Author Topic: Got Covid!  (Read 10747 times)

Offline lowgun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
Got Covid!
« on: July 25, 2022, 02:04:30 AM »
Got Covid anyone else. Went to funko funday and all day Saturday all H. Figure those didn’t help

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
Re: Got Covid!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 04:47:26 AM »
I would be surprised if no one got it.

Of course there were the restrictions within the convention center (vaccinated, negative test, masks), but not in the hotels or gaslamp.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 05:00:57 AM by sessionka »
Phasers on Stun!!!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:05:52 AM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 05:36:47 AM »
You feel sick or take a test? I’d be surprised if no one got it with that amount of people and some people not wearing masks inside. The new mutation is supposed to be more contagious. I didn’t try for either fundays or hall h.  I tried to stick to smaller things but that exhibit hall was semi crowded at times.

Hope you feel better soon.

Offline lowgun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 07:46:17 AM »
A little sick then took test. Friends all pass test for now but feels something in throat

Offline Silenthillnight

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 09:36:59 AM »
I was betting on myself getting it.  Tested myself yesterday after my final romp through the exhibit hall but came back negative.  Going to retest myself tomorrow.  I am fairly impressed a good amount of attendees maintained their masks.  Although exhibitors around the silver/bronze age comics section just seemed to not care after a while.

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 11:33:43 AM »
i only did Thursday and Sunday at SDCC but i attened fundays too. Luckily no symptoms and i tested negative for covid as well.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 11:55:25 AM »
Hey guys, I didn't attend SDCC but I am currently getting over Covid, so I wanted to share my experience as you self-test:

I was exposed to Covid on a Wednesday morning (an hour in an enclosed room unmasked with a person who tested positive less than 24 hours later). On Friday AM I woke up with a mild sore throat (not super unusual for me). My self-test (iHealth) was negative. By Friday PM I was incredibly fatigued, slept for 15 hours. Woke up Saturday AM, another iHealth test, still negative. Throughout the day my fatigue worsened and I began to accumulate other symptoms - cough, congestion, hot flashes but no fever. Saturday around 11:30PM I self-tested again (this time Binax) and finally got a positive. My Sunday PCR test confirmed.

So in my experience the self-tests didn't pick it up until about 84 hours after exposure and 40 hours after symptoms started. Take any negatives with a grain of salt. If you get symptoms, assume you have it. Try taking different brands if you have access to them. And wear a mask if you're around others these next few days.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 01:16:35 PM »
I will be testing myself tomorrow (Tuesday) morning before heading to work...I think by then thing's would have enough time to "bake" :)

On a related note, did anyone's phone app (for those that have it) notify that they might have been around/in contact w/any that might've had it? My phone hasn't notified me at all yet, then again, it could also be too soon.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 02:39:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I will be testing myself tomorrow (Tuesday) morning before heading to work...I think by then thing's would have enough time to "bake" :)

On a related note, did anyone's phone app (for those that have it) notify that they might have been around/in contact w/any that might've had it? My phone hasn't notified me at all yet, then again, it could also be too soon.
I had that notification on my phone most of the weekend. I finally dismissed it cuz - yeah, I was aware.
Ang

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 07:00:50 PM »
I tested today, clear. That said, I absolutely masked at all times, did no parties and no indoor meals. Other than extremely tired, there are no symptoms and fatigue is my norm after con. I have plenty of tests and will continue to test for 5 days.

Good luck to all and thanks for that info on how long it took you to test positive on a home test.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Grogu79

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 07:23:09 PM »
I was masked at all times as well and I tested negative this evening after getting home.  Going to test every other day until Friday.  Seems every so often I am hearing more and more that someone else caught it and I am afraid that this is turning into a super spreader event. 
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government"

Offline CHEYS671Guam

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2022, 07:30:38 PM »
I was exposed to someone who caught it also. I been monitoring and tested last night. Got a negative! Will continue to test too until Friday.

Offline Namron83

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2022, 09:20:10 PM »
I'm starting to feel something today as well. I tested yesterday and came out negative, but I was told to keep testing till on Friday.

Our acquaintance who ended up staying with us for the 2nd half of the week tested positive on Saturday. He hates wearing masks and is not vaxed because of whatever conspiracy theory is out there with the vaccine. When he told us he tested positive, my friend and I immediately put our masks on... guess who didn't want to do the same? I politely suggested he do the same and his response was there was no need to because "air in the room was circulating." That made me so mad. We were already fed up with the guy prior to meeting up with him. He was under the impression that he got it from his parents who also had it prior to him leaving for San Diego. He rode back up with us after SDCC, so it was like a 9 hour drive with the windows down and temp going from that nice cool SD weather all the way up to the 100s.

Offline chachime45

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2022, 09:26:32 PM »
Should have left him at a gas station …

Everybody in my family was negative just now … I’ll check again in a couple of days.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2022, 09:28:01 PM »
I'm starting to feel something today as well. I tested yesterday and came out negative, but I was told to keep testing till on Friday.

Our acquaintance who ended up staying with us for the 2nd half of the week tested positive on Saturday. He hates wearing masks and is not vaxed because of whatever conspiracy theory is out there with the vaccine. When he told us he tested positive, my friend and I immediately put our masks on... guess who didn't want to do the same? I politely suggested he do the same and his response was there was no need to because "air in the room was circulating." That made me so mad. We were already fed up with the guy prior to meeting up with him. He was under the impression that he got it from his parents who also had it prior to him leaving for San Diego. He rode back up with us after SDCC, so it was like a 9 hour drive with the windows down and temp going from that nice cool SD weather all the way up to the 100s.

Sorry to hear that. I know this is all after the fact, but whose name was the room under and who drove? Cause this would have been a time to put your foot down and say, “if you don’t wanna be considerate about the situation, no room/no drive.”