Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Off-Site Events - Chat, News, and Updates  (Read 55317 times)

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
Re: SDCC 2017 Off-Site Events - Chat, News, and Updates
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 06:19:41 AM »
The Hall H line isn’t really an offsite — but… I've seen people make it into a great family experience. I met a man and his son one year.  They spent their time treating the line like a Boy Scout camping trip and thinking of stellar questions for the son to ask the panels.  He asked Ryan Reynolds what it was like the first time he said the Green Hornet oath and was rewarded with being taken back stage afterwards to meet Reynolds and pose with photographers.  It was the first time Reynolds had publicly said the oath.  A few years later I saw the same kid telling the panel at the first Lego Movie — “Don’t screw this up”.  It seemed like this father and son took something that most people hate (the hall h line) and really made it into something special.  Also - Indigo often does a dog event on their upstairs patio. One year they gave out star wars tennis balls.  Kids seem to like the break from the Con and the chance to pet a few dogs.

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
He asked Ryan Reynolds what it was like the first time he said the Green Hornet oath

??? ??? ???

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 07:40:45 AM »

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2017, 09:53:55 AM »
 ;) My bad - Green Lantern.  It's been a few years.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »
Suicide Girls: Blackheart Burlesque--

Ages 21+ Only
at The Music Box
1337 India St., San Diego, Ca 92101
Friday, July 21, 2017
Show at 9:30PM

On Sale Friday, May 5, 2017, at 10:00AM PDT

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2017, 03:16:32 PM »
just read they confirmed Conan Wed-Sat, not finding much about how to obtain tickets.  I think there may be a lottery after July 4th?   

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2017, 03:25:55 PM »
Even more Kevin Smith at the American Comedy Co.
I'm not sure why they didn't just announce them all at the same time.

Hollywood Babble-On: Comic Con Edition!
Friday July 21st at 10pm!

Offline Darth_Primus

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »
The Hall H line isn’t really an offsite — but… I've seen people make it into a great family experience. I met a man and his son one year.  They spent their time treating the line like a Boy Scout camping trip and thinking of stellar questions for the son to ask the panels.  He asked Ryan Reynolds what it was like the first time he said the Green Hornet oath and was rewarded with being taken back stage afterwards to meet Reynolds and pose with photographers.  It was the first time Reynolds had publicly said the oath.  A few years later I saw the same kid telling the panel at the first Lego Movie — “Don’t screw this up”.  It seemed like this father and son took something that most people hate (the hall h line) and really made it into something special.  Also - Indigo often does a dog event on their upstairs patio. One year they gave out star wars tennis balls.  Kids seem to like the break from the Con and the chance to pet a few dogs.

I was at the Green Lantern panel.  Awh, memories.   I actually recorded a video of that moment, but it's really bad shaky cam work.   However, I found another video that has a better quality than mine.   Here's the link:

I think I got in line around 5am for that panel.  Now they do the wrist band thing were people get in line the day before and wait for a wristband.

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2017, 05:15:22 AM »
That's a great example of making the most of SDCC with kids.  A lifetime of memories!  ;D

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2017, 10:39:13 AM »
I just read at the Unofficial Blog that there will be no SherlockeDCC this year.

The Baker Street Babes announcement--

Offline superkatchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 129
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »
SDCC Unofficial Blog just announced a Bobs Burgers Fan Meetup outside the convention center Friday at 4pm, time to get those cosplays ready! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2017, 02:15:16 AM »
US VENTURE EPILOGUE
SAN DIEGO 2017
ART  TOYS SCULPTURE
JULY 19-23RD

SPARKS GALLERY
530 Sixth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101

"THIS SDCC THREEA TAKES OVER SPARKS GALLERY IN THE HEART OF SAN DIEGO'S GASLAMP QUARTER FOR US VENTURE EPILOGUE!"

"Over the last decade, 3A has commemorated benchmark achievements with the incredibly diverse Venture art showcases across the globe. With every Venture, fans are invited to a massive gathering of 3A’s art, toys, sculptures, and unique blend of DIY culture along with a selection of like-minded artists — all curated by Ashley Wood.

The first Venture originated at 3A’s Hong Kong Headquarters in 2009, filling the walls with art in every medium. The festivities continued to Beijing in 2010, and again in Hong Kong in 2012 for the aptly titled Re-Venture, with the most recent event held in Tokyo as the finale to a three-tour show.

The summer of 2017 brings with it the first ever Venture in the United States, and will bookend this era of 3A with US Venture Epilogue in San Diego during SDCC to celebrate the culmination of all that has come before and to welcome the next exhilarating chapters to come! Ashley Wood is thrilled to be joined by returning Venture artists Siuyin, William Wray, and Seattle artist Syd Bee — with more details to be announced soon!"

Offline bito941

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2017, 10:29:20 AM »
So sad to hear about no Nerd HQ this year! :(

Offline superkatchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 129
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2017, 09:09:53 AM »
Fresh tweet from the ZombieWalk:SanDiego "Pssstt... no zombiewalk this year. We announced last year that it was the LAST year. Will there be an undead event, though? Yes. News soon" I've always been a fan of the zombie walk and the person who runs it so I'm excited to see what's coming!

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »
MST3K will be doing two live shows during SDCC.  They sent a backer update today with the list of live shows. July 21 doing Eegah @7pm, July 22 doing a Secret Surprise Movie @7pm.  No details on where. Tickets go on sale for backers tomorrow and they will send an email for the link.  Email also says that for Eegah it will be new riffs, secret movie won't be announced (yet?...). Shows will have Jonah and the bots plus Joel as emcee.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »
MST3K will be doing two live shows during SDCC.  They sent a backer update today with the list of live shows. July 21 doing Eegah @7pm, July 22 doing a Secret Surprise Movie @7pm.  No details on where. Tickets go on sale for backers tomorrow and they will send an email for the link.  Email also says that for Eegah it will be new riffs, secret movie won't be announced (yet?...). Shows will have Jonah and the bots plus Joel as emcee.

SDCCUBlog said in their article it'll be at the Balboa Theater.