Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Ace Parking Discussion Thread  (Read 48264 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
SDCC 2017 Ace Parking Discussion Thread
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:12:19 PM »
Let's get this party started  :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

San Diego Comic-Con 2017 Parking Related Information

Customer Service Contact Information
P: 855.Ace-Park (223-7275)
Support Email: [email protected]

UPDATE 2/22/17:

We are planning to announce the details of this year’s lottery sale at the end of March.

2016 thread, for reference: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:04:51 PM by AzT »

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
Re: SDCC 2017 Ace Parking Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:57:36 AM »
I hope they don't require any action while many of us are WonderCon!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:18:51 PM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 03:05:48 PM »
CCI parking tab, to date:

Parking

More information about Comic-Con International 2017 is coming soon...check back for details!

For a look at what happened at Comic-Con 2016, please click here to visit our Past Events section.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 07:02:23 PM »
I hope they don't require any action while many of us are WonderCon!
The past few years, you have had several days to enter your emails for the lottery.
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »
The past few years, you have had several days to enter your emails for the lottery.

I believe it was several weeks last year!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 06:25:37 PM »
CCI parking tab, to date:

Parking

More information about Comic-Con International 2017 is coming soon...check back for details!

For a look at what happened at Comic-Con 2016, please click here to visit our Past Events section.

IIRC Comic-Con's website was slow on the uptick when it came to Ace Parking lotto system.  I don't remember if that was in 2016 or in 2015, but one of those two years CCI was pretty awful getting info out and I believe a lot of people may have learned too late to enter the lotto.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 09:30:41 AM »
(bold = mine)

San Diego Comic-Con 2017 Parking Related Information
Customer Service Contact Information
P: 855.Ace-Park (223-7275)
Support Email: [email protected]

UPDATE 3/20/17:

Ace Parking will be running the same lottery process we ran last year and the lottery registration period is now open. The only difference will be we have transitioned to a sign-up form instead of an email process. To register for the 2017 parking permit lottery, please fill out this form. If that link does not work for you copy and paste this link into your browser address bar. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Entries for the lottery will be accepted until the 24th of April. We will hold on the lottery drawing on the 25th of April and divide the selected entries into six groups.

On May 1st the system will be opened and restricted to the people in group 1 only. Each week thereafter the system will be opened to the next group until all groups have had a chance to purchase their permits. At the end of the six-week period, the system will be opened to the general public.

Each group will have a full week to purchase their permits. Last year there were still plenty of permits available in the system when it opened for the general public. Everyone that participated in the lottery was able to get a permit for parking. We cannot guarantee a spot at any particular location and some locations are a lot more popular than others, however, all locations are within easy walking distance of the Convention Center. If you have any questions, please send them to [email protected]

Thank you,
The Ace Parking Team

Comic-Con 2017 FAQ

Q: What locations will be included in the sale this year?
A: We are still finalizing the locations and rates for this year’s sale. The list will be posted before the sale begins in April. We will send out another announcement through social media when the information is posted on this page.

Q: What is the link for the site selling the permits?
A: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login We are releasing the link to the site that will be selling the permits ahead of time so you will be able to get familiar with the site and set up an account in the system, if you so choose. The permits will be sold by our reservation website at space.aceparking.com. The link to the page that will be selling the permits in the system is: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Credit cards are not stored on the site and the site is fully PCI compliant.

Q: What are the operating hours for the lots?
A: Most lots will open for drive up business at the times below, however, there may be cases when the lots open for permit holders only and do not open for drive up sales until later in the morning. Each lot is different and works to maintain a balance between the reserved spaces and extra inventory.
Convention Center, Hilton Bayfront garage, Padres Parkade, Diamond View Towers: 5am — 2am
Tailgate Park, Triangle, MTS: 5am — 2am
707 Broadway: 4pm on Friday until 6am on Saturday. Saturday and Sunday 24 hours. No overnight camping.

Q: What is the decal number field in the user account setup?
A: The decal number field is for Associates of Ace Parking Only and you can leave it blank.

Q: Do the lots offer over-sized vehicle parking?
A: No, vehicles over 18 feet will be turned away and not allowed to park even with a valid permit. Sorry.

Q: Does my permit include in-and-out privileges for the day?
A: No, in-and-out privileges are not allowed. If you leave the lot your space will become available for another drive-up customer to park in. Sorry.

Q: Does the on-line system require me to set up an account to purchase my permits?
A: Yes. You will need to setup an account during the checkout process. Your account will enable system features such as the ability to print your permit in the future, and tie all purchased permits to a single barcode that you can carry on your smart device for use at scanner equipped lots. Your account will be available for future purchases for parking at next year’s Comic-Con and other events with the same barcode assigned to you which will be replenished with future permit purchases as they are made.

Q: Will the system allow me to purchase multiple permits per day?
A: No. Each account is restricted to one permit per day for Comic-Con. If you need to purchase more than one permit, you will need to setup multiple accounts.

Q: Is there a way to purchase Comic-Con permits other than online?
A: The only way you can purchase advance parking permits for Comic-Con from Ace Parking is through the online system. However, the majority of the lots included in the online sale and others that are not included will be available for drive-up parking the day of the event. Drive up availability will be first come, first served for the remaining spaces not reserved online. The lots are expected to fill up fast. If you are planning to find parking the day of the event, you should get there early.

Q: Can cars be parked overnight? Or just during the hours of the event?
A: Overnight parking is not permitted. The lots close at 2 am and reopen at 6 am (Convention Center opens at 5 am). They close so they can be prepared for the next day. Most lots are pre-sold to full capacity each day, so any cars on the lot after 2 am, will be towed at the owner’s expense.

Q: What if I drive a different car the day of the event?
A: This year there is no need to enter details about your vehicle when you purchase your permit. The program doesn’t even prompt for them. We only request that you place a copy of your printed permit on your dashboard so it can be scanned by our lot enforcement personnel.

Q: Can I make a copy of my permit and give it to my friend?
A: No. The permits are lot specific and can only be redeemed once. If a copy is found, the vehicle will be ticketed. If you’ve copied your permit and given it to a friend, the second permit scanned will be in violation and that may end up being your car. The permits are bar coded and lot enforcement personnel will be making the rounds scanning/redeeming them.

Q: Handicap Parking?
A: ADA spaces are first come first served. The Convention Center and Hilton Bay Front are the best choices for ADA parking.

Q: Will the passes sold on-line include a fee?
A: Yes, a convenience fee will be added per permit per day at checkout.

Q: Why am I being charged a convenience fee?
A: Yes, we do our best to make pre-purchasing parking as easy as possible so that fans can reserve parking ahead of time online. The convenience fee covers resources spent on making this option available and include, web hosting, ticketing hardware, customer support, training, credit and debit card processing services, merchant fees, computer hardware and software, telephone lines, labor and more.

Q: If I send in multiple entries from multiple email accounts that I own and win one of them, can I purchase my permit with any of the emails I registered with or only the one that won?
A: Only the one that won. Your winning email address must be registered in the account you are going to use to purchase the permits. The purchase process will require you to log into your account first and will validate your email address. If your email address matches one on the selected list, you will be given the option to purchase a permit at the lot your name was drawn for. If there is no match, the option to purchase a permit will not be available to you.

Q: Can I register for the drawing with an email address that I haven’t registered an account within the permit system?
A: Yes. Accounts in the permit system are separate from the registration emails. If one of the email accounts you entered from is selected to purchase a permit, you have the option to create an account for that email address or update your existing account with that email address to qualify for the purchase option.

Q: If my entry is selected for a lot, can I purchase a permit for multiple days, or just a single day?
A: When you enter the system to purchase your permit, you will have the option to purchase permits for all five days during the show (preview night and four show days.)

Q: Can I register multiple times for the lottery?
A: Yes and no, the system will accept your entries, but the drawing will be restricted to one entry per email address.

LOCATION INFORMATION WILL BE ADDED HERE ONCE THE DETAILS ARE FINALIZED.

2017 @AceParking #ComicCon Parking Permit Lottery registration is now open! Head on over to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for more information.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:03:26 AM by AzT »

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 12:25:59 PM »
I sent in the following question to ACE:

With the new form - are we only allowed to sign up once? - or can we submit multiple forms using different email addresses? - even though the name, address, and home numbers would be the same.

If you are allowed to submit multiple forms and emails - is there a limit as to how many?

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »
I sent in the following question to ACE:

With the new form - are we only allowed to sign up once? - or can we submit multiple forms using different email addresses? - even though the name, address, and home numbers would be the same.

If you are allowed to submit multiple forms and emails - is there a limit as to how many?

Their FAQ has the following Q/A:

Q: Can I register multiple times for the lottery?
A: Yes and no, the system will accept your entries, but the drawing will be restricted to one entry per email address.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 12:49:06 PM »
I will be interested to see how they respond to this question. Thank you for asking them!
Ang

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 12:57:13 PM »
"We will hold on the lottery drawing on the 25th of April and divide the selected entries into six groups.On May 1st the system will be opened and restricted to the people in group 1 only. Each week thereafter the system will be opened to the next group until all groups have had a chance to purchase their permits. At the end of the six-week period, the system will be opened to the general public."

I hoping the hotel lottery will be before April 25th. How will attendees know if they need downtown parking without booking a downtown hotel? Could this be a slight hint as to when the Hotel lottery could be? Hmmm...
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 01:13:37 PM »
I also sent in question asking they will send out email confirmations that the forms were submitted properly - In past years, I received a confirmation email that my submission was received - This is helpful just in case of any misspellings on the email address part of the submission form.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 09:07:15 AM »
Bravo, CCI, bravo! ;D

Parking

ACE Parking will once again be pre-selling parking spaces for Comic-Con International in some of their lots. Information is available on their website, please click here to read it.

Reminder: Comic-Con is posting this information as a service to our attendees and the city of San Diego. Comic-Con does not organize this sale or receive any compensation from ACE Parking. If you have any problems or concerns, please contact ACE Parking at [email protected].

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 12:48:31 PM »
Any answer as to whether we can use the same name when submitting entries?
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 12:59:05 PM »
Any answer as to whether we can use the same name when submitting entries?
I can't imagine this would be an issue, so many people could easily have the same name, but different email addresses.