Author Topic: badge Resale lottery! 2013  (Read 74101 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
badge Resale lottery! 2013
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:05:22 AM »
Comic-Con International is pleased to announce that because of returned/cancelled badges we will once again be able to offer those badges for resale. This year we have also reduced the allotment of reserved badges for certain departments. Comic-Con has decided to add these badges to the resale for our attendees. We currently have several thousand single day badges available for resale, only 3,100 of which are Saturday badges. 4-Day badges are sold out.

Due to the very limited number of badges available and our vendor EPIC Registration being focused on coordinating onsite registration, the Comic-Con 2013 badge resale will be conducted utilizing a random drawing.

To enter the Comic-Con 2013 Resale Drawing, login to your Member ID account now and click the blue notice that says “Click Here to Enter a Drawing to be Eligible for the Comic-Con 2013 Badge Resale!”

The drawing entry period will remain open for 48 hours only, and will close June 12, 2013 at 10:59:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Late entries will not be accepted.

You must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID to enter the drawing.
Anyone who has already registered for or purchased a 4-Day badge (with or without Preview Night) or a single day Saturday badge will not be eligible to enter the drawing.

Those selected to participate in the Comic-Con 2013 badge resale may purchase their own badges, as well as badges for one additional guest. You may purchase for any guest who has a confirmed Member ID (as of June 7, 2013) and does not have a 4-Day badge (with or without Preview Night) or a single day Saturday badge. Your guest does not need to be selected from the drawing pool to be eligible to purchase.

Comic-Con will notify everyone who is selected to participate by email on or before June 17, 2013.

i got this at 2.08pm edt on 6.10.13 via email
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:32:54 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 7
BREAKING RESALE NEWS!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:05:33 AM »
Looks like they are going a whole different direction:

Comic-Con International is pleased to announce that because of returned/cancelled badges we will once again be able to offer those badges for resale. This year we have also reduced the allotment of reserved badges for certain departments. Comic-Con has decided to add these badges to the resale for our attendees. We currently have several thousand single day badges available for resale, only 3,100 of which are Saturday badges. 4-Day badges are sold out.

Due to the very limited number of badges available and our vendor EPIC Registration being focused on coordinating onsite registration, the Comic-Con 2013 badge resale will be conducted utilizing a random drawing.

To enter the Comic-Con 2013 Resale Drawing, login to your Member ID account now and click the blue notice that says “Click Here to Enter a Drawing to be Eligible for the Comic-Con 2013 Badge Resale!”

The drawing entry period will remain open for 48 hours only, and will close June 12, 2013 at 10:59:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Late entries will not be accepted.

You must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID to enter the drawing.
Anyone who has already registered for or purchased a 4-Day badge (with or without Preview Night) or a single day Saturday badge will not be eligible to enter the drawing.

Those selected to participate in the Comic-Con 2013 badge resale may purchase their own badges, as well as badges for one additional guest. You may purchase for any guest who has a confirmed Member ID (as of June 7, 2013) and does not have a 4-Day badge (with or without Preview Night) or a single day Saturday badge. Your guest does not need to be selected from the drawing pool to be eligible to purchase.

Comic-Con will notify everyone who is selected to participate by email on or before June 17, 2013.

Sincerely,

Attendee Registration
Comic-Con International

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: badge Resale lottery! 2013
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:38:51 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: BREAKING RESALE NEWS!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:06:52 AM »
I was just coming to post this!

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
Re: badge Resale lottery!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »
Looks like you beat me to post this by 11 seconds- I just got it and started a new topic too only to see you're already on top of it. That's why FoCCI is the place to be when in comes to Comic Con news! :)

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »
Haha and Alyssa beat us both to it!

Offline wikkibird

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:08:43 AM »
Anyone else getting a 404 not found??

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »
merging two threads <grin>
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »
Better that situation than that we're all clueless! ;)

Given the rush that is likely to accompany the resale, the drawing seems to be a fair way to distribute badge sales. But the unfortunately thing is that now people who have 4 day badges can't help others. I had promised 3 other people I would help them get badges during the resale, but now I'm not eligible to apply for the drawing.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:20:59 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline Gem1

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 11:10:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone else getting a 404 not found??

Yea, I am too :/

Offline MacAttack

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 11:14:53 AM »
You folks are too fast!

What a change-up!  Going with a lottery!  So I guess that if someone already has a Sat badge or a 4 day badge, they cannot enter to win for others.  So much for pooling efforts.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:17:05 AM »
I agree that I feel that this is the only way to handle the rush without having the site break again.

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 11:18:31 AM »
Also getting a '404 Not found' message when trying to enter my brother. I'm sure that email had tons of people trying to sign up instantly even though there's a 48 hour period to sign up. It will be interesting to see how this kind of sale goes. Now the only ones who can help each other are the people who only need one badge and can use the second spot for someone else. I'm only trying for my brother's badge so if I get chosen I'll have an extra spot.

Offline wikkibird

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 11:23:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Yea, I am too :/

Guess, I was too quick, because I did get in and got entered! Same for hubby! Now, I'll be crossing my fingers that one of us is picked for the lotto!!!

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »
Got in and registered him. Now I'm wondering if you have a better chance when you just choose one or two days instead of trying for all four. Good luck to everyone! At least we'll all know our fate for better or worse in one week!

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »
There may be a workaround for ppl with 4 day badges to help others. My husband for example has a member ID but is not attending. If he enters the lottery, I wonder if he (I) could purchase for others without purchasing one for him...

Do you think CCI would allow this? Thoughts?