Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65242 times)

Offline Frank11207

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 13
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »
I have a bad feeling that nycc is gonna sell tickets for the bigger panels.

Offline smurph1125

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2016, 11:53:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a bad feeling that nycc is gonna sell tickets for the bigger panels.

Or have a registration and selection process for the bigger panels so that the fans can enjoy their day more and not sit in line
NYCC: 2014, 2015, WW Philly 2015, ACBC 2015, Great Philadelphia CC 2015

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #182 on: Today at 08:33:59 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »
I too have mixed feelings about having a lot of nighttime activities in different areas.   The idea is to have everything in a close central location so your only travel time is getting to the convention.

Having things too spread out also lessens the spontaneous decisions--like  hearing about something and then having the time to go across town and then back to your hotel.  Maybe if they had themes for different areas that are outside of the main...something like Brooklyn is Post Apocalypse Town...
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2016, 12:20:39 PM »
Or have a registration and selection process for the bigger panels so that the fans can enjoy their day more and not sit in line

Just read this about panels on New York Comic Con's Facebook page

... We always have a bag check for Fans to use. We will have places for Fans to sit and lounge during the show. We will have a process for panels that we will announce closer the show. Thank you.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2016, 12:43:53 PM »
waiting for the other shoe to drop and have them say press/pros have to go through the regular line as well.

I think they pretty much have:

As with all ReedPOP events, NYCC is a “Fans First” event and approval to receive a Press Badge is not guaranteed. We must maintain a high standard of excellence when we award Press Badges so please understand that:

Your Press Badge allows access as long as space is permitting.
Your Press Badge does not allow early access, special access or guaranteed seating.
Your Press Badge does not allow you to cut lines.
Your Press Badge will not allow access into any events requiring an additional ticket.

Looks like pro might still be able to cut the lines though.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
I'm so exhausted by NYCC that I rarely do anything afterwards or off site. It's just too much time and hassle for me personally.

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2016, 01:06:16 PM »
no vip? i always found a way to get a ultimate access badge each year.

not worth going to nycc without one for me. so dragoncon instead.

if i had a big ip to tout, renting out the whole former vip area might be a thing.

p.s. looking to see if i can modify someone else's booth with a two stage booth. a.k.a. a second floor. prices seem to vary greatly. then the second story would still let me have a "unfair" private area to lord over the masses. because if i am to go this far, then i must defeat the idea of fairness, lol. i saw the area for regular passes to sit down. it was..... not acceptable to me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:21:28 PM by matthew »

Offline Stephanie

• Freebie Table
  • Some velvet morning when I'm straight
    • Visit me here
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2016, 01:56:23 PM »
So since there are no VIP badges this year, is this going to change the way the buying group (groups) for NYCC will be structured?

I'm sad there are no VIP badges too.

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2016, 02:12:20 PM »
So since there are no VIP badges this year, is this going to change the way the buying group (groups) for NYCC will be structured?

I'm sad there are no VIP badges too.

Yes, the buying group will be structured a bit differently to accommodate NYCC's changes for this year! [member=2339]NCDS[/member] and I are working on the details but once the link for the verification profiles open and the badge prices are listed, we will be able to go through it more thoroughly to determine exactly what else needs to be adjusted  :)
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2016, 02:19:27 PM »
This company is the worst.

Those who have supported the con for so long are being penalized because they were being too lazy to do the obvious years ago.

Offline bettiebloodshed

• Gaming Lounge
    • My cosplay page!
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2016, 02:24:37 PM »
This company is the worst.

Those who have supported the con for so long are being penalized because they were being too lazy to do the obvious years ago.

How so? I don't understand the logic here. If you are talking RE UA/SA, VIP and normal badge holders hold the same amount of loyalty. One just pays more than the other (some have been going the same amount of years etc)
Owner of When Nerds Attack .com

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »
now that I am home and have the opportunity to fully post I will

its interesting, this will be my 8th show, started as a reg holder upgraded to VIP based on 2011s show and now do press along with holding a badge.

To be clear up front, I am upset they got rid of the VIP program. I'm not going to say no.

I will say though last year was one of the few years I felt the VIP badge was not worth it. aside from getting onto the floor first and the lounge (which I admit was a help) I'm not sure I felt my badge was worth it. they let the vips into the building later than the regular pass holders, funko tickets were on the regular line, and at least 4 of the 20 panels in the main stage left a lot to be wanting considering 2 were cancelled and programming was not put back in and 2 panels were so empty they did not warrant being on the main stage.

Do I want VIP yes but that is their decision and I don't think they'll be changing it. The thing that upsets me most is this 'fariness' quote since there are still VIP programs for ECCC, C2E2, SWCL, SWCO, Star Trek Missions, BookCon, etc. Until they can say something other than well we are quirky and different shows can be different or the like I feel like they are withholding info 
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2016, 03:04:12 PM »
now that I am home and have the opportunity to fully post I will

its interesting, this will be my 8th show, started as a reg holder upgraded to VIP based on 2011s show and now do press along with holding a badge.

To be clear up front, I am upset they got rid of the VIP program. I'm not going to say no.

I will say though last year was one of the few years I felt the VIP badge was not worth it. aside from getting onto the floor first and the lounge (which I admit was a help) I'm not sure I felt my badge was worth it. they let the vips into the building later than the regular pass holders, funko tickets were on the regular line, and at least 4 of the 20 panels in the main stage left a lot to be wanting considering 2 were cancelled and programming was not put back in and 2 panels were so empty they did not warrant being on the main stage.

Do I want VIP yes but that is their decision and I don't think they'll be changing it. The thing that upsets me most is this 'fariness' quote since there are still VIP programs for ECCC, C2E2, SWCL, SWCO, Star Trek Missions, BookCon, etc. Until they can say something other than well we are quirky and different shows can be different or the like I feel like they are withholding info
Total agree. They took away that extra that SDCC didn't have.

They had every opportunity in the world to make changes for the upcoming con year and decided to do nothing until it escalated to what happen last year.

So, like I said earlier, they are penalizing those that supported them to try to make up for their faults that they are now trying to fix.

Offline matthew

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2016, 03:34:30 PM »
now is the time to take all my old gold passes and take a pic of them, and post underneath: now you can NEVER have what i had.

lol. let the jealous ones be jealous.

Offline halokiti

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2016, 04:46:55 PM »
Last year was the first year I myself had a VIP pass, the previous years I've had a Pro pass and my friend has had a VIP pass or I did the regular line.  I'm annoyed they got rid of VIP now that this con has gotten so huge since it was a big help to get the limited edition items.  I don't know how much extra work it was for them to do the VIP thing since it seemed like they barely put any effort into in the first place, that fairness bit seems like more PR than anything. 

I hope this new system will cut down on the scalping since it has gotten so nuts.