Author Topic: 2013 NYCC Tickets  (Read 36831 times)

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
Re: NYCC Tickets
« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But isn't there only one day left now?

Yes, true. More likely, they are just trying sellout Thursday tickets. A big Marvel or studio panel, would most likely occur on Saturday.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2013, 11:03:19 AM »
That's what I was thinking. I just don't see Thursday selling out.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: 2013 NYCC Tickets
« Reply #272 on: Today at 05:55:06 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #272 on: September 10, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »
I think the fact that so many tickets were sold out so early that they could begin the mailing earlier was a contributing factor. That and I have a feeling they want to reduce the number of people picking up tickets at the con itself to an absolute minimum
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
I think the fact that so many tickets were sold out so early that they could begin the mailing earlier was a contributing factor. That and I have a feeling they want to reduce the number of people picking up tickets at the con itself to an absolute minimum

I believe this too.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #274 on: September 10, 2013, 06:49:15 PM »
Looks like I'm finally in the process of getting new tickets sent to me!
I am *very* glad to hear your case is moving forward! 

I too agree with mllNY-  anything to avoid a long ticket pick up line-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline @briansteez

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 123
« Reply #275 on: September 11, 2013, 10:14:05 AM »
Hey gang. Here is the story on the Thursday tickets and the mailing deadline extension. Because of how quickly tickets sold this year we were able to start shipping tickets out ahead of schedule. Due to increased sales we were also able to ship the majority of all the ticket orders with our first mailing. This gave us the opportunity to be able to ship more tickets and was the reason why we were able to extend the ticket mailing deadline. We also wanted people to see the full panel schedule and have the chance to still buy a ticket to Thursday if they wanted to come to the show. That is why the extended deadline will be on the same day that we release the panel information. We actually were extremely close to selling out of Thursday tickets last weekend. We made the decision to make more thursday tickets available so that more fans could come to the show. With tickets selling out so early this year there were lots of fans that weren't able to get a ticket. Adding tickets allows more fans an opportunity to come to the show. Thursday was the only day that we could add tickets due to capacity at the Javits. Thursday will still have a far smaller crowd than any other day of NYCC. There will be more people in the building on Thursday than there have been in previous years but it will still be a much smaller crowd than any other day of the con. I anticipate that we will still sellout of Thursday tickets before the show but we wanted to at least let people have the opportunity to enjoy the show. The hope is that coming to NYCC on Thursday is WAY better than not being able to come at all. Sorry for the long explanation.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #276 on: September 12, 2013, 07:51:42 AM »
Very nice to have the capacity over head to increase ticket sales for thursday!!  Honestly, that's the day i tend to enjoy the most, everyone's fresh & there's space to get my stuff signed<grin>

I'm glad the mailing is working out so that there's not going to be a big line to pick up badges and more folks get to come on Thursday.  *that is* wonderful

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5