Author Topic: SDCC 2023 Pro Registration  (Read 11282 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
SDCC 2023 Pro Registration
« on: August 05, 2022, 08:53:24 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Professionals

Our next Professional Application Period for Comic-Con 2023 is coming soon! If you have not previously applied as a Professional, or are DUE to re-verify, please read below for details!

"Please watch this space for our next Professional Application Period, which will begin in mid-to-late August! If you are a new applicant, or are DUE to re-verify, we recommend you check back regularly in order to ensure that your application is submitted during our upcoming application period. If your verification expires on 8/1/2022, you will be notified via email of the application period and will be provided with instructions when it opens. We look forward to reviewing your applications!"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:51:11 PM by Zero »

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 100
Re: Re: SDCC 2022 Pro Registration
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 10:29:17 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about Pro-Registration? I need to renew this year.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 10:36:14 AM by waltbionik »

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC 2023 Pro Registration
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:44:41 AM »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 01:27:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Per SDCC blog, applications are now open:

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 02:34:25 PM »
thank you!

Offline xavier2518

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 05:05:41 AM »
can anyone tell me if i can add a extra guest badge under professional, since i am a professional badge holder, i added my wife, as a guest for 2022, just wanted to make sure if, only 1 guest is the limit?

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 10:11:46 AM »
can anyone tell me if i can add a extra guest badge under professional, since i am a professional badge holder, i added my wife, as a guest for 2022, just wanted to make sure if, only 1 guest is the limit?

As far as I know, you will receive an allotment of guest badges when you get confirmation. For example, I was allotted no complimentary badges, but was able to purchase one additional badge at full price.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 11:15:06 AM »
It's my understanding that you will be allotted your Pro badge + one additional guest badge.  Said Pro badge, at least last year, was for 4-Day w/PN as the only option, with the Guest badge being the same.

Presuming CCI doesn't change how they did things previous years, which is always a possibility...

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 09:01:13 AM »
Professional Registration Application is now Open!  If you are due to Renew, or if you a someone applying to be a Pro, now is the time to apply.  You can find info here:

Reminder that besides those who work in the industry, educators and librarians are also eligible to be Comic-Con Pros!  I used to think this was limited to arts educators, but there is no such stipulation and it doesn't hurt to apply.'

In summer 2019 when I first applied to be a Pro I did not receive verification until AFTER Returning Registration; however when I registered/bought my badge as a Pro CCI automatically refunded me and it was a very easy process.  You will likely hear back before General Registration happens.

The deadline for submitting applications is Sept. 30th.

As a teacher myself, I attended 20 Comic-Con before I thought to apply as a Pro, and I found this an incredibly easy process: I recall not taking more than 15-20 mins filling out the application (which I of course sent in at the last minute/day of the deadline  ::) ) and I can tell you life is QUITE A BIT less stressful for Cons knowing I'm guaranteed a 4-Day + PN for myself and 1 guest. 

If there are any San Diego educators who are Pros/want to be Pros, feel free to DM me and I can talk to you about potentially joining a SDCC Educators book-club that's run by an OUTSTANDING individual who works at the SD County Office of Ed; the get-togethers are generally monthly and are currently happening via Zoom (and I am currently not able to participate due to my marching band business in the fall :-[ ).  If there are any educators who aren't 100% sure of what to submit for verification, PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

Good luck to current and future Pros in this process! 

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2022, 07:26:30 AM »
Professional Registration Application is now Open!  If you are due to Renew, or if you a someone applying to be a Pro, now is the time to apply.  You can find info here:

Reminder that besides those who work in the industry, educators and librarians are also eligible to be Comic-Con Pros!  I used to think this was limited to arts educators, but there is no such stipulation and it doesn't hurt to apply.'

In summer 2019 when I first applied to be a Pro I did not receive verification until AFTER Returning Registration; however when I registered/bought my badge as a Pro CCI automatically refunded me and it was a very easy process.  You will likely hear back before General Registration happens.

The deadline for submitting applications is Sept. 30th.

As a teacher myself, I attended 20 Comic-Con before I thought to apply as a Pro, and I found this an incredibly easy process: I recall not taking more than 15-20 mins filling out the application (which I of course sent in at the last minute/day of the deadline  ::) ) and I can tell you life is QUITE A BIT less stressful for Cons knowing I'm guaranteed a 4-Day + PN for myself and 1 guest. 

If there are any San Diego educators who are Pros/want to be Pros, feel free to DM me and I can talk to you about potentially joining a SDCC Educators book-club that's run by an OUTSTANDING individual who works at the SD County Office of Ed; the get-togethers are generally monthly and are currently happening via Zoom (and I am currently not able to participate due to my marching band business in the fall :-[ ).  If there are any educators who aren't 100% sure of what to submit for verification, PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

Good luck to current and future Pros in this process!

Thank you for posting this. I, too, attended SDCC 9 times before someone on this board messaged me and told me I could apply as a pro as an educator (I had mentioned in a post that I was an educator).
Like the above post mentioned, it's easy to apply and I've had no trouble with being approved.
New York Comic-Con also does a pro badge for educators. It's not free, but you can get all four days for $100 plus tax and shipping.
Again, having the pro badge takes off so much stress. I already booked my fight.
Now, just waiting on hotel lottery.

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2022, 10:38:05 PM »

They changed it up a few years ago.

We used to get a free pro badge and two paid guests.

Now we get a paid pro and one paid guest.

I think it depends on your allotment.

My partner has pro status but he hates SDCC,  so bought a regular badge this year because you have to buy the pro in order to buy the guest.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2022, 02:53:13 PM »
Forum Housekeeping:
Time for more of my fall forum housekeeping!  Ha ha.

Split the SDCC 2023 professional registration posts from last year's thread (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) and created a new topic for this.  The posts related to 2022 were a few months old, and it's about time to get a new thread going.

Stickied this new thread.

Closed the old You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login thread.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:56:45 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline azul120

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2022, 07:22:59 PM »
Has anyone who applied for renewal within the past couple months received approval notices yet?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 10:15:41 AM »
Has anyone who applied for renewal within the past couple months received approval notices yet?
No, but FWIR in 2019 when I first applied as a Pro:

I heard nothing back until relatively shortly after Returning Registration. Meaning, I had already purchased badges for 2020 before hearing back that I was a Pro.  When I purchased my Pro badge, my 2020 purchased general attendee badge was automatically 'canceled' and refunded and the Pro badge was the precedent. 

I suspect with the radical change in registration systems, this will be a similar timeline.  Meaning, CCI put 'all their eggs,' so to speak, focusing on the Returning Registration to make sure it ran as smooth as possible.  Now that's over, and as CCI shifts to dealing with any problem emails from Ret Reg while also shifting for a much larger influx in traffic for General Registration, I suspect the Pro approval/denial emails will be going out over the next couple of weeks.

That's just my guess based on my experiences over the years.

On a different-but-similar note, not buying a badge in Returning Registration was _THE_ weirdest thing I've experienced as far as SDCC is concerned!  This was the first time in probably 15 years AT LEAST that I didn't secure my badge the first 'returning registration' opportunity I possibly could, and it's really messing w/my own anxieties!  Like, I know I'm a Pro, and I have another couple of years before my Pro status needs to be renewed, and I know CCI has said what badge allotment Pro's are guaranteed, but not having that badge already purchased while so many of my friends got theirs in the Ret. Reg. really makes me feel uneasy!
I know that's 100% a ME problem, and I'm dealing with it, but still... :P

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2022, 04:14:28 PM »
Has anyone that had to renew their Pro Credentials received a verification if their application has been accepted? With Open Reg coming on Sat Nov 5rh what do people that still have pending Pro applications do if they haven't been notified of their Pro Status?

Offline Roshawn

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2022, 09:58:35 AM »
Has anyone that had to renew their Pro Credentials received a verification if their application has been accepted? With Open Reg coming on Sat Nov 5rh what do people that still have pending Pro applications do if they haven't been notified of their Pro Status?

Nope, we are last on the list.