Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 210941 times)

Offline freem118

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #1995 on: April 22, 2019, 06:52:59 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got embassy suites San Diego Thursday to sun plus intercontinental San Diego

Congrats! That's what I was hoping for (Embassy Suites)

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #1996 on: April 22, 2019, 07:25:26 PM »
I just checked and I can't change dates, either.

I did notice that the little chat bubble to the right of my name allows me to enter my Frequent Guest Number, so I went ahead and did that and requested early check in.

Are you talking about the main OnPeak page?  I don't see a chat bubble next to my name on the main page.  I just see a pull-down menu when I click my name.  Where are you seeing the chat bubble?  I'd like to click it, too.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1997 on: Today at 02:57:28 AM »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #1997 on: April 22, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
This is weird.  So, I got a room from an FoCC member.  In Microsoft Edge, I see boxes in OnPeak labeled "Event Information," "Hotel Folio," and "Payment Information."  In Chrome, the "Payment Information" box is replaced by "Group Manager," which has the name and email address of the person who gave me the hotel. 

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #1998 on: April 22, 2019, 07:54:46 PM »
Are you talking about the main OnPeak page?  I don't see a chat bubble next to my name on the main page.  I just see a pull-down menu when I click my name.  Where are you seeing the chat bubble?  I'd like to click it, too.

That's a really good question.  I see all of the rooms on my reservation since I gave out the other rooms on the reservation.  Not sure what all the others see in their emails.  When you log in to On Peak is there a photo of the hotel with Edit/Review below it?  That's how I get to the individual rooms, and the chat bubble near my name.

This is weird.  So, I got a room from an FoCC member.  In Microsoft Edge, I see boxes in OnPeak labeled "Event Information," "Hotel Folio," and "Payment Information."  In Chrome, the "Payment Information" box is replaced by "Group Manager," which has the name and email address of the person who gave me the hotel. 

Super weird!  Who would have thought different browsers would have different info?!?

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #1999 on: April 22, 2019, 08:10:44 PM »
Just 24 more hours until round two!

I wonder if even now our fates are being decided by OnPeak.

Last year, wave two emails didn’t go out until after noon PDT. I wouldn’t expect anything before 10, like last week.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #2000 on: April 22, 2019, 08:47:26 PM »

I thought the original member's information will stay on the reservation since they are the ones that were originally assigned that hotel. They gave us the password so we can change it, but it would still have their information on the account. Hence if you were to transfer it to another member, you would have to go back to the original member it was assigned since it will still have their information.

Offline Gamedrain82

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #2001 on: April 22, 2019, 09:57:40 PM »
Good luck tomorrow with Wave 2 everyone...unless you applied for The Moxy...in which case, I call dibs lol  >:D

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #2002 on: April 22, 2019, 10:04:00 PM »
I thought the original member's information will stay on the reservation since they are the ones that were originally assigned that hotel. They gave us the password so we can change it, but it would still have their information on the account. Hence if you were to transfer it to another member, you would have to go back to the original member it was assigned since it will still have their information.

I just thought it was weird to see that the two browsers displayed different boxes with different information.

BTW, I never received a password from the other member.  They sent a link, which I clicked; then I made my own password.  I never had to use theirs and change it.  I'm not sure how the link was created on their end.  I looks like they did something that caused OnPeak to send me the link directly rather them forwarding me a link.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 10:07:21 PM by puppy »

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #2003 on: April 22, 2019, 10:16:19 PM »
I just thought it was weird to see that the two browsers displayed different boxes with different information.

BTW, I never received a password from the other member.  They sent a link, which I clicked; then I made my own password.  I never had to use theirs and change it.  I'm not sure how the link was created on their end.  I looks like they did something that caused OnPeak to send me the link directly rather them forwarding me a link.
It is edge after all... Im surprised half the page isn't MSN.com

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #2004 on: April 22, 2019, 10:23:22 PM »
That's a really good question.  I see all of the rooms on my reservation since I gave out the other rooms on the reservation.  Not sure what all the others see in their emails.  When you log in to On Peak is there a photo of the hotel with Edit/Review below it?  That's how I get to the individual rooms, and the chat bubble near my name.

Super weird!  Who would have thought different browsers would have different info?!?

When I log in to OnPeak, I see what [member=6540]Lavendar[/member] posted.  It's a hotel with the message about alterations not allowed.  When I click on the hotel, nothing happens.  That not allowed message wasn't always there.  There was initially an edit button of some sort, because I had clicked it before just to see what it said and I could edit the room days and such.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 11:26:11 PM by puppy »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #2005 on: April 23, 2019, 03:22:46 AM »
Good morning all!  Happy Wave 2 Day.... :D.  I am up super early, drats!  It  makes this day seem sooooooo looooooooong.... ???
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Antisocial

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #2006 on: April 23, 2019, 04:00:17 AM »
The week since the first wave seems to have gone faster than the few days in the run-up to the first wave did; so the answer to OnPeak anxiety is clear - chocolate eggs  :)

Offline handelacruz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #2007 on: April 23, 2019, 04:36:19 AM »
Good luck to everyone waiting for wave 2 emails!!

Offline sin86a

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 85
« Reply #2008 on: April 23, 2019, 06:23:47 AM »
Thinking the "not allowed" option is because of wave 2 today. Hard to offer hotels to a whole new group of people if the original crew is altering their reservations. Once deposits go in for wave 2 I'm betting edit option appears again.

Offline Johnc86

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #2009 on: April 23, 2019, 06:33:36 AM »
Good luck to everyone who still needs a room. Looking forward to seeing this thread blow-up again with comments. Always fun to read what everyone has to say.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk