Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127735 times)

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2020, 04:51:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
tell us how you really feel. LOL
borderline political there ...  ;)

in other news did anyone else see the reports about the Roosevelt in today's NYTimes? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Voldemort’s Reality Distortion Spell made me do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2020, 08:17:48 PM »
I traded paper towels for tomato sauce! I hear another store has some, but I'm doing my best to limit going out, so this worked out great! My friend/neighbor/coworker and my daughter.

I know someone that was visiting her folks every day and she just tested positive for the virus. Now her folks are exposed. Look, stay home. I miss my daughter and friends too. I'm stuck seeing my knucklehead co-workers that go to....and I'm not making this up....."social distancing Easter supper party". Yeah. One of they people in attendance just had a heart attack and had stints put in about a month ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 09:33:53 AM »

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2020, 09:13:01 PM »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2020, 12:52:06 PM »
I find that I don't know what day it is.  It happens a lot.  Today, I thought it was Sunday until I turned on the TV and the news said it's Tuesday.  It is Tuesday right?

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2020, 01:08:03 PM »
I find that I don't know what day it is.  It happens a lot.  Today, I thought it was Sunday until I turned on the TV and the news said it's Tuesday.  It is Tuesday right?

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »

If it weren't for the fact that I'm working from home, I'd be in your boat. Over the weekend I completely mix up days and then time seems be completely all over the place. One day work goes right by, despite my not having tons to do, some times it takes forever. Some times my free time goes to slowly and other times not.

My sense of time and dates are so screwy. Reminds me of when I was in recovery from major surgeries and was house bound for the most part.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2020, 10:05:26 AM »

sandiegopride Please read our full statement at the link in our bio, and then re-share with a message of why Pride is important to you.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2020, 07:07:17 PM »
I left the property today for the first time in about a month.  I didn't go anywhere, I just drove down to Costco and back.  Windows up all the way.  The great news is that there is no longer a line to get into my Costco.  The barricades are still up but there's no line at all.  At some point I might have to make another pharmacy run.

Just as last month, things didn't seem very locked down.  If I didn't know we were locked down, I wouldn't have guessed.  There was still plenty of cars out.  Traffic on the highway seemed the same as any other weekday afternoon.  There were less cars at the shopping centers but they were far from empty.  The local microbrew is still advertising it's late afternoon drink specials.  Groups of teenagers were still being groups of teenagers.

A few people were wearing masks.  About half of them had them on under their chins including the driver of the bus that went by at an intersection.  I hear it doesn't work as well in that position.  90% of people weren't wearing masks.

I need to at least pop my head out and have a look outside the house every couple of days.  Someone used the side of the property as a dump.  That never used to happen in my neighborhood but now it's common to see mattresses or sofas dumped randomly about.  I saw it as I was driving away.  It makes me so mad.

On another note, San Diego is setting high standards for itself.  Today at the daily briefing they compared San Diego to Singapore.  The goal is to match Singapore's success.

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2020, 08:22:28 PM »

A few people were wearing masks.  About half of them had them on under their chins including the driver of the bus that went by at an intersection.  I hear it doesn't work as well in that position.  90% of people weren't wearing masks.

So the thing with the homemade masks (not sure if that's what the bus driver was wearing, though) is that they really don't do anything to keep you from GETTING the virus. What they DO work at is limiting how far the virus will go if the mask-wearer is contagious. So a bus driver wouldn't really need to wear one all the time, only when he is interacting with passengers. And it gets pretty hot and uncomfortable wearing one, so I don't blame him for getting some fresh air during times where the only thing he's infecting is his windshield.

This is also important when it comes to all the people who say they refuse to wear a mask. Again, the mask wearing is meant to protect people FROM the mask wearer. If everyone wore masks, everyone would be more protected because there would be no non-wearers spewing the virus 6 feet. So people who flat out refuse to wear a mask are, knowingly or not, essentially saying that their comfort is more important than the health and safety of the people they come into contact with.

I don't like wearing a mask. I have an aversion to things covering my face. I never pull my bedcovers over my head, because I literally can't. I also hate how they pull on my ears. But I still wear a mask. I'm not going to be the one to infect someone else.

For people like me: I've been putting some peppermint oil under my nose before wearing mine (I have a roll-on one so I don't have to touch my face). It really helps me breathe while I have it on. (Of course, test it out on your arm or something before you put it on your face if you've never used it before, to make sure it doesn't cause skin irritation)

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2020, 10:35:40 PM »
I have a cloth mask that I got from Taiwan last year to help with their smog issues and I could barely wear it when I first tried it on since it was hard to breathe. But once I forced myself to wear it more, I got used it to now and I can probably wear one for at least an hour straight on before taking a break. Surgical masks do seem easier to breathe through but it gets kind of too moist after over 1-2 hrs of wear. I think we all will have to just get used to it at this point. There are some cities now like Fremont that require masks to be worn at all essential businesses. I wouldn't be surprised if more cities start enforcing that too.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2020, 11:41:33 PM »
So the thing with the homemade masks (not sure if that's what the bus driver was wearing, though) is that they really don't do anything to keep you from GETTING the virus. What they DO work at is limiting how far the virus will go if the mask-wearer is contagious. So a bus driver wouldn't really need to wear one all the time, only when he is interacting with passengers. And it gets pretty hot and uncomfortable wearing one, so I don't blame him for getting some fresh air during times where the only thing he's infecting is his windshield.

That's the point of the general public wearing masks home made cloth or P100.  It's to limit spreading covid, not so much to keep from getting it.  If that was the goal then people should wear googles as well.  Since wearing a mask without protecting the eyes is only a half measure.

A bus driver should wear his mask all the time.  Whether there are passengers on board or not.  Since if he's sick he'll be depositing micro droplets all over the bus.  In an enclosed space micro droplets don't disperse and can linger in the air filling up the entire space.  Then anyone who comes on board and touches any surface on the bus will get contaminated.  That 6 foot number they bring up is a rough minimum guideline.  Years ago MIT did an experiment and a sneeze can go 200 feet.  You get used to wearing a mask.  I can wear one 24/7.  I wear one 24/7 when I'm sick so that I don't get other people sick.  In fact, I feel weird not wearing a mask after a few days of wearing one.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:46:08 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2020, 05:52:07 PM »
Fauci finally made an appearance today after being missing in action since last week.  Then he went to the mic and directly contradicted what Trump just said.  Also the CDC director was called up first to fall on his sword for the comments he made yesterday, then he proceeded to restate what he said yesterday.  If we lose any more of the top leadership of scientists working on covid, it will be a disaster.  Trump already "reassigned" the top scientist in charge of the US effort to develop a vaccine.  18-24 months was aspirational if everything went absolutely perfectly.  Dismissing the person in charge of that effort won't help.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #207 on: April 23, 2020, 07:22:51 AM »
Fauci finally made an appearance today after being missing in action since last week.  Then he went to the mic and directly contradicted what Trump just said.  Also the CDC director was called up first to fall on his sword for the comments he made yesterday, then he proceeded to restate what he said yesterday.  If we lose any more of the top leadership of scientists working on covid, it will be a disaster.  Trump already "reassigned" the top scientist in charge of the US effort to develop a vaccine.  18-24 months was aspirational if everything went absolutely perfectly.  Dismissing the person in charge of that effort won't help.

tbh, i've stopped listening to the fed. gov. Way to much needless drama. With all the 'gut following' nothing gets done so in reality, it has no bearing on my life.
I pay attention to the highlights of my Gov's policy and of course my mayor's plans. Thankfully they follow the science.
i guess i've resigned myself to the new normal.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #208 on: April 23, 2020, 07:28:13 AM »
I'm with Alyssa. I only watch Governor Hogan, I don't pay any attention to what Trump says.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #209 on: April 23, 2020, 10:12:28 AM »
At the risk of being obvious to those folks who have a good understanding of the math, (not me) this was interesting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5