Author Topic: Celeb watching at hotels  (Read 6525 times)

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
Re: Celeb watching at hotels
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 06:21:35 AM »
I was at the Omni this year. My friend and I saw the cast of Stranger Things walk in on Thursday night - which is why it's weird that people saw them at the Hard Rock too. Maybe they were going to a party there? They definitely stopped at the front desk and checked into rooms at the Omni (as opposed to stopping at a restaurant or something).

We also saw the main character from Preacher, though we didn't recognize him. We had to ask why everyone wanted pics with him. He seemed really nice though.

Dave Franco and Michael Pena were in the lobby at the same time on Friday.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 08:18:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was at the Omni this year. My friend and I saw the cast of Stranger Things walk in on Thursday night - which is why it's weird that people saw them at the Hard Rock too. Maybe they were going to a party there? They definitely stopped at the front desk and checked into rooms at the Omni (as opposed to stopping at a restaurant or something).

We also saw the main character from Preacher, though we didn't recognize him. We had to ask why everyone wanted pics with him. He seemed really nice though.

That's strange about Michael Pena, b/c during the Marvel panel his stuff was taped and he wasn't there.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:21:24 PM »

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2017, 08:32:10 AM »
Stayed at the Hard Rock. Either rode the elevator, passed in the hallway, spoke to:

- The entire cast of Stranger Things, multiple times. Got photos, autographs, conversations. Natalia Dyer was two rooms down from us, and the rest of the cast was on our floor.
- The new Red Ranger. Apparently he's in Stranger Things 2.
- Jeff Goldblum was in the room next to us. Passed Karl Urban and Kevin Feige in the hallway. I am going to assume the rest of the Thor cast was on our floor.
- The entire cast of Fear the Walking Dead. Ran into them when checking into our room, and waited for the elevator with them. They were trying to talk to my daughter, but she was too star struck.
- Rode elevator with Lupita Nyong'o and Michael B Jordan, from Black Panther, at separate times.
- All 4 of The Defenders, and The Punisher. Got a photo only with Mike Colter.
- Ran into Jessica Henwick in passing. Asked her for a photo and she was excited to do so. I missed my chance to ask her out for drinks, though. (celebrity free-pass!)
- Also said HI to Rose McIver, but choked on asking her out. She was with Aly and AJ.
- My daughter saw Gal Gadot in the elevator.
- Stephen Amell, David Anders, and Will.I.Am were my annual drunk celebrity sighting this year. (I have photos with at least one drunk celeb 4 years running), and the rest of the Black Eyed Peas.
- The cast of Supernatural rode the elevator with my wife.
- Walked the hallway with the cast of Riverdale.
- Daughter selfies Sonequa Martin-Green, some of The 100, and Danielle Panabaker.
- Waited for elevators with the cast of Gotham, The Flash (photos with Grant), later ran into Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood hanging in the elevator alcove.
- Photo with Oscar from The Office
- My daughter recognized Drake Bell and got a photo with him.
- The new guy from Krypton.
- Rode elevators with the entire cast of Bright, sans Will Smith.
- Karen Gillan

That was just this year, and there are many more I don't remember. Also stayed in the Hard Rock 2016. I could post a separate list for that!  ;D
just from your list this year, i need to stay at the hard rock now. LOL ;)
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 09:55:53 AM »
That's strange about Michael Pena, b/c during the Marvel panel his stuff was taped and he wasn't there.
He wasn't at the Marvel panel Saturday, but he did show for the Conan taping Thursday with the LEGO Ninjago cast.
-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »

Hard Rock has press and parties there.

Also, Dominic Cooper! I don't watch Preacher, but I'm fond of everyone who was on Agent Carter.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
-Saw cast of Midnight, TX in lobby at Solamar
-Rode elevator with Bridget Regan at Solamar
-Saw Jeff Goldblum, Chris Meloni, Ian ziering, Seth Rogen, Josh Hutcherson outside/around Pendry
-Cast of Archer at Vela in Bayfront, then cast of Legion upstairs
-Jason Momoa, Justin Theroux at Omni

All I can remember right now!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 03:47:07 AM »
-Saw Jeff Goldblum, Chris Meloni, Ian ziering, Seth Rogen, Josh Hutcherson outside/around Pendry...

Ah...the mysterious Pendry Hotel...
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2017, 08:17:16 AM »
My friend and I saw the cast of Stranger Things walk in on Thursday night - which is why it's weird that people saw them at the Hard Rock too. Maybe they were going to a party there? They definitely stopped at the front desk and checked into rooms at the Omni (as opposed to stopping at a restaurant or something).

They were staying at the Hard Rock. We saw them going in and out of their rooms, saw them on our floor multiple times, and my son caught a couple of them at checkout for autographs.

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2017, 11:28:39 AM »
Ok - Hilton Bayfront celeb spotting:

(WB hair and make-up was on our floor, so we probably saw a few more than the usual.)
The entire cast of Arrow walked by my hotel room while I was talking to Housekeeping.
I rode the elevator with David Ramsey aka John Diggle (also from Arrow), we talked about the Buzzfeed/CW party the night before.
David Arquette in the Fox Sports Bar
Arjun Gupta walking thru the lobby (he's from The Magicians)
Dan Stevens also walking thru the lobby
I insulted Pheobe Tonkin from the Originals, she did NOT have her hair and make-up done yet and she was holding a beautiful white dress, I thought for SURE she was someone's assistant and asked her who the dress was for and she IGNORED ME. My friend then corrected me later that it was for HER, and she's a big deal on The Originals. I felt like a jerk. She could have said to me "it's for me!" And I would have said I was sorry. I still wish I could apologize.

CW/Buzzfeed Party:
Grant Gustin
Ross Marquand
David Ramsey
Echo Kellum
Tala Ashe
Nafessa Williams
Thomas Jane

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »

(WB hair and make-up was on our floor, so we probably saw a few more than the usual.)
The entire cast of Arrow walked by my hotel room while I was talking to Housekeeping.
I rode the elevator with David Ramsey aka John Diggle (also from Arrow), we talked about the Buzzfeed/CW party the night before.
I insulted Pheobe Tonkin from the Originals, she did NOT have her hair and make-up done yet and she was holding a beautiful white dress, I thought for SURE she was someone's assistant and asked her who the dress was for and she IGNORED ME. My friend then corrected me later that it was for HER, and she's a big deal on The Originals. I felt like a jerk. She could have said to me "it's for me!" And I would have said I was sorry. I still wish I could apologize.

CW/Buzzfeed Party:
Grant Gustin
Ross Marquand
David Ramsey
Echo Kellum
Tala Ashe
Nafessa Williams
Thomas Jane
your so lucky you ran into Pheobe Tonkin, especially since this most likely is the last year the originals will be at SDCC(which makes me very sad). even if you did insult her. ;)

SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 12:07:12 PM »

CW/Buzzfeed Party:
Grant Gustin
Ross Marquand
David Ramsey
Echo Kellum
Tala Ashe
Nafessa Williams
Thomas Jane

Cool when ur able to meet a celeb even if u not sure about things, u can try to contact her maybe by twitter or facebook but not sure if she has either so just a thought.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »

Why do you want to apologize? Either she didn't hear you and thus didn't respond or she heard you and didn't deem you worthy of a response. If she did hear you, she could have said something funny and made it a magical moment. That's why they are there afterall. To promote themselves and their shows. Either way, I don't see why you would apologize.

That's the thing about celebs for me. Most are awesome. Others....... not so much. The ones in the latter category I get over instantaneously. I see this a lot at autograph sessions. Some are awesome and really try to connect with their fans, Kristin Bell for example. Others are just there for the money and it shows. They are actors, they should at least fake it while on duty.

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2017, 04:41:20 PM »
Manchester gets insane with the amount of teenage fangirls who camp there all day. I've seen casts of OUAT, Flash, TW, Black Lightning, and Misha Collins. Saw Zac there last year too.

I believe AOS and Agent Carter stayed at the Marriott bc I saw them walking there after their nerdhq panel too.

that's so freaking messed up, I stayed there this year and saw Zero, granted I am on the old side but would recognize those guys.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2017, 06:06:39 PM »
Besides what i mentioned before, i feel lucky to have seen any celeb and by chance got pic with a news reporter i see on news at times so that was nice. i could have tried to take pics of celebs on exhibit floor but wasnt easy do to traffic trying to do the same and some charging so didnt wanna even try and be yelled at and say i charge for pics. so as i was told by a volunteer boss that to get a mental pic and remeber so u can say u saw whoever at time. so i did at time. saw the green and black power ranger actors of original series, got random pics of black panther movie at marvel booth wasnt easy since everyone tried do same as security was yelling take pic and move along lol. should have got pic of izombie cast but never saw show so didnt but saw them lol, so saw some and pics of others so hope better luck next year but seeing how traffic was i sure it wont be no different lol.

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2017, 05:21:32 AM »
They were staying at the Hard Rock. We saw them going in and out of their rooms, saw them on our floor multiple times, and my son caught a couple of them at checkout for autographs.

So weird! Maybe it was a different part of the cast? It was the kids we saw check in on Thursday night - so Eleven, Mike, Will, Lucas, Dustin and their parents/guardians. Did the adult parts of the cast stay at the Hard Rock, since the kids probably couldn't go to the parties? Just spitballing, because I swear they checked in. It wasn't a hallucination!  ;D ;D