Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Room Sharing Thread  (Read 10429 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
SDCC 2019 Room Sharing Thread
« on: November 28, 2018, 10:32:21 AM »
Welcome to the SDCC 2019 Room Sharing Thread!

It's that time again!

I will open up this thread sometime around the end of this year.

In the meantime, now is good opportunity to familiarize (or re-familiarize) yourself with the room sharing request guidelines in this first post! Isn't that neat?  ;p

-----------------------------------

Kindly follow this format.

Please don't post anywhere else on this site trying to get a roommate for San Diego Comic-Con.  ONLY POST HERE! 

Please post only ONCE in this thread (to be considerate of your fellow forum members and to avoid spamming the thread). 

Duplicate posts will be deleted without notice.  You have been warned.

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION.  PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS THREAD FOR HOTEL EXCHANGES OR OFFERS. 

In an effort to keep things organized and easy to read through, this is for room sharing requests only

Conversations in this thread may be deleted without warning.

Please edit/modify your post if the spaces in your room have been taken.

This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't. 

You can also use the strike-through feature to indicate that your request is closed: [ s]text goes here[/ s]    

Remove the spaces, so it will look like this ==> text goes here

Please note that this thread is for finding roommates for ROOM SHARING ONLY.

This thread is NOT intended for making hotel requests.  It does not replace the hotel exchange in any way, shape, or form.  Please do not post here if you are looking to trade a hotel reservation or get a hotel reservation giveaway.

If you post in this thread, please be aware that this means you are saying that you WANT roommates at whatever hotel you end up with.  Provide details about yourself.  Include the description and preferences!

If you post in this thread, this means that you agree to have other forum members contact you via PM for the possibility of sharing a room together at Comic-Con 2019.

We're doing our best to help keep the forums organized for reading and discussing, but we need your help to do this.

Thank you for your understanding!

IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF REQUEST (Select one):

LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone.)

(or) 

LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: (What is your preferred hotel or area to stay in?)

Days: (Include which days.)

Price Per Night: (For those looking for roommates, YOU NEED TO BE UPFRONT ABOUT THE PRICE IN YOUR POST.  If you want to room share, what is your price range?)

Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)

Spaces: (If you're looking for a room share, how many people do you want to be in your room?  If you're looking for roommates, how many spaces are available in your room?  Don't forget to include yourself.)

Preferences and Description:

Age Preference of Roommates:

Gender Preference of Roommates: (Type in "all-male," "all-female," or "co-ed.")

Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.  I'm a morning person, so I like to wake up early to get ready for the day.  I prefer non-smoking roommates.)

Additional preferences for roommates: (Ex: I prefer someone who is organized and clean.)

NOTE: Do not add your phone number to your post.  To protect our forum members from potential phone scams, phone numbers will be removed without notice.

DISCLAIMER:

The forum administrators and moderators do not vet individuals that post here!  This thread was created with the intention to provide a designated venue that allows interested individuals to initiate contact with each other for the possibility of sharing a hotel room at San Diego Comic-Con.

Please use your best personal judgement and common sense, and as always, please proceed with caution when arranging any agreements (especially with strangers).  Discuss payment details and rooming expectations thoroughly.

Just a quick word about condo shares:

If you book the condo for a good price, you will find people to share the cost. 

Make sure you understand the *total cost.*  This includes taxes and cleaning fees.

You can create a post for condo sharing using the same format as above, but just type "CONDO RENTAL" or "LOOKING FOR CONDO ROOMMATES" at the top, instead of "looking for a room" or "looking for a roommate."  Replace any sections as necessary to describe the condo and explain the pricing costs.

HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE FOR ROOM SHARES OR ROOMMATES

1. Go to the person's post in this thread.

2. Under the profile photo (or avatar), click on the icon that looks like this: or :

3. Fill out the "Subject" box with "Comic-Con Room Sharing."

4. Type in your message to the other person.  Don't forget to discuss details about the room share thoroughly before making agreements!

HOW TO EDIT YOUR POST ON THE FORUMS

1. Click on "Modify" at the top right corner area of your post.

2. Alternatively, you can click on the little paper and pencil icon on the bottom right area of your post.

3. Edit the text as necessary.

4. Click "Save."

5. That's it!  You have successfully edited your post.

(This method works for any of your posts on the forums. ^__~)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
Re: SDCC 2019 Room Sharing Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »
Update: Still looking for a roomshare as of 5-16-2019.
Name: Eternal Zan (female, rhymes with "fan.")

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel:
Anything downtown/ Gaslamp.

Days: Minimum: Tue/Wed/Thur-Mon morning checkout. I am volunteering for setup and may be able to arrive as early as Monday. If your reservation is for a shorter time, that is fine. I don't mind adding an extras on my own separate reservation.

Price Per Night: $100, this is flexible. I understand that some hotels cost more than others.

Smoking/Drinking: No/Yes

Spaces: 6 people maximum.

Preferences and Description:
I would like guaranteed bed space and at least one other woman in the room.  I am a woman. I prefer a co-ed room or all-female room.

Age Preference of Roommates: 18 and up.

Gender Preference of Roommates:
I prefer a co-ed room or all-female room. I am a woman.  I am willing to share a double bed with a fellow female in an all-female or co-ed room.

Include a brief description about yourself: I am an experienced convention attendee. I prefer a "sanctuary room" where people party at the con and use the room primarily for sleeping and costume changes.

Additional preferences for roommates: No smoking or vaping in the room, quiet environment for sleeping at night. Drinking is okay.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:44:28 AM by EternalZan »
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:27:18 AM »

Offline Black_magicat

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:34:28 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE (I want to share a room with someone)   already found a spot! thanks everyone for the response!

Name: liz

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: downtown/gaslamp quarter hotel  preferred but  Hotel circle will be fine too but MUST be on shuttle route no longer than 15/20 min shuttle ride.

Days: minimum check in: wednesday - sun check out, monday check out would be good too.

Price Per Night:  prefer around 150$ but negotiable depending on location and what hotel you have

Smoking/Drinking: no/yes (as long as you know your limits.)

Spaces: 4-5 or less.

Preferences and Description:im okay with sharing a bed(female)or floor spot just need to know in advance

Age Preference of Roommates: 18+ Or minors accompanied by a parent is fine.

Gender Preference of Roommates: prefer all female but co-ed and least 1 other female is fine.

Include a brief description about yourself: i am a veteran con goer, i go to some anime cons, wondercon and SDCC. I am a cosplayer but will only do light to no cosplay for sdcc. I spend most of the time at con, But i do go back and forth to drop things off. Im a morning person for cons.  im usually out the door early and come back
To sleep in the evening (if not camping out). I prefer any partying to be kept outside the room. I will be at wondercon if you would like to meet before sdcc.

Additional preferences for roommates:no smoking , respectful of others property, quiet at night. Clean and organized.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:16:22 PM by Black_magicat »

Offline teppope

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:14:36 AM »

Name: Tep

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Hard Rock

Days: Wednesday - Sunday

Price Per Night: negotiable

Smoking/Drinking: No preference. We don't smoke

Spaces: for me and a friend so 2 spots needed in the room

Preferences and Description: I use a sleeping bag and my friend uses a bed

Age Preference of Roommates:
no preference

Gender Preference of Roommates: none but we are both female

Include a brief description about yourself: We have both been to comic con for several years and usually are only in the room to sleep and shower and house our toys

Additional preferences for roommates:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:40:00 PM by teppope »

Offline ccparka

• Exhibit Hall
    • Vertical Slice Media
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 11:47:43 AM »

UPDATE 05/17: Still have not found a room share, hoping still for a Downtown site, again willing to take a floor space if available.

Name: Chris

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Any Hotels in the Downtown/Gaslamp Area

Days: Wednesday, July 17th thru Monday, July 22nd

Price Per Night: 120/night, really don't want to get over 700 if I can help it.

Smoking/Drinking: I don't mind either, but I won't do either.

Spaces: Doesn't matter to me, willing to take a floor space.

Age Preference of Roommates: No Preferene

Gender Preference of Roommates: No Preference

Include a brief description about yourself: I'm 27, male, I do plan on doing a little cosplay, but otherwise I'm just trying to enjoy my second Con and make it a little nicer for myself by getting into a hotel room instead of a hostel. My priority is a space with A/C, and to store my luggage/swag. I keep things pretty tidy and I'm open to being as involved or as disassociated with you as a roommate, whichever you prefer. I'm coming in as a volunteer to SDCC so chances are I'll be sparsely in the room given everything there is to do.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 06:24:32 AM by ccparka »

Offline dontsh00tmesanta

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 11:04:18 AM »

Name: Daniel

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel:  Hampton Inn Downtown

Days: Wednesday to Sunday

Price Per Night: 1800 or so total.  Wife and I will pay half

Smoking/Drinking: no

Spaces: 1 on 17th, 2 rooms 18-21

Preferences and Description:no preference

Age Preference of Roommates: no preference

Gender Preference of Roommates:  no preference

Include a brief description about yourself: :itll be me and the wife and as you know we won't be in the room for much other than dropping off stuff, resting and sleeping

Additional preferences for roommates: just be trustworthy, maybe we can all have fun together

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:09:07 PM by dontsh00tmesanta »

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 07:59:41 AM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: Sarita

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown preferably or shuttle route.

Days: Tuesday-Sunday

Price Per Night: Up to $200

Smoking/Drinking: No/once in awhile

Spaces: 5

Preferences and Description: Extra bed or cot or floor as long as there is space for me.

Age Preference of Roommates: Over 18

Gender Preference of Roommates: male or female

Include a brief description about yourself: I quiet until (may snore) neat and clean.

Additional preferences for roommates: Prefer quiet at night and no smoking.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:06:00 PM by RighteousRita »

Offline Lavi

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 07:56:24 PM »

Name: Lavinia & Deb

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Downtown area, with a great preference for the closest Hotels to the con site since i have some trouble walking great distance due to a little disability.

Days: Tue-Mon would be perfect, but i take anything i can get.

Price Per Night: Flexible. The usual rates of Hotelpocalypse are ok.

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking. I'm fine with a glass of alcohol.

Spaces: Preference of about 4 people

Preferences and Description: As long everyone is respectful, don't mind male or female

Age Preference of  Roommates: 18 - 81 :)

Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed is fine.

Include a brief description about yourself: Looking for a room for a friend of mine and myself. She's American. I'm a 37 years old italian girl. This will be my 7th and probably last year of SDCC so i would like to both have fun and relax. I'm a cosplayer, but i'll bring just simple stuff, no props at all since bringing them from europe would be tricky. I like to explore the con and the sites around it. Love to walk the Gaslamp area after the con and grab something to eat with friends.
This would also be my 3rd year volunteering at SDCC.
I have a slight disability, as in I might need to rest every once in a while due to M S but i'm pretty ok.

Additional preferences for roommates: I'd love to meet new people that can turn out to be friends. It happened last year. Shared the room with 3 amazing girls and we're still in contact, so will love to find roommates that don't mind to chat after the day's done.

Offline tommygun514

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 02:09:55 PM »
Name: Tom & Chris

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Top 5 Hotel, so Bayfront, MMM, MGH, Omni, Hard Rock. I personally have always wanted to stay at Bayfront or MMM but have never had the chance.

Days: Wed night through Saturday Night.

Price Per Night: Block rate is fine

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking. (Is smoking in hotel rooms even a thing?)

Spaces: 4 to the room max for a regular room

Preferences and Description: I'm not sure we have any?

Age Preference of Roommates: 18 - whatever

Gender Preference of Roommates: co-ed is fine.

Include a brief description about yourself: Looking for a top 5 hotel for myself and my friend. We are SDCC veterans, having gone every year this decade (I think?). Myself (Tom) is a highly collaborative con goer, always trying to make connections with people I meet at the Con. I've done the line camping for Sails Pavilion and even did a Saturday Hall H camp back in 2017. Chris is less collaborative in my experience and hangs out with our other friends a lot at the Con -- I go wherever I need to! I am always willing to help out friends and roommates get what they need at the Con if I can, and I consider my Con "expertise" to be above average. I'd be glad to make new friends and help people out!

Additional preferences for roommates: None?

Offline darkwingotaku

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 01:05:38 AM »
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES

Name: Ed

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Westin San Diego, downtown area

Days: Wednesday-Sunday 7/16-7/21

Price Per Night: If three stay (with one on the floor) your price would be 390 total. If two stay, 587 total.
EDIT: Two spots available

Smoking/Drinking: No

Spaces: Two open spots

Room type: 1 king bed

Age Preference of Roommates: 18+

Gender Preference of Roommates: M / F

Include a brief description about yourself: Just having some fun at this SDCC, my last one was in 2016. I usually don't mind much and sleep somewhat late.

Additional preferences for roommates: Be nice. On some days I will be going out a bit early.

If you are interested please PM me or contact me at my Twitter @Darkwing17EDC

Payment: Deposit of 100 to reserve your spot with remainder due on first night. I can accept payment through Paypal or Venmo. As of 7/16 I can only accept full payment of your share.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:55:49 PM by darkwingotaku »

Offline lauranna

• Exhibit Hall
  • Star Trek vs Star Wars
  • Liked: 34
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »

Name: Lauranna and Karen

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel:  Anything close to the convention center, due to disability. MMM, Hilton Bayfront,, Hilton Gaslamp, Hard Rock Hotel, Manchester Grand Hotel, etc.

Days: Wed-Sunday/Monday

Price Per Night: Equal share divided by 4.

Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No) No/Not in the room

Spaces: 4 to the room max

Preferences and Description: need a bed

Age Preference of Roommates:  18+

Gender Preference of Roommates:  Preferably all female.

Include a brief description about yourself: This will be my 12th year at comic-con and my sister's 5th. My sister and I are not much into cosplay. Mostly autographs and Hall H. Don't smoke or drink.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:57:49 PM by lauranna »

Offline newyearsunrise

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 03:20:47 PM »
LOOKING FOR A ROOM SHARE

Name: Brent H. and Bart C.

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Looking for something downtown -- the closer to the convention center, the better

Days: Arriving Wednesday 7/17, departing Sunday 7/21

Price Per Night: Max of $200 per night ($100 for each of us)

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking. Drinking fine, as long as it's not excessive and/or disruptive.

Spaces: No more than 4 people (including us)

Preferences and Description: bed for one of us, floor for the other

Gender Preference of Roommates: No preference

Include a brief description about yourself: We're both journalists: we'll be onsite to shoot photos, conduct interviews and cover the big announcements in Hall H. Neither of us are loud, we travel fairly light, and we don't need a lot of space -- although a spot at the desk would be helpful for writing up articles or working on photos. We've done SDCC many times -- we generally leave early and get back late, with a quick stop to drop off gear in between, and we always try to be respectful of everyone else's schedules.

Additional preferences for roommates: Just be pleasant, clean (daily showers are a must) and organized.

Offline drjohnflynn

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »

Name: Dr. John Flynn (attending professional)

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel:  Near the Convention Center, the closer the better

Days: Wed thru Sunday

Price Per Night: Open

Smoking/Drinking: I don't drink or smoke

Spaces:  Looking for bed space, ideally no more than 3 or 4 people in the room

Preferences and Description:  Again, I do need bed space

Age Preference of Roommates:  I'm over 50, but I have no preference on age.

Gender Preference of Roommates: I'm male, but I have no preference on gender

Include a brief description about yourself:  I am an attending professional (SFWA and MWA author of 19 books) and cosplayer, so I will be up early and out on the exhibit hall, either signing my books or wearing several costumes.  I cosplay Doctor Strange often at CC.  I am not a late owl, so often back to the room by 9 or 10.  I may do one day in Hall H.  This will be my 18th CC.  I do not drink or smoke or do drugs.  I have a girlfriend at home in Florida, so I won't be bringing anyone back to the room.  I am over 50, and have been in fandom since I was 18.  I do have a bad back, so I must share a bed.  The days of sleeping on the floor have unfortunately long since past.  I have a badge from Wed thru Sun, so likely I will arrive on Wed and depart on Sun.  I have not gotten to the stage of booking my flight.  If you still have room space, please let me know.  Thanks. John

Additional preferences for roommates: I am organized and clean, and prefer to share a room with similar fans.

Offline Lyndaquil

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »

Name: Linda

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: Preferably near downtown

Days: Wednesday - Sunday

Price Per Night: Negotiable (hoping for a room with 4 or more people for lower cost total though!)

Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No): No

Spaces: 4 - 6

Preferences and Description: Mainly looking for a place nearby downtown for the 5 days of comic con. No preference other than that since I'll mainly be in the room at night for rest.

Age Preference of Roommates: No preference.

Gender Preference of Roommates: Co-ed is fine

Include a brief description about yourself: This will be my third time at comic-con. I got badges this year for most of the days, but am volunteering as well (2nd year volunteering). I usually cosplay at other conventions, but not for this one. I won't take up too much space since I won't be cosplaying.

Additional preferences for roommates: No preference, really. I'm easy going and welcoming to making new friends at sdcc :)

Please email me at [email protected] if you'd like to share a room.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 11:25:33 AM by Lyndaquil »

Offline squidward

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 03:50:04 PM »
As of July 7, this room share offer is still available
LOOKING FOR ROOMMATES (I already booked a room and need roommates.)

Name: Michael

Hotel Area/Name of Hotel: The Westgate Hotel. 1055 2nd Ave, San Diego, CA 92101
This is located Northeast of the Spreckels Theater (aka Conan Show) on the other side of Broadway

Days: Tuesday - Monday (6 nights)

Price Per Night: If 1 additional roommate, I am hoping to receive ~$500 total to share the cost, but flexible. If 2 additional roommates, then we split the bill.

Smoking/Drinking: No and No

Spaces: 1-2 spots on the floor or an air mattress. I was only able to get a 1 King room through OnPeak. The room is 400 sq ft and there should be plenty of floor space. My group consists of myself (44 year old father) and my 18 year old daughter. We are planning to share the bed. I am willing to ask about a roll-away and contribute to the extra cost, if it is available. Or we can bring an air mattress and just leave it behind. Target has some for under $50.

Gender Preference of Roommates: Any is fine. LGBTQ is perfectly welcomed.

Include a brief description about yourself: This will be our 5th SDCC. We don't party or drink or smoke. We spend most of the day away from the hotel room and usually back at the room around 10pm. We are clean and respectful.

Additional preferences for roommates: The most important thing is that you are clean and respectful. We usually buy a few things but not too crazy (famous last words). If you need a lot of room for cosplay or purchases, no problem just keep it organized. We usually only get a few hours of sleep at night so being considerate when others are sleeping is important.

Other info:
I would like to have a phone introduction or Skype/Facetime call to speak with you and meet each other.
I would like payment by June 16. That gives me 1 month to find a replacement if you change your mind.
No parties in the room.
Non-smoker is important because I really don't like the smell of smoke.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 04:40:27 PM by squidward »