Author Topic: Spider-Man No Way Home ***Spoilers***  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Spider-Man No Way Home ***Spoilers***
« on: December 06, 2021, 07:25:01 PM »
Any spoilers that will set off spidey-senses go here.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 06:44:00 PM by Chris »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
Re: Spider-man No Way Home ***Spoilers***
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 09:19:31 PM »
Just watched it and I really enjoyed it!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Spider-Man No Way Home ***Spoilers***
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:31:30 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Spider-man No Way Home ***Spoilers***
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 05:02:39 PM »
Marvel creatives (Kevin Feige and his writing team) _REALLY_ know how to deliver fan service!  I mean, after 20+ films that have been wildly popular, that's not really a bold proclamation, but as we're in the midst of a wave of nostalgia, delivering an engaging story, with character the audience cares about, in a way that both has fun with & respects properties/characters/situations/stories of old is REALLY REALLY DIFFICULT!  We've seen a number of movies that have been hit or miss at best, but NO WAY HOME really does a fantastic job of not only making fans of 7 previous Spidey films happy, but doing so in a way that still is 100% centered on 'current' MCU Tom Holland Peter Parker.

As I've gotten older I've realized the internet is both awesome and a scourge: not only are spoilers rampant, but so are misguidances, misinterpretations of what randos think they saw on a location shoot, or even just flat-out lies.  I'm not going to get into plot details here (maybe later this weekend/next week after more around here have the chance and joy of discovering this film on their own), but I'll say if you're a fan of the MCU you will almost certainly like NO WAY HOME.  While we all know Spidey has to deal with bad guys from past movies/different multi-verses, the writers & actors clearly had a blast: be it revisiting old characters or making light of past situations in a way that is fun and doesn't feel too trite or "cute for cuteness sake."  There's a lot to like for comic fans, and this is oddly the first MCU film in quite awhile that, for me at least, feels like I'm watching a comic book come to life - a comic in a comic universe densely populated, no less.  I know we're only a few years removed from ENDGAME, but that + INFINITY WAR to me felt more like "big huge epic blockbuster movies!" moreso than just a fun "I'm watching a comic book come to life!"  That may seem odd, and I dunno if I can explain that feeling other than the AVENGERS films had such a huge scope and cast, while NO WAY HOME feels a LOT more personal, albeit in a very large 'world' with multi-verse consequences.

Everything on the technical side was good, with composer Michael Giacchino turning in a banger of a score, as usual.  My only personal gripe is there is no The Ramones song here, as there were in both of the other MCU Spidey 'Home' films (though there is a Talking Heads song so I'm not _really_ griping much  :P ).  I'm preaching to the choir when I say go out and see this ASAP before the fun gets spoiled!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 10:29:40 PM »
LOTS of spontaneous applause, tears and laugh out loud moments during the movie

only 1 person left the theatre when the credits started rolling. Folks are learning.....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 01:37:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
LOTS of spontaneous applause, tears and laugh out loud moments during the movie

only 1 person left the theatre when the credits started rolling. Folks are learning.....
I haven't seen a ton of movies since March 13th, 2020.  I hadn't been to a theater since fall 2021, maybe only half a dozen times or so (pre-COVID shut-down I was going maybe 2, sometimes 3 times a week to see movies in a theater).  Seeing NO WAY HOME Friday in a sold-out theater was easily the most fun movie experience since COVID: the most responsive a crowd has been.  The crowd responded in all the right places, and even with rampant internet spoilers (which, IMO, only a minority percentage of movie goers likely knew about) cheered in all the places.  Seeing this was a blast, and a great reminder of why I legit enjoy going to see movies in the theater with a good crowd!  I still had COVID anxiety, as the majority of people around me were maskless throughout the 2.5+ hours of movie & trailers, but generally seeing this in theaters opening day was a lot of fun!

But after the mid-credits scene at least 1/4 of the audience got up and left: maybe 1/3-almost half!  I mean, this is Marvel Studios film _NUMBER 27_!! 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 05:24:51 PM by perc2100 »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 05:11:25 PM »
Just got back from seeing it. As a fan of the Spider-man movie series, I really enjoyed it.

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 06:29:23 PM »
What  a  movie!!  Thank you Sony for agreeing to play nice with Marvel Studios/DISNEY(and share all those billions this movie is about to make).   So many great moments. 
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

And the Multiverse of Madness trailer!! OMG, It looks more of psychedelic trip than the first Dr. Strange.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 07:34:14 PM »
What  a  movie!!  Thank you Sony for agreeing to play nice with Marvel Studios/DISNEY(and share all those billions this movie is about to make).   So many great moments. 

And the Multiverse of Madness trailer!! OMG, It looks more of psychedelic trip than the first Dr. Strange.

I thought that the agreement is Sony gets all the money from their movies and Disney gets all the money from their movies.  Not 100% sure just what I remember reading. 

Either way, Sony got the better end of the deal.

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 01:57:58 AM »
I thought that the agreement is Sony gets all the money from their movies and Disney gets all the money from their movies.  Not 100% sure just what I remember reading. 

Either way, Sony got the better end of the deal.
I believe you are thinking of the old deal which is what nearly ended the relationship between the two studios.  There was a possibility that Spider-Man as part of the MCU might’ve ended. Articles I’ve read online  state that the current deal is 75/25 split on profits from Sony movies. With the 25% going to Disney(and Disney helps with 25% of production costs).

Sent from my ???? using

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 11:23:43 AM »
I believe you are thinking of the old deal which is what nearly ended the relationship between the two studios.  There was a possibility that Spider-Man as part of the MCU might’ve ended. Articles I’ve read online  state that the current deal is 75/25 split on profits from Sony movies. With the 25% going to Disney(and Disney helps with 25% of production costs).

Sent from my ???? using

Oh that could be.  I admit I don't keep up on their legal agreements.  I did wonder if the ending of this film meant he was out of the MCU for the next three movies.  It's really a perfect out.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 01:11:07 PM »

They did make up after the split.  All is well in the MCU.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2021, 05:32:59 PM »
Saw this again Tuesday with the fam; and the vast majority of the theater left BEFORE EVEN THE MID-CREDITS SCENE!  I was all "this is the 27th Marvel Studios film, with all BUT ONE including at least one extra credits scene; WTF is wrong with you people?!?!?!"  :P :P

(also the crowd was MUCH more sedate/lame this time around).

I appreciate that even with all the spoilers/internet being right about a lot of the reveals, Feigi et al still had some tricks up their sleeve (
)

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2021, 04:39:09 PM »
I LOVE this movie! I am seeing it again tomorrow (viewing #4) and next week (viewing #5).
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC