Author Topic: SD Locals: random meet ups- gatherings and general merriment  (Read 686 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
This is not a meet up thread nor will events be managed ie reservations etc- I am not that organized LOL
however- i figured it might be nice to see if other locals are attending any event in SD or the area.

For example, I will be attending Nerd Nite SD on Aug 6th. anyone else going? it's 10 bucks and usually has 3 interesting speakers- so far this one is confirmed;
Brains on games! Or games on brains?
Announcing our next Nerd Nite speaker (Aug 6th): Jake Sones! He's not just your regular geek. With 20-year experience in the field, he knows exactly how game developers shape our behavior through game design.

"Game Designers Are Experimenting On Your Brain.

I’ll talk about the psychology of game design and shed some light on specific behaviorist and cognitive methodologies that are used to influence and motivate players. Additionally, I'll touch on how resulting data is gathered and why some aspects of game development are shockingly similar to research science."

Jake's bio:
Jake Sones is a native San Diegan who has been working in the games industry since 1999. He has done design work on franchises, such as EverQuest, Ratchet & Clank, and Diablo. Since forming Shovelware Games in 2014, he has launched 2 mobile games and consulted for PlayStation, Psyonix, Squanch Games, and Sega. He likes sour beers and despises writing in the third person.
Stalk his work here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

tickets haven't gone on sale yet & are usually $10 - it's at 32 north brewing at 8655 Production Ave, Ste A
San Diego, California

tagging locals so they can put this thread on their notification list
[member=13]Car_Low[/member] [member=4905]mattytreks[/member] [member=5419]Aaron[/member] [member=1617]Miss Kitty[/member] [member=1655]susanml10881[/member] @chocolateshake @perc2100 [member=2226]Mel[/member]

Just to be clear everyone is invited if you're in town ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
Re: SD Locals: random meet ups- gatherings and general merriment
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »
another speaker for the Nerdnite gathering on the 6th

Visual Storyteller · 20 hrs · San Diego
Let’s face it, we all love booze. We all know that feeling when we had too much, well... or not enough!  But besides making other people look attractive, alcohol may also permanently alter your brain. Our third speaker this August, Ksenija Marinkovic, talks to Nerd Nite San Diego about boozy brains. But don’t worry, she’ll be probably enjoying a pint or two herself!

Brains 'n booze

Alcohol is a widely consumed social lubricant. We use imaging to examine where and when alcohol intoxication changes brain activity, how it interferes with making decisions, and why it leads to poor self-control. And what about binge drinking? How does the brain adapt to being plastered? Can we detect these neuroadaptive changes and could they be used to find out how much is too much?

Ksenija Marinkovic, Ph.D., is a cognitive neurophysiologist who uses multimodal imaging to examine decision making, language, emotions, effects of alcohol, fibromyalgia, and autism.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons