Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 210901 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #1140 on: April 11, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
hey [member=364]Angology[/member] can you add the date's for notification to the calendar? or does someone else need to do that?

For reservations confirmed on April 16 the required deposit must be provided by Friday, April 19 at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
For reservations confirmed on April 23 the required deposit must be provided by Friday, April 26 at 11:59 (PDT).
Reservations without deposit will be cancelled and will not be re-instated for any reason.
Deposits are fully refundable if your reservation is cancelled on or before May 10, 2019.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #1141 on: April 11, 2019, 10:14:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there a discussion for last years hotel results? Curious to see what everyone got.

yes, there is ..... hummmm .... looking for it
tagging [member=4270]mark[/member] too
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1142 on: Today at 01:13:27 AM »

Offline Forge

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #1142 on: April 11, 2019, 10:16:39 AM »
Did anyone else have to prove you weren't a robot by continuously clicking on pictures? That cost me some time and was very frustrating.

I just had to do the check box while in the waiting room

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #1143 on: April 11, 2019, 10:17:16 AM »
it's all about being nice and paying it forward

I have mixed feelings about it, though.

On the one hand, I have been the recipient of someone's extra rooms when I was shut out.  That is fantastic.

On the other hand, if someone's second or third request essentially pushed my first request back in the queue, isn't that essentially blocking me from getting a room on my own so that they can be the gatekeeper?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #1144 on: April 11, 2019, 10:17:48 AM »
Is there a discussion for last years hotel results? Curious to see what everyone got.

here's the 2018 submission data thread

Offline cbaggs

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #1145 on: April 11, 2019, 10:20:34 AM »
I had the same experience.  I added my phone into the mix last minute and thankfully I did as it was the first to get in (I didn't even use my computer), but yeah, it was extremely small and now I am going to spend a week worried that I typed everything correctly because the print was so small and hard to read.

The only positive of using my phone (aside from it being the one that got me in immediately) was that I remembered to take screenshots of everything before I submitted!  That was a lifesaver for my anxiety. 

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #1146 on: April 11, 2019, 10:20:51 AM »

On the one hand, I have been the recipient of someone's extra rooms when I was shut out.  That is fantastic.

On the other hand, if someone's second or third request essentially pushed my first request back in the queue, isn't that essentially blocking me from getting a room on my own so that they can be the gatekeeper?

Sure, but our collectively larger group increases the odds, no?

It’s the same for badge sales. The idea is to form a large enough group so that the number of successful purchasers approaches the mean. Otherwise, you risk being the outlier (good or bad).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #1147 on: April 11, 2019, 10:23:31 AM »
So this happens every post-lottery: I start thinking, did I fill out the form correctly? Did I put in my actual email addy? Did I choose the right days? Right room type? DID I HIT SUBMIT??

Offline Berts

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 144
« Reply #1148 on: April 11, 2019, 10:26:39 AM »
Yes most of my laptop browsers had that in the last 10 minutes - was going mad trying to find the ones that needed it, maximising the browser, completing the clicks, and then minimising again to jump onto the next one.

Got them all done in time but wasn't a pleasant five minutes   :D

I had 4 sessions going and I had to do a CAPTCHA check on all of them right after 9AM. I'm not thrilled about it because I think it impacted how quickly I was sorted into a group. The first session I did the CAPTCHA was furthest along (on the running man bar), the second session I did the CAPTCHA was the next furthest and so on.

Offline mellyreid

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #1149 on: April 11, 2019, 10:27:32 AM »
So this happens every post-lottery: I start thinking, did I fill out the form correctly? Did I put in my actual email addy? Did I choose the right days? Right room type? DID I HIT SUBMIT??

I was just wondering the sameness thing! I don’t even know what my number one hotel was 😳

Did anyone try making the request via the phone??

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #1150 on: April 11, 2019, 10:31:05 AM »

Same! I really wish we could get a confirmation email when it’s submitted!

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #1151 on: April 11, 2019, 10:31:56 AM »

I totally feel the same way, especially about the email address when notifications start to go out.

I also think, I should have taken screenshots for myself of almost everything I entered.   

Now the waiting game, and the waiting is the hardest part.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #1152 on: April 11, 2019, 10:32:15 AM »
I was just wondering the sameness thing! I don’t even know what my number one hotel was

Did anyone try making the request via the phone??

Yes, right after I churned my butter and arrived at work by horse and buggy.

Kidding!

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #1153 on: April 11, 2019, 10:32:41 AM »

it's a site philosophy and as with all ethical decisions there is the time for 'sausage to be made'. Your point is a good one but with the advent of multiple browsers to get insure the original person has a 'good time stamp', it means the subsequent browsers that get in, may not yield as good a result as the first browser. What should be done with those 2nd browsers results? it is the individual's choice as to what to do.

we come down on the side of community building.

Offline chungerrr

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #1154 on: April 11, 2019, 10:32:53 AM »
I'm worried that I screwed up. I got in and filled out my form first at 9:06. Then my wife got in at around 9:12 and filled out her form. Is my original submittal now eliminated and replaced with my wifes? We both listed the same people in our parties.