Author Topic: Winning cast signing lottery but not getting the signing.  (Read 7120 times)

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
Winning cast signing lottery but not getting the signing.
« on: July 23, 2019, 09:14:44 AM »
So I heard there were a few signings like The Simpsons and The Orville at Fox that not all the wristbands made it off the wall to get the signing.
Also Titans had to cancel due to a death on set.
I was lucky enough to win a Picard signing Saturday morning at the cbs booth signing time on my ticket 1.30-2.15pm.
I waited in line against back wall made it inside the booth 4 people away from Sir Patrick Stewart when his handlers said something to him and he stopped signing got up and left, this was at 2pm.
Anyone else have Autograph stories or were you unlucky enough to be in one of these signings ?

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
Re: Winning cast signing lottery but not getting the signing.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:55:38 AM »
For the Ripley's believe it or not, it got opened to the public.  The only thing that bothered me about that was they didn't have the wristbanded people go first, it was all mixed.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:40:29 AM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 10:03:45 AM »
And Endgame only pretty much had Sebastian Stan signing?

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 10:12:18 AM »
Krypton only had Cameron Cuff and he signed CC, signing lasted 15-20 minutes.
Doom patrol only had one cast member and producer.

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 10:19:56 AM »
Some of the Sails signings were great.
Rosa Salazar was so nice, signed her new show Undone prints then also signed Alita items.
Cast of Van Helsing are always great, cast of the Expanse and Man in the High Castle were awesome as were the prints given out.
I stumbled upon a Viz Media sails signing for Seis Manos Luke Cage himself Mike Colter was one of the signers.
Netflix show The Order had a fun signing, Frank Miller signed free copies of Cursed arc.
Another weird thing I was in line for Cartoon Network Infinity Train signing Ernie Hudson was part of the cast there, he signed for the first 4 people then left.

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 10:26:01 AM »
I don't understand why everyone doesn't pre-sign the first 15-20 posters before they open the line.  Last year at WB the cast walked out, waved to the crowd, and quickly pre-signed the first 15-20 posters.  Then they opened the line and allowed the lottery winners to walk up.  Its a simple time-saving fix that made sure everyone got their posters.   So sad for everyone who won a lottery and didn't get their signing. 

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 10:34:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Krypton only had Cameron Cuff and he signed CC, signing lasted 15-20 minutes.
Doom patrol only had one cast member and producer.

This was the one signing I really wanted since I got them last year.  But it seems I didn't miss much.  Last year they had 5-6 cast members and the director there.  I wonder why it was so light this year.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »
Another weird thing I was in line for Cartoon Network Infinity Train signing Ernie Hudson was part of the cast there, he signed for the first 4 people then left.

I was there for that.  I was like fourth or fifth for that signing when the cast and crew came in to sit down.  They signed for a few ADA kids and before I knew it, he got up and left.  The story one of the workers told me was that he booked a flight earlier than they thought so he needed to go.  Whatevs, but the guy behind me said he was only there for him and him alone and promptly left the line.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 02:32:59 PM »
I don't understand why everyone doesn't pre-sign the first 15-20 posters before they open the line.  Last year at WB the cast walked out, waved to the crowd, and quickly pre-signed the first 15-20 posters.  Then they opened the line and allowed the lottery winners to walk up.  Its a simple time-saving fix that made sure everyone got their posters.   So sad for everyone who won a lottery and didn't get their signing.
I was told by the folks in the WB booth that those posters signed at the beginning are for charity.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 03:26:56 PM »
I did the Orville signing on Saturday. People there were talking about the Simpsons signing. One person claimed that she was first in standby for the Simpsons, so she saw the 'whole thing' happen from her place in line. Apparently Matt Groening is 'chatty' and the line was moving extremely slowly, so they ran out of time. The last 40 people with wristbands were not able to go through.

Of course, this woman was telling the story in the Orville line, so people were starting to panic, particularly those who (like me) had gone to the panel first before lining up for the signing. Turned out we had nothing to worry about. The signing started right on time and I was processed through in about 20-ish minutes, even though I was about 75% of the way through the wristbanded line. The only negative was that Seth MacFarlane was called away (some official-looking person whispered in his ear and he got up and walked away with them) just as I was approaching him. But the rest of the cast remained and signed and chatted. Given how quickly I went through, I am guessing that many standby people got into that signing as well.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 04:37:34 PM »
Yeah, apparently Groening personalizes things and adds doodles so he always runs over?

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 05:32:19 PM »
Yeah, apparently Groening personalizes things and adds doodles so he always runs over?

That's super nice and all, but they need to adjust the number of wristbands given out.  It's not fair to those who put their portal points towards the signing.

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »
Frank Miller signed free copies of Cursed arc.

I really liked the Frank Miller but the people running it kept saying all he will sign is the book and nothing else. He signed a few comics and turned to Tom after one with a really great look about what he was thinking when he drew it.

I was there for Infinity Train and yes I was there for Ernie, but I stayed and got the print. Really great talking to everyone that was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 07:28:01 PM »
That's super nice and all, but they need to adjust the number of wristbands given out.  It's not fair to those who put their portal points towards the signing.

Oh I know. I’m just sayin that apparently he always goes over.

No cast showed up for the Batwoman panel? With Ruby Rose cancelling I’m not sure who signed unless it was the 2 producers. I saw some people won that.

Offline PlasticManJr

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 08:11:08 PM »
James McAvoy did not show up for the His Dark Materials signing.