Author Topic: Got Covid!  (Read 10767 times)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
Re: Got Covid!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2022, 05:48:39 PM »
I just got my first ever notification with the app. Said it was for Friday and Saturday.

So far I feel fine, but will pcr on Thursday because I am back at work and not working from home either. Masked at all times, of course.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2022, 05:54:38 PM »
Don't panic people. Remember even before covid many people felt sick after the Con (and I don't mean post con depression). The flu, the Con Crud and food poisoning are still around. Not every illness is covid.

Oh I definitely had con crud on the Sunday portion of the 2012 con, I remember it very well!  I remember hibernating in my hotel bed.  When I was a little better, I dragged myself to a pharmacy to get some Tylenol and I was immediately better.  I also remember having non-covid illnesses after seeing the KROQ Weenie Roast in Pomona in 2017 and the Lorde concert in L.A. in 2018.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 05:57:45 PM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 06:13:13 PM »

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2022, 06:08:21 PM »
All clear over here!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2022, 07:30:42 PM »
Didn't CCI want to be contacted by people who tested positive?  I was trying to find were they said that by failing.

Also to those that want to brag how well they masked please don't.  Everyone masked at the event, we went to a super spreader, we all knew people were going to get it. 

What we need to do now is support and help those testing positive. 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline hipchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2022, 07:42:49 PM »
I hope everyone who has covid recovers fast! My husband and I had it a month ago. Pretty sure we are still within the “window” as we are fairly certain it was the current dominant variant. We currently both feel great.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2022, 07:58:45 PM »
Didn't CCI want to be contacted by people who tested positive?  I was trying to find were they said that by failing.

[email protected]

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2022, 08:04:18 PM »
[email protected]

thank you!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2022, 08:30:31 PM »
Don't panic people. Remember even before covid many people felt sick after the Con (and I don't mean post con depression). The flu, the Con Crud and food poisoning are still around. Not every illness is covid.

I was gonna say con crud is real. I was so tired and sick a few times. I feel fine now though. A little tired but probably from all the walking and staying up late.

Never saw that contact email. Thanks. Good luck everyone.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2022, 08:33:04 PM »

Also to those that want to brag how well they masked please don't.  Everyone masked at the event, we went to a super spreader, we all knew people were going to get it. 

What we need to do now is support and help those testing positive.

Not everyone masked unfortunately. Some exhibitors, booth workers, panelists and a handful of attendees weren’t masked. Security didn’t stop them. Some only half wore them.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2022, 11:09:31 PM »
I am certain that if my partner and I hadn't caught COVID in May, we certainly would have caught it at SDCC last week because I am sure we were exposed to it many times. There was just so many super packed lines and crowds, events, and meetups going on, with and without masks over so many days, lack of sleep, so much stress on the body, and COVID is so transmittable nowadays. Getting it recently but in time to be recovered by the convention turned out to be a blessing (or less of an evil) when combined with 3 doses of the vaccine to provide enough immunity to get through the convention. So as NCDS said, we just need to support those that caught it because it was certainly a super spreader event and a matter of luck with regard to who got it or not and at what time this year.

We did try to take as much precautions as possible wearing masks even when in crowed areas outdoors until dinner at Fundays on Friday night. At that point we decided if we we caught a breakthrough/repeat infection (or even just a cold) it likely wouldn't show up until we were home (and wouldn't have to feel it during the flight which is crucial) and decided to enjoy that mask-optional event unmasked (and then I strained my voice from yelling  :P). My voice is still not 100% recovered yet but thankfully we are feeling good otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 11:12:25 PM by darqamin »

Offline teriqueen

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 95
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2022, 06:56:05 AM »
Welp, got my first ever Covid exposure notification. I took antigen self-tests Monday and this morning, both negative, and I have zero symptoms. I'm quadruple-vaxxed and wore a mask on the planes, at the airports, and both inside and (mostly) outside during the con, unless I was eating or drinking. My state (Vermont) recommends that I keep masking for 10 days from the exposure date, but doesn't think a PCR test is necessary unless I also have symptoms.

So my question is this: the exposure notification came from the state of New York, but the exposure date was during the con. I assume this means that the person who tested positive lives in NY or maybe has a NY area code, but I realized that I have no idea how this works. Our phones apparently were in contact, and that contact was of adequate "strength and duration" to exchange deets. Could I have just been standing next to someone in line for long enough that our phones hooked up? If so, how long could that take?

I'm just curious--I don't need to know who the contact was. I figure there's probably someone on this thread who can explain the process.

tlc

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2022, 07:06:11 AM »
Welp, got my first ever Covid exposure notification. I took antigen self-tests Monday and this morning, both negative, and I have zero symptoms. I'm quadruple-vaxxed and wore a mask on the planes, at the airports, and both inside and (mostly) outside during the con, unless I was eating or drinking. My state (Vermont) recommends that I keep masking for 10 days from the exposure date, but doesn't think a PCR test is necessary unless I also have symptoms.

So my question is this: the exposure notification came from the state of New York, but the exposure date was during the con. I assume this means that the person who tested positive lives in NY or maybe has a NY area code, but I realized that I have no idea how this works. Our phones apparently were in contact, and that contact was of adequate "strength and duration" to exchange deets. Could I have just been standing next to someone in line for long enough that our phones hooked up? If so, how long could that take?

I'm just curious--I don't need to know who the contact was. I figure there's probably someone on this thread who can explain the process.

This is the info I found about the MD COVID App and I assume this is how it works for most of them:

Once you opt-in (iPhone) or download the app (Android), the system will assign you a random identification number. The numbers change every 10-20 minutes and cannot be used to identify you or your location. MD COVID Alert uses Bluetooth Low Energy technology—not Location settings—to determine when any two or more random identification numbers (i.e., phones) have been in contact for 15 minutes or more at a distance of 6 feet or less.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 10:10:12 AM by YouThinkMeMad »

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2022, 09:18:28 AM »
This is a really good question. The app I have on my iphone calls out PA but obvs we were all in CA last week. It wouldn't let me change the notification settings. When I got back home here to PA I could now change them. I didn't get any notifications yet so we'll see.

And now I just saw that the app will be discontinued today, so there that goes.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline CHEYS671Guam

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2022, 09:18:41 AM »
I was gonna say con crud is real. I was so tired and sick a few times. I feel fine now though. A little tired but probably from all the walking and staying up late.

Never saw that contact email. Thanks. Good luck everyone.

Wearing masks definitely help us with getting the Con Crud. I got it in 2013 & it was horrible to have during Disneyland! I do feel tired as well but I think it was because of the lack of sleep.

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2022, 10:07:02 AM »
Are people really complaining that panelists weren't wearing masks? Seriously, no one overnightied to see Keanu in a mask.

Also the big halls allowed food so the masks were off frequently. Masks were off in the small rooms too. Anywhere there was food, masks were off, which was everywhere.

For general walking around, compliance was nearly 100% and I'd guess 30% were in N95s. Very different take than SWC.

We chose to go to a superspreader event. The consequence is getting covid, von crud, or not.

To those who did get it, I wish you a speedy recovery. This was a great con, fewer people, less lines, great panels and off sites even if there were fewer than previous years.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 10:12:37 AM by angi »