Author Topic: Badge sell  (Read 2763 times)

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
  • Be kind to others in line
    • Tink the Pug
  • Liked: 67
Badge sell
« on: November 06, 2022, 10:56:53 AM »
So, I thought the badges were non-transferable. I have a 4 day+PN senior badge that I may not use because no one else in my party got a badge. What are my options?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Badge sell
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 11:02:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, I thought the badges were non-transferable. I have a 4 day+PN senior badge that I may not use because no one else in my party got a badge. What are my options?

They are non-transferable.  Your option is to cancel and get a refund.  But why not go on your own?  I go on my own, mostly.  I have a little crew I hang out with at the parties, but during the day I like the freedom of going where I want when I want.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:00:22 AM »

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 11:05:37 AM »
If you don't want the badges anymore, you can request a refund through this online form, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. CCI will charge a 10% processing fee.

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
    • Tink the Pug
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 11:20:32 AM »
Do they refund to the credit card in my profile, or to the original payment method? I bought through a group, so I did not pay CCI.
I may just go if I can get a hotel.

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 11:24:03 AM »
Do they refund to the credit card in my profile, or to the original payment method? I bought through a group, so I did not pay CCI.
I may just go if I can get a hotel.
They will refund to the original form of payment.

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
    • Tink the Pug
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 11:28:21 AM »
Thanks, I will probably go then and hope I get a hotel.

Offline Catechie

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 08:43:00 PM »
You may have an opportunity to room with someone (based on your comfort) I am sure you are not the only one that has a solo ticket. There are so many months prior, I would hold on to it. See what develops. There could be a chance for double occupancy with a fellow Comic-Con attendee.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 04:37:49 AM »
You may have an opportunity to room with someone (based on your comfort) I am sure you are not the only one that has a solo ticket. There are so many months prior, I would hold on to it. See what develops. There could be a chance for double occupancy with a fellow Comic-Con attendee.
There is a thread that opens up here that looks for rooms/roomies, so your odds are pretty good in finding a room.  Just keep an eye out here.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 06:11:35 AM »
I go solo and meet up with friends. You will definitely make friends. So, go now. Because you don't know what will happen in the future. Don't lose this opportunity.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 06:21:29 AM »
Plus, you got folks here.  I know I started solo, and met all the great peeps here.  I still do what I want to do on my own if I desire, but I have options, due to the great peeps here.  So I would definitely try, if anything, you're going to SDCC, and that in and of itself is a great thing.

Online perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2022, 08:31:39 AM »
Plus, you got folks here.  I know I started solo, and met all the great peeps here.  I still do what I want to do on my own if I desire, but I have options, due to the great peeps here.  So I would definitely try, if anything, you're going to SDCC, and that in and of itself is a great thing.
Yeah I'm an introvert except for my job (as a teacher) and when I'm at Comic-Con.  Nowadays it almost seems 'wrong' to think of going by myself

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 08:33:54 AM »
Yeah I'm an introvert except for my job (as a teacher) and when I'm at Comic-Con.  Nowadays it almost seems 'wrong' to think of going by myself
Technically no one goes to SDCC by themselves...they go with 164,999 other friends of theirs :)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2022, 12:20:39 PM »

Initially, I thought I was just one of the few that went solo, but the more I go, the more I meet.

My first year (2015), I was pretty much solo.  As I did absolutely no research, I have to say, part of me was wondering what in the world I was doing going to Comic Con by myself.  I stayed in a hotel on Shelter Island, and used the shuttle to the convention center.  I was a little nervous on the ride to the convention center until we got closer.  Then I saw something that started to alleviate my nervousness.  A guy walking towards the convention center in full Star Wars storm trooper regalia.  Then I got off the bus, got my badge (they didn't mail them then), and headed to the exhibit floor.  At that moment, I thought "I've come home".  Had an absolute blast  :)

Since then I've gone solo every year, but...  I've started to get to know people on this forum.  The relationships have grown.

I agree with all the sentiment here on going solo.  If you can do it, do it.

As for hotels...  The Hotel sale is it's own monster, but...

1.  You can do the early bird sale.  I've never done it, but it's the easy way to guarantee a room.  It's not downtown, but they are on the shuttle route, and the shuttle is very well run.

2.  If you're aiming for downtown, and you don't get it in the lottery, rooms on the shuttle route are pretty much available for a number of weeks after the lottery is over.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Online perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 01:20:28 PM »
Technically no one goes to SDCC by themselves...they go with 164,999 other friends of theirs :)
Very true.  When I first started going, it was with a buddy of mine: his wife was an executive of one of the downtown hotels that CCI used in the early 00's (I think the Bayfront but I don't remember), and would get us free passes.  I started buying my own badges around the time my oldest was born, around 2002/2003.  I would go by myself back then for the most part which had its advantages: don't have to worry about "what's the group want to do," or saving multiple seats in panels, etc.  In my experience strangers I sat around were always (and still are to this day) extremely helpful if I needed them to watch stuff/my seat when I went to the bathroom or whatnot, were always friendly to chat with, etc.  You know how it is: ask someone about something they're passionate about, let them talk about their interests, and you've made a friend. 
As my kid(s) got older and went from "they only go on Sunday when we mostly hang out in the Exhibit Hall" to "now they're going every day and hanging out in panels with me," I had the same situation with strangers as well as sharing the experience with my family.

I don't think I've ever consistently experienced so many great strangers in any other hobby/business/whatever as I do with Comic-Con attendees annually.  We're all generally good, nice people who are passionate about stuff, excited to talk and have a good time.  Going to SDCC "solo" is only solo if you don't want to converse with strangers!

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 03:41:10 PM »
I think you should go. Twitter and this forum was a great resource to meet up with line buddies and make friends at the same time. If you’re really not feeling it then I wouldn’t let the fact that someone else bought your badge be a barrier to requesting a refund.

There is a lot of trust in these groups and it goes both ways. After all, that person spent their own money to buy your badge, trusting that you’d pay them back. Just let them know you are refunding and to send the money back once they receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer