Author Topic: NYCC Programming and Panels  (Read 32168 times)

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
NYCC Programming and Panels
« on: June 19, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login should be the link for the Panels once announced - TBU in case it isn't

Discuss the panels your looking forward to.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:14:38 AM by Chris Chen »
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: Programming and Panels
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:39:44 AM »
I have my fingers crossed for Thor, especially after talking to people from ReedPOP at C2E2.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: NYCC Programming and Panels
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:22:18 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 01:24:08 PM »
"The organizers of New York Comic Con announced on Friday that the event will host a screening of the Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo film on Friday, October 11." 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 18
Re: Programming and Panels
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »
I have my fingers crossed for Thor, especially after talking to people from ReedPOP at C2E2.

Ditto! Would truly make NYCC amazing!

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
Following the SDCC coverage from NYC. They just had Tom dressed as Loki (which was awesome) and showed of some footage. Not really a big Thor 2 panel. So I'm more hopeful they will have one for NYCC, with more of the cast. (Maybe a screening of the full movie too?) .I know there are plans for D23. But that's not comic con. Also is Chris Hemsworth, still filiming his movie "Cyber" in Hong Kong?

Sony has had a panel at NYCC for the past two years. In 2011, they brought Ghost Rider 2, which came in out February and needed good buzz. So I them expect to have big panel for Robocop, since that film is coming in Feb and needs more traction. Amazing Spider-Man less likely to have big panel, because it might get take away too much attention. But maybe we'll get some Rhino footage.

WB and Legendary had small panels last year. From how big their presentation was at SDCC, this year, I'm not expecting too much at NYCC. Although, since the Hobbit was not SDCC, I'm thinking we might see some footage. Legendary will probably push Seventh Son again, since it's coming in January and needs traction badly. But I'm hoping Gareth Edwards shows up with Godzilla. Much like Del Toro brought Pacific Rim trailer, last NYCC.

Some other films I think have good chance of being NYCC:

TMNT movie- Not at SDCC, needs more traction and good buzz

Ender's Game- Needs more traction and good buzz and it coming out in November.

47 Ronin - We haven't anything about the film in months, and it's coming out in December.

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »
I am praying for a Thor 2 panel. As much as I would LOVE to have been at SDCC with Tom dressed as Loki, I know I would have been in the been at the back of the room of 6000+ people (as I was not going to camp out without confirmation of these kind of guests). Avengers 2 was announced, but I am mainly in it for Loki/Tom. I just like those bad boys. Hoping so since I know that Chris and Tom have been guests if NYCC before, and it is closer to the release.

I actually do hope Robocop is there so I can protest how awful it will be. TMNT looks really bad. But I agree about Ender's Game. I have no idea what it is about.

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 11:54:24 PM »
Godzilla Encounter might be coming to NYCC. Check out the video, from the staff at San Diego:

Da Vinci Demons may also be at NYCC. According to Io9:

"And meanwhile, Goyer said his TV show Da Vinci's Demons is filming its second season, and you might see some stuff at New York Comic-Con."

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 12:38:50 AM by NYRider »

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 08:52:37 AM »
Godzilla would be cool since I missed it
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 06:59:11 AM »
Community website Wikia is collaborating with artists Yos**taka Amano (Final Fantasy game series, Vampire Hunter D), Kazuo Koike (Lone Wolf and Cub, Crying Freeman, Lady Snowblood), Takashi Okazaki (Afro Samurai), and Sin'Ichi Hiromoto (Hells Angels, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, STONe) on the "The Masters of Animanga: A Wikia Collaborative Writing Project." MAPPA producer and MADHOUSE co-founder Masao Maruyama (Ninja Scroll, Claymore, Trigun) and Hiroaki Ikegami (publicity producer Space Battleship Yamato 2199) will oversee the project.

On September 3, users will be invited to Wikia to submit one paragraph each to the collaborative story project. Following each submission, a new user will have the opportunity to add to the story. Over the course of three weeks, the project will develop three different stories around the themes "vampire," "samurai," and "girls." Users can also upload fanart to accompany the stories as they develop, and the Masters will offer feedback on the submissions.

The creators will upload videos on to Wikia up to the launch date offering tips and tricks of the trade. The project will conclude on September 27 with a final wrap-up panel to be hosted at New York Comic Con in October. Amano was a guest at New York Comic Con last year.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login**taka-amano-kazuo-koike-collaborate-on-wikia-user-writing-project
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 01:50:45 AM »
From Entertainment Weekly:

"Music and fashion mogul Russell Simmons says he has  October’s New York Comic-Con circled on his calendar for the first big reveal of The Harlem Shadow, a new animated online superhero series that will be set in the Jazz Age and features hip-hop star Common in the title voice role.

