Author Topic: TWD the world beyond. [ SPOILERS ]  (Read 1339 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
TWD the world beyond. [ SPOILERS ]
« on: October 07, 2020, 01:09:48 AM »
Only one episode in, I liked it until the end.  It was a fresh take on TWD.  Then it wasn't.  The same old TWD again.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:14:51 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
Re: TWD the world beyond.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 07:32:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Only one episode in, I liked it until the end.  It was a fresh take on TWD.  Then it wasn't.  The same old TWD again.

I felt the same.  But I'm still going to give the new spin-off a chance and keep watching.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: TWD the world beyond. [ SPOILERS ]
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:52:41 AM »

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 08:18:14 AM »
Same here.  I hope the journey isn't the whole season and they actually arrive at their destination to forward a different story line.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9691
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 11:29:22 AM »
My understanding is that this is a 'limited series' of only 2 seasons. My guess (only a guess) is that they arrive at their destination at the end of season 1, then deal with what they find there in season 2.

While certain aspects of the story were interesting. Why was the evil lady (can't even remember her name) trying to get the daughters out of the place before she destroyed it, and why was she destroying it? I also found aspects of the post-apocalypse (such as the old-folks housing with bars on the doors) really interesting. But so far, the characters aren't grabbing me. This is the same issue I had with Fear... I wasn't really interested in any of the characters until Strand showed up.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 02:14:18 PM »
The CRM is going to destroy that city?  I missed that part.

The part I found most unbelievable was the kids heading out on the journey.  Other than for an easy bake oven, they don't have any experience dealing with the world outside of their safe bubble.  One was shocked to sitting on the floor when she encountered one.  They are going to walk through 1100 miles of them?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:18:44 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 04:00:48 PM »
There was a scene close to the end of the first episode where the campus colony was destroyed (crumbling walls, buildings) and all of the the inhabitants were dead (or walkers) on the ground and they were going through finishing them off. And the evil lady received a report that the girls were nowhere to be found, and she said, 'Good.'. That was what made me think that she had planned on destroying the colony all along, and wanted the girls out before she did so.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 02:00:31 AM »
I just finished watching the episode again.  I see that scene now.  I remember how I missed it.  I got interrupted the first time I watched it right after the kids left the colony, but I did catch next week's trailer.  So my brain fused it together and I thought I had watched the whole episode.  I missed like 10 minutes of it.

I don't understand why they would have destroyed that colony.  They were no threat to the CR.  Wouldn't any fragment of civilization be worth preserving?  Maybe that colony got overrun and the CRM came in for clean up.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 11:12:10 AM »
I don't think it was that the colony got overrun. In the beginning, one of the girls saw multiple helicopters carrying a lot of cargo, but the leader lady lied and said that there was only the one. The whole 'I'm drunk so I'm giving you this map that you really shouldn't have' thing was just too convenient not to have been planned. It was a setup.

That being said, I have no idea why they would want to destroy this colony. Why not just take it over instead?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 08:13:42 PM »
It was effectively their colony already.  It was a decidedly a lopsided relationship.  It was definitely not an alliance of equals.  I hope they explore the Portland side of the alliance in this series.  How will they react to one of their allies being destroyed by another?  Will they even know?  It was a weird alliance to begin with.  3 allies separated from each other by at least a 1000 miles.

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 07:12:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was effectively their colony already.  It was a decidedly a lopsided relationship.  It was definitely not an alliance of equals.  I hope they explore the Portland side of the alliance in this series.  How will they react to one of their allies being destroyed by another?  Will they even know?  It was a weird alliance to begin with.  3 allies separated from each other by at least a 1000 miles.

Very interesting insights by you and Transmute Jun.  I'm going to rewatch the first episode again now.