

Offline chungerrr

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2017, 08:47:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I loved this experience! Totally worth the wait. I went Friday, and I was standby but still got in.

My black hat fits great, and those drinks were delicious!!

If you are going to NYCC get in line for this now! It's like interactive theater!

oh they'll have this at NYCC??

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2017, 08:50:03 AM »
oh they'll have this at NYCC??

That's what the PR guy said for the Westworld offsite. My fingers are crossed for anyone going to NYCC!!

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2017, 11:11:43 AM »
Agree - this offsite experience was totally worth it and my top get for this SDCC. 

On day one (Thursday) our entire group of 3 came out after the assessment in white hats. There were actually several different bands on the white hats. One was solid and one had a striped band. I was able to try on multiple white hats and she fit it for me perfectly.  But - no black hat for me.

Sadly, I was looking at ebay because we really had wanted to get the Westworld autographs and could not (what a mess).  People are posting those hats on Ebay for several thousand dollars.  Hopefully since they are doing this at NYCC - people will stop, ignore the adds and wait for a time when the hats are not so rare.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »
That's what the PR guy said for the Westworld offsite. My fingers are crossed for anyone going to NYCC!!

Wasn't it at the last NYCC? I was line with someone that did it there. The way he described it, it was more involved at that one. More stuff happened during their assessment.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »
Sadly, I was looking at ebay because we really had wanted to get the Westworld autographs and could not (what a mess).  People are posting those hats on Ebay for several thousand dollars.  Hopefully since they are doing this at NYCC - people will stop, ignore the adds and wait for a time when the hats are not so rare.

They can post it for whatever they want. Whether it sells or not is a different thing all together. Until at least one sells, they have no value. My limited experience with this stuff is the longer and longer after SDCC, the less and less demand there is. The Mr. Robot masks sold for a bit last year right after SDCC but then dropped to nothing quickly there after.

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2017, 02:29:50 PM »
Wasn't it at the last NYCC? I was line with someone that did it there. The way he described it, it was more involved at that one. More stuff happened during their assessment.

Ok, I just read about the one in NY - this one did NOT have VR, but did have a full on bar with drinks and activities that changed depending on your "task" or hat color etc.

There WERE different paths to take and jobs/tasks you could get: shoot-outs, poker games, and I got to mix a drink. One person a day was even chosen for "reprogramming" which sounded terrifying and fantastic too. And one young guy was talking about how he was kissed by a robot.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2017, 03:23:16 PM »
Ok, I just read about the one in NY - this one did NOT have VR, but did have a full on bar with drinks and activities that changed depending on your "task" or hat color etc.

There WERE different paths to take and jobs/tasks you could get: shoot-outs, poker games, and I got to mix a drink. One person a day was even chosen for "reprogramming" which sounded terrifying and fantastic too. And one young guy was talking about how he was kissed by a robot.

That's the way the guy who stood line with me described the NYCC one being like. In addition he said that random things would happen like some of the characters would "glitch" and people had to deal with it. The way he described it is pretty much the way you are describing it. I met him in line for the Bladerunner offsite at about 8am on Thursday morning. There's no way he would have known what the Westworld Offsite at SDCC would be at that point.

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2017, 03:29:05 PM »
Yes there were glitches, I was with two other people and they were busy watching the video but I was watching the host.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2017, 05:48:34 PM »
Yes there were glitches, I was with two other people and they were busy watching the video but I was watching the host.

It sounds exactly the same as what they did at NYCC last year then.

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2017, 05:49:51 PM »
It sounds exactly the same as what they did at NYCC last year then.

Well, even so ... I loved it and highly recommend it!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2017, 05:56:31 PM »
Well, even so ... I loved it and highly recommend it!

I sadly didn't get to go. I wasn't knocking it. I was pointing out that they did it first at NYCC last year in response to people saying they would do it again at NYCC this year. It would be really weird to do the same offset at a con two years in a row.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2017, 06:16:34 PM »
I sadly didn't get to go. I wasn't knocking it. I was pointing out that they did it first at NYCC last year in response to people saying they would do it again at NYCC this year. It would be really weird to do the same offset at a con two years in a row.
The NYCC westworld offsite was nothing like the SDCC westworld offsite.
Two completely different experiences, first one was vr based, the SDCC one zero vr.
I would love it if the SDCC version came to NYCC in a few months. I'd get in line first thing for it.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »
The NYCC westworld offsite was nothing like the SDCC westworld offsite.
Two completely different experiences, first one was vr based, the SDCC one zero vr.
I would love it if the SDCC version came to NYCC in a few months. I'd get in line first thing for it.

Someone I met in line said different. He described it to a T to me Thursday morning. He said he went to it in New York.