Author Topic: Lockdown: What-cha-doing?  (Read 2771 times)

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
Re: Lockdown: What-cha-doing?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2020, 05:15:07 PM »
Every week since the quarantine started, two of my favorite musicians play shows online - Ben Gibbard from Death Cab for Cutie is on Thursday nights, and Ben Folds is on Saturday nights. They take requests, and it's pretty fun. Yesterday Ben Gibbard played a whole album because it's the 20th anniversary of it. For the first two weeks, he did a show every night. It definitely breaks up the week for me.

I've also been working 10-12 hour days this week, so that isn't fun at all.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 09:53:04 AM »
I've gotten into Chinese dramas so I've mostly been bingeing those.

My job is essential but we can only do maybe 15% of our job remotely, so there isn't enough work to split between us. Working remotely usually involves me having my work email open and watching TV.

But we do still have someone on site three days a week to handle the other 85% (which is, to be fair, significantly reduced because no one else is there). We have to rotate who's on site and only three of us are comfortable going in. Next week it's me.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:59:51 AM »

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »
So after a third weekend of cleaning, I have something resembling a decent living space. I’ve been coughing and sneezing up a storm due to all the dust being kicked up. I’ve had to empty the vacuum cleaner multiple times.

Now I know why people hire maids.

Other than that, I’ve been running more. I usually average 50-52 miles a week, but last three weeks I’ve been running 60-62 miles, partially because I have more time (especially with no commute) and partially to make up for the lack of walking that I normally do in and around the office. If I had to guess, I log two miles of walking over the course of a normal work day, but I hardly move when at home. Hence the added running.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 07:19:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So after a third weekend of cleaning, I have something resembling a decent living space. I’ve been coughing and sneezing up a storm due to all the dust being kicked up. I’ve had to empty the vacuum cleaner multiple times.

Now I know why people hire maids.

Other than that, I’ve been running more. I usually average 50-52 miles a week, but last three weeks I’ve been running 60-62 miles, partially because I have more time (especially with no commute) and partially to make up for the lack of walking that I normally do in and around the office. If I had to guess, I log two miles of walking over the course of a normal work day, but I hardly move when at home. Hence the added running.
You run 60+ miles a week??? That's like 8+ miles a day!  Damn I can barely do 5 miles every 3rd!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »
You run 60+ miles a week??? That's like 8+ miles a day!  Damn I can barely do 5 miles every 3rd!

Yeah, I'm a little obsessive about running. It's the main reason I have my username... I tend to go faster the longer I run. I find it sometimes helps to split up a run. Both yesterday and today, I split up my runs into 6 miles before my 10:30am daily meeting, and 6 miles after. Also, as I mentioned, I don't normally run this much, but being stuck at home, and having no daily commute, I have a lot more time on my hands. On a yearly basis, I probably average around 40-44 miles/week. That's including a couple of rest weeks here and there (I consider SDCC a rest week).

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2020, 03:58:49 PM »
Holy crap!  I'm envious!

I been shooting some something like 12 miles *a week*!  Only cause I've never run before and have been training since December.  I'm trying to stretch the heck out of my legs but I get sidelined occasionally by something (like today I wanted to run but behind my knee's is being a royal pain) but more often than not it's good to get out.  Especially of late.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 03:55:50 PM »
I've gotten into Chinese dramas so I've mostly been bingeing those.

My job is essential but we can only do maybe 15% of our job remotely, so there isn't enough work to split between us. Working remotely usually involves me having my work email open and watching TV.

But we do still have someone on site three days a week to handle the other 85% (which is, to be fair, significantly reduced because no one else is there). We have to rotate who's on site and only three of us are comfortable going in. Next week it's me.
Which ones are you watching? My friends are obsessed with The Untamed, but it's so many episodes! It sure is pretty though (and pretty good, from what I've heard)

Ang