Author Topic: Mickey Mouse's Disco Night  (Read 10830 times)

Offline Roybq

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 31
Re: Mickey Mouse's Disco Night
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2019, 10:07:04 AM »
The 2nd chance tickets didn't last long.  Must not have been too many.

Offline drums12

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2019, 10:19:06 AM »
Still available to me. Been about 20 minutes.
WonderCon 2011
SDCC 2012-2020 (9 year streak)
SVCC 2016
Fanime 2019
CorgiCon 2017

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 12:03:27 AM »

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:36 AM »
If anyone hasn't gotten tickets and wants them, they are still up.
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Roybq

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2019, 11:33:26 AM »
People probably clicked on the link, saw the price and let the tickets go again.  I refreshed a number of times at 10:05 and they were sold out.

Second theory: "Due to popular demand, they released even more tickets..."

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2019, 12:25:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wonder what’s really going on here.

Something either is or isn’t sold out. Even Disney can’t magically make more space where there isn’t any. So either ticket holdback or VIP’s giving back their tickets?

Releasing a bunch of last minute tickets isn't uncommon, I see it happen all the time with concerts. Both of those reasons (holdback or returns) make sense.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2019, 07:33:03 PM »
Gold members will go in first.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
Mickey Mouse's Disco Night
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2019, 07:40:36 PM »
Gold members will go in first.

Only one line though. How will they manage that?

NM. Two lines. One closest to Courtyard Marriott is for members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:50:50 PM by clarrkkent »
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline koop1974

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2019, 08:16:09 PM »
I’ve only been to 3 events. Do you know if they are sticklers for timeliness? We’re not going to make it for another 20-30 minutes. And is there anyone not dressed up?

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2019, 08:39:22 PM »
I’ve only been to 3 events. Do you know if they are sticklers for timeliness? We’re not going to make it for another 20-30 minutes. And is there anyone not dressed up?

My wife and I aren’t dressed up. Plenty of people aren’t. I’d say half.

People still rolling in at 8:40. Seems to be more of a come when you want/can type of thing.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2019, 08:59:22 PM »
ends at 12 so

Offline koop1974

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2019, 09:14:14 PM »
ends at 12 so

My wife and I aren’t dressed up. Plenty of people aren’t. I’d say half.

People still rolling in at 8:40. Seems to be more of a come when you want/can type of thing.

Thank you both for the info.

Offline Danielww2000

• Freebie Table
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2019, 09:24:45 AM »
To those who went,  and I missed it because my other event ran longer then expected,  how was it? Crowdd? How was Questlove? Did they give away any swag?

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2019, 10:31:02 AM »
To those who went,  and I missed it because my other event ran longer then expected,  how was it? Crowdd? How was Questlove? Did they give away any swag?

Gold members received a canvas bag, planner/notebook, mickey ears, drink tickets (1 per person), and movie tickets (to redeem through fandango). At least I believe this was all Gold Member specific. My wife and I received these things as Gold members and saw them crossing our names off the short list as they handed things out. Gold members entered first.

Knowing that this was also a concert venue, it was smaller than I expected. It wasn't too crowded though. Upstairs and downstairs bars were both open. There were a few cocktail tables downstairs with sparse stools and quite a bit of seating upstairs. It wasn't hard to get around at all.

There were two food stations downstairs and one upstairs. Food was jalapeno cornbread, meatballs, mac and cheese balls, pigs in a blanket, garlic and cheddar quiche, pineapple upside down cake, and bread pudding. Food kept coming, so there was plenty. Only oddity is there were NO condiments for the pigs in blankets.

There was a photo wall to take pictures and Mickey and Minnie came out in disco era costumes to take pics.

Questlove was good, but honestly, I'm not sure I would have known the difference between him and any other DJ that does the club scene regularly. As long as we're talking professional DJ's, they all sound the same to me. Dancing took a while to get going, but there was this one guy that was just giving it 110% the entire time. Like, this Disco party was his jam for sure.

It was a good time and I'd do similar events if they have them in the future.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Danielww2000

• Freebie Table
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
Thank you!

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2019, 11:00:20 AM »

I thought it was a good time out. My wife and I went for the dancing and had a good time.

The finger foods were good, plentiful and they shockingly never ran out.

It was quite crowded on the dance floor, probably thanks to one guy in a silver sequin jacket that danced like it was his last night on earth. Dude was at least 6'5" and he took up a great amount of space with his wild, arm-flailing, leg-grabbing dance moves. I'm surprised that he didn't hit or kick someone.

Mickey and Minnie Mouse were there in disco gear and doing photo-ops with people. My wife and got a pic with them after waiting in line for a bit.

I was shocked to see that Questlove had changed his hair from the traditional afro to twist braids. He played a pretty good disco set to keep with the format. He was only supposed to DJ for an hour, but stayed on the table the entire 2-3 hours we were there. I wanted to stay to the end to see if he would be doing photo-ops with people, but my wife got tired and wanted to leave. Does anyone know if he did selfies with people after the event?

I was there in costume as Ice Cube with a Jheri Curl wig and Raiders jersey and cap. When I arrived, they confiscated my gold rope chain (which was part of my costume) as it could potentially be used as a striking weapon (club rules and all), but the manager was cool and gave me the green light to keep it on. If they have another event and I'm fortunate enough to attend SDCC again, I'd certainly go back for another round of dancing and good tunes.