Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211098 times)

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #525 on: April 03, 2019, 09:50:23 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As long as Hotelpocalypse is not on April 10th, 17th and 18th I should be good.

The email notification for Hotelpocalypse is usually given the week before, right?

Yes, usually a little under a week ahead of the sale.

Offline pegleg1204

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #526 on: April 04, 2019, 07:24:59 AM »
I get the part about using different browsers but if my adult daughters and I all have the same last name how do we get around being kicked out because of duplicates

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #527 on: Today at 08:55:50 AM »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #527 on: April 04, 2019, 08:12:49 AM »
[member=7976]pegleg1204[/member] Either you only submit the first one that gets in, because it will have the best result, or you don't use duplicate names. You can always change the guest names after you've paid the deposit. Duplicate information has a very high chance of getting flagged or just thrown out all together.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #528 on: April 04, 2019, 12:07:36 PM »
Has anyone had luck with requesting multiple rooms in one entry?  This year we have 6 of us going (5 adults and 1 infant), so we would really like to get 2 rooms at the same place if possible. 

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #529 on: April 04, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »
Has anyone had luck with requesting multiple rooms in one entry?  This year we have 6 of us going (5 adults and 1 infant), so we would really like to get 2 rooms at the same place if possible.

Yes, I've requested more than one room and been successful each year with OnPeak.  My first choice is MGH which is large, so that helps.

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #530 on: April 04, 2019, 12:30:03 PM »
My first choice is MGH which is large, so that helps.
I loved the MGH last year! I arrived at 6am and they gave me my room by 9am instead of waiting for the actual check in time :D

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #531 on: April 04, 2019, 01:12:56 PM »
Yes, I've requested more than one room and been successful each year with OnPeak.  My first choice is MGH which is large, so that helps.
Thank you!  I think we are going for MGH or Bayfront as our firsts, I'll have to check which in that area have the most rooms. 

Has anyone gotten a suite otherwise?  I've requested it in the past and never got one, I assume there are just so few of them that they are impossible to get in the lotto.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #532 on: April 04, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »
Thank you!  I think we are going for MGH or Bayfront as our firsts, I'll have to check which in that area have the most rooms. 

Has anyone gotten a suite otherwise?  I've requested it in the past and never got one, I assume there are just so few of them that they are impossible to get in the lotto.

A friend of mine requested a suite at the Hard Rock and got it no problem.  The suites there are weird though.  I do not recommend lol.

If you're aiming for larger hotels for a good shot at rooms, here's a breakdown..

Hilton Bayfront: 1,190
Marriott Marquis & Marina: 1,362
MGH: 1,628

But those three are also the most competitive (except maybe the Hard Rock?) so number of rooms doesn't increase your odds by too much.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #533 on: April 04, 2019, 01:40:54 PM »
Another option for you is the Embassy Suites...You could fit 6 people in one room(which is technically 2 rooms). Although you would all have to share one bathroom. It's not as close as the HBF or Hyatt but the walk is doable.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #534 on: April 04, 2019, 01:45:54 PM »
Another option for you is the Embassy Suites...You could fit 6 people in one room(which is technically 2 rooms). Although you would all have to share one bathroom. It's not as close as the HBF or Hyatt but the walk is doable.
I'll have to look into those as well.  Ideally we would have 2 rooms so that the non-baby people can hide away in case he's cranky ;D but if the suites offer a door or partition as you are suggesting then that might work too!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #535 on: April 04, 2019, 03:05:10 PM »

One of my friends always chooses Embassy Suites as their first choice just because they can cram 6-8 in a room. Also, don’t they get free continental breakfast? I believe there’s also a Dunkin’ Donuts in the building.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #536 on: April 04, 2019, 03:24:33 PM »
If having two rooms is the goal, the Ramada has that as well.  The bathroom is in one room, though, so that room knows the others bathroom habits lol. But if it's just to separate a baby, I think it'll work great!  They aren't terribly big, but it worked one year pre con with me in one room and my cousin and her son in the other.  The two rooms are individually smaller than an average hotel room, but together about on part or slightly bigger.  So that's an option.

Also it's has a wicked cool elevator that's like oldest in the county or something (there's a little plaque in it that explains it).

Also it's haunted.  wooOOooOoo

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #537 on: April 04, 2019, 04:13:27 PM »
One of my friends always chooses Embassy Suites as their first choice just because they can cram 6-8 in a room. Also, don’t they get free continental breakfast? I believe there’s also a Dunkin’ Donuts in the building.

It's a full breakfast with omelets and what not. (And there's a Dunks :) )

We're staying at the Homewood Suites in Little Italy this year and will do a review afterwards. One of their options is a suite with 2 separate bedrooms, a sofa bed, free breakfast and a full kitchen.  It's not part of the official sale so they do raise their prices during SDCC but we're using it in lieu of 2 rooms elsewhere and it should work out a bit cheaper.

Offline Karilg

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #538 on: April 04, 2019, 06:08:14 PM »
I'll have to look into those as well.  Ideally we would have 2 rooms so that the non-baby people can hide away in case he's cranky ;D but if the suites offer a door or partition as you are suggesting then that might work too!

My sisters and I stayed at the embassy suites for sdcc last year. They do indeed have a door in between the rooms so you can hide from baby if need be. Both rooms also have their own TVs, so you won’t get bored while hiding 😆 distance to the con is a little walk and not too bad but it is the first stop on the bus route back to the hotel(unless it changes this year) from the con. Hope this helps

Offline zxcvb531

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #539 on: April 04, 2019, 09:29:35 PM »
checking room at major hotels near convention center $1000 a night right now