Author Topic: Wired Cafe 2018  (Read 4341 times)

Offline GusGus23462

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 108
Re: Wired Cafe 2018
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 07:20:09 PM »
Oh snap. Good to know. I signed up everyone in my group, but I was the only one who got the confirmation email!

As someone who has never been to this before, what’s this lounge like? Based on previous years obviously!

Online dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 07:41:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When I signed up I was the only one who got an email, the other people on the form didn't. I contacted them and they said it was ok and they would just be comparing names against a list. I presume they will check id?

But, I didn't get any confirmation email after RSVPing.  For whoever sent an email to confirm, where did you send it?

I finally tracked someone down and Wired and they confirmed I and my guest are on the list.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:13:44 AM by dkd »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:10:48 PM »

Online dkd

• Hall H
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2018, 07:44:25 PM »
Oh snap. Good to know. I signed up everyone in my group, but I was the only one who got the confirmation email!

As someone who has never been to this before, what’s this lounge like? Based on previous years obviously!

It's on the pool level, but separate from the pool.  There are a few bars and a central area where they bring out the food.  Around the perimeter are several sponsor installations and a separate VIP area.

Offline Durnrobits

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 10:31:09 PM »
Hi, I got my confirmation email and will be going, along with my friends, for the first time this year. One of our group is coming after everyone on Saturday, will he have a problem getting in if we don't all check in at the same time?

Also my confirmation email only has my name on it even though I have admission for more than one person on the email. Is this normal?

Also, if I remember correctly they do wristbands? Or am I mistaken?

Thanks!

Online dkd

• Hall H
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 03:41:43 AM »
Hi, I got my confirmation email and will be going, along with my friends, for the first time this year. One of our group is coming after everyone on Saturday, will he have a problem getting in if we don't all check in at the same time?

Also my confirmation email only has my name on it even though I have admission for more than one person on the email. Is this normal?

Also, if I remember correctly they do wristbands? Or am I mistaken?

Thanks!

As I recall, when you initially arrive, each person has to go up to a person on a tablet or computer who checks names against the invitation list.  I believe my guest's name was checked by a different person.  I don't recall if they check the names against identification.  But, there's a good chance they check identification for age because of the free drinking at the venue, particularly if you look young.  Once confirmed, each person gets a wristband.  When returning to the venue, I think the wristband is sufficient for entry.  But, the process can always change.

One thing I do recall from last year is that there can be a rather long line waiting to get in initially, due to the check in process, and, sometimes later, due to the room reaching capacity.

Offline Badwolf30

• Sails Pavilion
  • I always have gum.
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 07:06:16 AM »
I'd love to get on this list as well.  If anyone has a +1 they are not using, please PM me!

Offline Durnrobits

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 08:30:12 AM »
As I recall, when you initially arrive, each person has to go up to a person on a tablet or computer who checks names against the invitation list.  I believe my guest's name was checked by a different person.  I don't recall if they check the names against identification.  But, there's a good chance they check identification for age because of the free drinking at the venue, particularly if you look young.  Once confirmed, each person gets a wristband.  When returning to the venue, I think the wristband is sufficient for entry.  But, the process can always change.

One thing I do recall from last year is that there can be a rather long line waiting to get in initially, due to the check in process, and, sometimes later, due to the room reaching capacity.

Thanks!

Offline Danielww2000

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2018, 04:14:21 PM »
I would love to go to the wired event.

Updating to Trade I have..
1 Mondo party ticket Thursday MONDO, FALSE IDOL, AND PLANTATION RUM PRESENT - CON-TIKI MUG PARTY!
Neopets tickets (gone)
2 Daron and Adam's 2nd annual Super Awesome Boba Meetup. Saturday 11am to Noon. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
School of Dragson Comic Con VIP party (gone)
6 Dignital LA Comic Cocktails
2 Greg Miller from Kinda Funny Meetup tix You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
1 Fast Pass for Mr. Mercedes Thursday 10am to 6pm or Friday 10am to 6pm (You pick, I'll use the other one) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1 extra for TeamCocoHouse Vir Da Stand-Up Wed at 7pm (I'll be attending as well)
2 Ready Player One Challenge (2 though I can attend if its just one) Thursday 1:10pm You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:32:08 AM by Danielww2000 »