Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 210906 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2019, 12:44:00 PM »
Communication is hard during this for us because we are all spread out (Hawaii, New Zealand, New York, Texas) so we basically all submit and discuss afterwards. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2019, 01:02:12 PM »

I get that, you could always do google hangouts, FB messenger, or something like that.

I wish they would have it on the weekend!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #272 on: Today at 01:41:56 AM »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #272 on: February 13, 2019, 01:04:28 PM »
I get that, you could always do google hangouts, FB messenger, or something like that.

I wish they would have it on the weekend!

We have been using Whatsapp, but yeah not everyone is a great communicator and not everyone is able to divide their attention between the website and the app easily.  But we do try.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #273 on: February 13, 2019, 01:14:33 PM »
We have been using Whatsapp, but yeah not everyone is a great communicator and not everyone is able to divide their attention between the website and the app easily.  But we do try.

The continual struggle for us organizers!  If only people would do what we say and when we need them to do it!

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #274 on: February 13, 2019, 01:16:53 PM »
Thanks for all of your help guys!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2019, 08:12:07 AM »
Communication IS hard! During Open Reg, I was simultaneously communicating with my primary group over FB Messenger, our extended group over regular text, and this other group we partnered with over a separate FB chat. And I was the nexus, so I had to constantly relay messages back and forth. It was rather hectic.

For hotels, it’s just me and my primary group, so it should be a lot easier.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2019, 08:23:47 AM »
Communication IS hard! During Open Reg, I was simultaneously communicating with my primary group over FB Messenger, our extended group over regular text, and this other group we partnered with over a separate FB chat. And I was the nexus, so I had to constantly relay messages back and forth. It was rather hectic.

For hotels, it’s just me and my primary group, so it should be a lot easier.

That sounds horrible.  Maybe you could get them all in one FB chat?  I refuse to communicate in multiple places during the sale. I tell everyone I need to focus. 

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2019, 09:12:39 AM »
That sounds horrible.  Maybe you could get them all in one FB chat?  I refuse to communicate in multiple places during the sale. I tell everyone I need to focus.

It was one of those things where I arranged things at the last moment to increase our odds of getting a badge. None of the three groups knew each other, and I kinda wanted to keep them compartmentalized and not have to go through introductions or reassure people of badge buying priorities.

In the end, it worked out for everyone, but next year, I’ll have to plan ahead to make things easier on myself.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2019, 09:18:44 AM »
How many people can we list for additional rooms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2019, 09:32:51 AM »
How many people can we list for additional rooms?

Forgive me, it's early here and I'm tired but do you mean how many rooms and how many people per room?  I think you can book up to 5 blocks and up to 4 people per room.  So theoretically if you had a group of 20 you could all be on the same reservation.  If I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, sorry.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #280 on: February 14, 2019, 10:04:24 AM »
Forgive me, it's early here and I'm tired but do you mean how many rooms and how many people per room?  I think you can book up to 5 blocks and up to 4 people per room.  So theoretically if you had a group of 20 you could all be on the same reservation.  If I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, sorry.
Thank you. You answered my question.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »

I always wonder about this.  So say I only need 1 room but I request 5 rooms.  They get to me and I am in for my number 1 hotel but it only has 2 rooms left.  Now I get moved to the next hotel available on my list.  That could be my 2nd, 3rd or even 6th choice hotel.  Also, you have to put in names for all the people in the room.  So if you do 2 per room to save your time filling it out (and it does have a timer of 15 mins).  They give you king size beds instead of two queens.  You won't know until you get to the hotel if you will have two beds or one.  Okay so you only need one room, now you need to find 4 groups that are okay with a possible king bed that can take all day or two depending on the hotel you have (people are working and can take a long time to get back to you), you also need them all on at the same time (which is hard depending on  time zone).  Otherwise, it charges 5 rooms to your CC.  If you don't work then great, you have the time, but personally, I just think it becomes a burden.  I would suggest requesting 1 or two rooms depending on your need.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2019, 07:06:58 PM »
Early Bird Hotel update

[member=2735]Blubutterfly505[/member] Hmm. I checked last year's list and there were 11. Looks like the missing two are Doubletree by Hilton Mission Valley and San Diego Marriott Mission Valley. Maybe they'll pop up later? (I have no idea, I've never done early bird.)

OnPeak added the Doubletree by Hilton Mission Valley Rate $215 for Single/Double, $235 for Triple, $255 for Quad

from the info tab

Early Bird Reservations

This rate requires a minimum stay of 4 nights and MUST INCLUDE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS (7/19-20).

This reservation will be eligible to purchase 2 Continental Breakfast Coupons at a 50% discount upon check-in. Room rate also includes complimentary guest room internet.

Each room reservation requires full prepayment at the time of booking. Reservations are fully NON - REFUNDABLE.

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2019, 08:23:59 PM »
Early Bird Hotel update

OnPeak added the Doubletree by Hilton Mission Valley Rate $215 for Single/Double, $235 for Triple, $255 for Quad

from the info tab

I wonder what kept them from listing on Early Bird sooner?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #284 on: February 15, 2019, 06:50:27 AM »
Maybe the contract hadn’t been worked out.