Author Topic: NYCC 2015 Main Stage & Hammerstein Line coordination  (Read 12162 times)

Offline friedminded

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
Re: NYCC 2015 Main Stage & Hammerstein Line coordination
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This was updated recently. I don't know exactly when:

Signing is limited to the first 100 attendees in line for VIZ Media Premieres BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE. Please, no photographs at the autograph event.

The line for VIZ Media Premieres BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE at the Hammerstein Ballroom will start at the entrance of the Manhattan Theater (311 W 34th St) and head West toward 9th Ave (toward Sam Ash). The line will NOT head toward 8th Ave as there is construction. Please look for signage at location on where the line starts. Lines for this event are not permitted until 10:00 PM, Friday, 10/8. This will be strictly enforced by onsite Staff and Security.

Fans looking to attend this event should arrive as early as possible as seating is first come first served.

Yeah, I saw that too. It's upsetting that there weren't any staff there to enforce this. A lot of people had camped out since Friday morning. Some people were also saying that the staff that arrived there Friday night were really dismissive and rude to the people who had followed the rules and arrived on time, though I wasn't there to witness that firsthand. Overall, it sounded like a disaster. The good news is that Kishimoto did hold other signings this weekend, so hopefully some of the people who missed out on the Saturday morning signing tried for the other events.

Viz Twitter

Q: How did they get a wristband? A: The panel wristbands were given away by @nycc in hall Q You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(I think they had a raffle also, but need to recon Twitter ltr.)
Those wristbands were for the Main Stage on Thursday. No controversies there luckily, other than the disappointment of the people who couldn't get a wristband due to the limited capacity. Thank goodness for the live stream.

The raffle you're referring to was for an autograph session on Thursday night.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2015, 07:30:45 AM »
As far as line coordination goes, the texting group DrWho set up was so incredibly helpful! DrWho, you will have to show me how you did that, because I would love to do it for Hall H line coordination next year at SDCC! The texting group allowed us all to message when we were inside panels and had extra seats available. It also enabled me to find NCDS (or more accurately, for her to find me) when I was about to head out for the Ash vs. Evil Dead panel. We were able to find each other in lines and really help each other out. IMHO, that was the key to holding all of the line coordination together.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 03:50:39 PM »

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2015, 07:46:27 AM »

As far as line coordination goes, the texting group DrWho set up was so incredibly helpful! DrWho, you will have to show me how you did that, because I would love to do it for Hall H line coordination next year at SDCC! The texting group allowed us all to message when we were inside panels and had extra seats available. It also enabled me to find NCDS (or more accurately, for her to find me) when I was about to head out for the Ash vs. Evil Dead panel. We were able to find each other in lines and really help each other out. IMHO, that was the key to holding all of the line coordination together.
Thanks. I will be more than happy to show you.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog