Author Topic: New Discoveries  (Read 1146 times)

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
New Discoveries
« on: July 27, 2018, 11:56:37 AM »
Hopefully the Con has exposed you to things you never thought to watch/read before. 

I've lately been binging on the Good Place and it is awesome.  My brother, meanwhile, has decided to spend the weekend watching the Laika movies, after going through the experience (he had only seen ParaNorman beforehand).  I have not been a fan of the Transformers movie franchise but I am looking forward to Bumblebee in December and trust that Travis Knight can find a balance between telling a good story and providing lots of action. 

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
Re: New Discoveries
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
I'll be watching Bobcat's Misfits and Monsters after seeing the panel. Loved Tales from the Crypt growing up and this seems to be in the same category.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:14:00 PM »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 01:52:45 PM »
I will be checking out Nat Geo's Mars tv series. :)

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »
Since it was paired with the panel for Star Vs the Forces of Evil, I'm more inclined to check out Big City Greens.  Seems funny and amusing.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 04:01:42 PM »
I have been watching Unikitty. After being in the panel, and seeing an episode, I really enjoyed it. It was already on my radar (because, Tara Strong).
Also-went to the Marvel Rising panel. The only bummer there is that it's shorts, not full length shows. They talk about female role models, but then don't give them a full length animated series. Sigh. It does look awesome, though. There will be a movie out on Disney XD, but I was a little disappointed that the rest is shorts.
Ang

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 06:23:11 PM »
I feel like previous years I had more discoveries, but this year the one that comes to mind is Castle Rock. Not sure if that counts as a real discovery since it's brand new, but I wasn't really paying much attention to it premiering until SDCC. Two of our kids attended the panel and loved it. And my husband I went to the experience and enjoyed it so we were sure to watch the first 3 episodes soon after getting home. Can't wait for the next episode.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have been watching Unikitty. After being in the panel, and seeing an episode, I really enjoyed it.
Was thinking of trying Unikitty too, so that's good to hear.

I have not been a fan of the Transformers movie franchise but I am looking forward to Bumblebee in December and trust that Travis Knight can find a balance between telling a good story and providing lots of action. 
Same here! I've always been kind of meh about Transformers, but this one I'm actually excited for and even more so because of Travis Knight (being such a huge Laika fan myself). I'm not really a poster person, but loved the one we got for the panel.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline rockgirl09

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »
I'll be watching Bobcat's Misfits and Monsters after seeing the panel. Loved Tales from the Crypt growing up and this seems to be in the same category.

I was also at that panel and the clips that were shown were pretty funny! It was a nice surprise because I literally just walked into ballroom 20 to relax and regroup. I had no idea which panel was next and enjoyed the surprise.
WSC 2015-2017, Supernatural 2018