The series is an adaptation of the indie small-press series of the same name from RavenHammer Comics and the creative team of Brian Williams and Christian Colbert. (That version of the hero is shown in the poster image above.) After the Javitts Center debut, some early content will be online by year’s end at All Def Digital, the YouTube channel from Simmons and Brian Robbins of Awesomeness TV."

Read more here:

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 05:10:51 AM »
Set to launch at New York Comic-Con this October, upcoming comic series 13 Coins headed out to San Diego last month with a fantastic trailer to showcase what will soon be landing on the shelves in a few months’ time.
Penned by Martin Brennan and Michael B. Jackson, the writers behind the acclaimed video game Hitman: Absolution, the series features artwork from Simon Bisley (Lobo) and Ben Templesmith (30 Days of Night). And if the trailer out of Comic-Con is anything to judge by, then this is definitely one to look forward to for fans of the medium a little later this year.
From the screenwriters of Hitman: Absolution (Martin Brennan & Michael B Jackson), and acclaimed artists Simon Bisley, and Ben Templesmith, comes the story of a new superhero… The story of John Pozner, a tormented ex-con on a quest for vengeance, when he discovers that he is descended from angels, and is the living key to Earth’s future, or Heaven’s fall.
And after watching the impressive animated trailer below, you can head over to Like the comic on Facebook to be in with a chance of winning a hand-crafted sculpture by Hector Arce, inspired by Bisley’s artwork.

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »
Nerd HQ at NYCC?

"When talking to the Huffington Post recently, Levi said his next big plan is to have The Nerd Machine set up Nerd headquarters at New York Comic-Con (which is happening in mid-October of this year).'

See more at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is from Huffington Post interview:

"We are definitely talking about very seriously doing a Nerd HQ at New York Comic Con. That would be the next stop on Nerd HQ tour. Conversations for a Cause are the real big thing for us and the big draw. It’s very important for me that wherever we do Nerd HQ, we’re able to have celebrities that fans are really excited about seeing, and are feeling like they’re getting a really special gift, and the celebrities feel like they’re able to give a special gift and you’re able to sell out those panels and the people who couldn’t make it can live stream and watch it at home like always.

We’ve been very blessed in that San Diego Comic Con, all the stars are there. I mean stars literally aligned, and so we do benefit greatly from the gathering that happens in San Diego. Other conventions don’t necessarily get that same roster and so, in order to get the caliber of talent that people would really be pining after, you have to fly them in and put them up and work their schedules out and that’s a lot of money. That’s a lot of money that we would then not get to put towards the charity, and if we could get it sponsored, if that could all be worked out in sponsorship dollars, then I’m all for it. But until we can figure out exactly how to do that, San Diego seems to be the easiest and most logical place to do what we do. New York right after that. New York is great because there are a lot of celebrities that just live there. So they’re not necessarily going to New York Comic Con, but we could reach out to them and say, ‘Hey, we’ll send a car. We want you to come and do a conversation for us.’ It’s not necessarily a San Diego Comic Con panel as much as it’s an opportunity for people to really get a more intimate experience with a cast. It’s a really intimate, off the cuff discussion where good stuff is talked about that you maybe would not get from a typically moderated panel."

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:35:26 PM by NYRider »

Offline NYRider

• Supporter
  • Hall H
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »
Anime news:

"North American manga and anime publisher Viz Media announced at its panel at Otakon on Saturday that it will release the Ranma ½ television anime series on Blu-ray Disc and DVD. The release will mark the first time the series will get a release on Blu-ray Disc in North America. The show will also debut this fall on Neon Alley, and will also stream on VizAnime.com. Additionally, Viz Media will host special Ranma ½ programming at New York Comic Con in October. "

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
NYCC Panels
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 02:48:41 PM »
It sounds like people are starting to get more information about their approved panels:

@NY_Comic_Con attendees! Join us for @TheMarySue Presents Representation In Geek Media - Saturday, October 12 - 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM

and I know a friend is having his "Cosplay but can't sew" panel on Friday from 1:45-2:45.

Offline zammap

• Exhibit Hall
    • www.zammap.com
  • Liked: 3
Re: NYCC Panels
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »
A person I was following who looks at the physiological side of cosplay had their (and their friend's cosplay) panel rejected.
Eep.
I was gonna be a potential speaker lol