Author Topic: Hall H, what lines?  (Read 8195 times)

Offline jujubaSD

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 67
Re: Hall H, what lines?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2018, 08:45:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last year, D23 was actually the weekend before SDCC, and they did both.  At D23 they featured Infinity Wars, SDCC had Black Panther and Thor. Next year D23 will be a month after SDCC; I expect Marvel Studios will have panels at both for Phase 4.  Feige has said multiple times that if you can't overdeliver at SDCC it's not worth doing, so their presence in Hall H really does seem to depend on their production schedule.

I’m guessing with the shareholders approving the Disney/Fox merge we’ll see what Feige has planned for the expanded MCU, which I’ve heard is a 20 year plan. And am leaning more and more on their absence this year was because the merger wasn’t set in stone. And there was no telling how long it would take. The property rights will still take a while even after the merge is completed. Plus Fox has some movies already slated for release next year.

Would love to see Galactus as the next big bad! And maybe a reboot for xmen and fantastic4.

I suspect this year’s calm Hall H was a lucky year and likely won’t be the case next year. Not necessarily bad for me because it frees space on the exhibit floor and smaller panels. Lol

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »
It doesnt work that way normally though. Some panels are much harder to get into. I lined up a half hour before the Deadpool panel and didnt get in. But I was prepared for that because I know how crazy Hall H can get.  I just dont want people to get false hope for next year. Especially if Game of Thrones has a farewell panel next year and Marvel Cinema returns.

This is my 3rd year. I know it doesn't always work that way.. but thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious. :)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 05:13:48 AM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2018, 07:31:04 PM »

Yeah there was no point in lining up at night this year for the Thur and Fri panels to get a wristband...On Thursday, apparently non-wristband people were able to line up in front of wristbanded people before 7:30am since all they had to do was line up and wait for the CC staff to come by and give you a new wristband.

My friend wanted to see the Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad panels that day and I kind of said he was too late in the afternoon to get into a Thursday Hall H.

Made it up to him by telling him he had time on Sunday for Legion as he needed to have a little bit of Hall H this trip, but sad I didn't walk over to check out Saul.