Author Topic: 2014 WonderCon Parking?  (Read 5200 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
2014 WonderCon Parking?
« on: April 12, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
This is my 3rd year of going to WonderCon Anaheim, but my first as a non-Disney Passholder and I'm not sure where to park.  I live in San Diego, and I'd rather not park in Disney parking if there are cheaper options.  I assume Convention Center parking is super limited, but are there any other good places?  Is there are a shuttle from Anaheim Stadium?  I'll be with a 12 year old, so somewhere with a shuttle, or somewhere without having to walk a ton would be preferable (though we gotta do what we gotta do).
There's nothing on CCI's website: the page for 'parking' just says to check back later.
I didn't see anything here for 2014 parking; if I missed it I apologize, and if you direct me to the proper thread I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: 2014 WonderCon Parking?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:10:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is my 3rd year of going to WonderCon Anaheim, but my first as a non-Disney Passholder and I'm not sure where to park.  I live in San Diego, and I'd rather not park in Disney parking if there are cheaper options.  I assume Convention Center parking is super limited, but are there any other good places?  Is there are a shuttle from Anaheim Stadium?  I'll be with a 12 year old, so somewhere with a shuttle, or somewhere without having to walk a ton would be preferable (though we gotta do what we gotta do).
There's nothing on CCI's website: the page for 'parking' just says to check back later.
I didn't see anything here for 2014 parking; if I missed it I apologize, and if you direct me to the proper thread I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

There are a few options.  The prices will vary, depending on how direct of route you will take to get to the ACC.

OPTION 1
Try parking at the Amtrak station, which is right behind Angel Stadium.  Walk to Ayres Hotel.  Then, use the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) to go to the ACC.

The Ayres Hotel is located near the Angel Stadium, so if you get one of the ART buses (I believe it's Route 15 if you get on at the Ayres Hotel and then transfer to route 20).

Google Map of the area around the Ayres Hotel:

Here's a link to start you off: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here's a route map for the ART: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here are the schedules: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Prices for the ART buses: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

To find this information, go to the top box in the Trip Planner on the main page of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
You will see a pop-up menu on the screen.
On the left side of the pop-up menu, you will see three options.
Make sure you select "Lodging Establishments."  It will be green.
Next, find "Ayres Hotel."  After that, you will be taken back to the main page.
Go to the bottom box in the Trip Planner.
Select "Destination" in the pop-up.  It will be highlighted in green.
Click on "Anaheim Convention Center."
The page will then take you to the trip instructions.

As a side note, you can probably take an ART bus to either the Anaheim Hilton or Anaheim Marriott, which are basically right next to the Anaheim Convention Center as well.

I'll leave you to check on the prices for ART passes on your own, ha ha. ;p 

OPTION 3
Park at the Amtrak station and take a taxi to the ACC.  It's not too far away--maybe a 10- to 15-minute ride from the station, depending on traffic.

Hope that helps! ^__^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:17:20 AM »

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 08:22:08 PM »

Thanks in advance!

I'm no help since I'm staying and parking at the Hilton again this year but Jim Watari had a good idea last year in this thread:

It's right after your post Perc!  hehehe

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 08:27:45 PM »
Here's a map to the parking areas around the ACC, just in case: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here's a very good website that tells you different parking rates at different parking lots around the ACC area:

(I love using parkopedia.com for the LACC when I go to conventions there.  Ha ha.  You can use that website to search for just about anywhere for parking lots and rates.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 02:14:41 AM »
I won't have to worry about parking. I take the bus
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:15:23 AM »
I have a related question.

Where is a good place to park for Thursday early badge pickup?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Yzrfan

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 09:17:14 AM »
If you don't mind taking a walk, part at downtown Disney. You get 3 hours free.

Stay golden Ponyboy.

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 09:53:52 AM »
Thanks.  I was thinking of either downtown Disney or the Gardenwalk parking structure on Katella.  I believe there is sometimes a closer to Katella parking lot for downtown Disney.  But this being Spring break, it may not be available.

63 years old so walking isn't as easy as it used to be for me.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:56:34 AM by darkron9 »

Yzrfan

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 10:01:39 AM »
They might have a short term at the hotels

Stay golden Ponyboy.

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »
Thank you again Yzrfan!  I'll let folks know how things turn out for me on Thursday.

Yzrfan

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:48 AM »
On Thursday post something here that you're at the convention center. Someone should be there and help you out with getting your badge. Last year they weren't strict about getting other badges as long as you had the confirmation email/bar code.

Stay golden Ponyboy.

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »
Ok, will do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using Tapatalk

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 10:43:19 PM »
I've been researching parking tonight. It looks like CC parking is going to be $12 which is not bad, but I heard it fills pretty quick. So I am trying to get some info on how early I should be there. If that is sold out when I get there I just plan on parking directly across the street from the CC in the Disney Toy Story lot, which is $16. Still not too bad to be right across the street.

Though if anyone else has any tips I am open to them! Like when is a good time to get there before all the CC parking is full. Trying to time the drive from SD.....should only take 90 minutes tops, just the weird thing is the con not opening til noon......so being stuck there bored out of my mind with no one to talk to waiting for the doors to open doesn't sound groovy.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Yzrfan

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 05:49:31 AM »
Get there alittle early and watch out for the damn pillars in the parking structure, my drivers side door has a nice crease in it from D23. They Toy Story Loy is also the over flow for the convention center. You should be ok if you get there maybe an hour to 30 minutes early.

Stay golden Ponyboy.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 09:45:38 AM »
I've been researching parking tonight. It looks like CC parking is going to be $12 which is not bad, but I heard it fills pretty quick. So I am trying to get some info on how early I should be there. If that is sold out when I get there I just plan on parking directly across the street from the CC in the Disney Toy Story lot, which is $16. Still not too bad to be right across the street.

Though if anyone else has any tips I am open to them! Like when is a good time to get there before all the CC parking is full. Trying to time the drive from SD.....should only take 90 minutes tops, just the weird thing is the con not opening til noon......so being stuck there bored out of my mind with no one to talk to waiting for the doors to open doesn't sound groovy.

Cracksback please see my comment on this page

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?