Author Topic: Today, would YOU go to SDCC? **If you change your mind, u can change your VOTE**  (Read 26606 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
It’s on their Facebook pages.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
Okay, it’s about time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
There’s a con taking place in Missouri in 2 weeks.  Masks not required, they said they won’t be able to maintain 6 foot distance, and all attendees have to sign a waiver.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There’s a con taking place in Missouri in 2 weeks.  Masks not required, they said they won’t be able to maintain 6 foot distance, and all attendees have to sign a waiver.
That is insane!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
I wonder how these waivers will hold up in court when people get sick and die.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Ooof just logged on facebook and saw that Cape Con was still on.  The guy that runs it was the owner of the LCS when I first got into the hobby.  Supper nice guy....but kind of not surprised he would be trying to do this.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I wonder how these waivers will hold up in court when people get sick and die.

The issue with lawsuits can be more about legal fees as opposed to losing in court.  I'm no lawyer, but if an issue gets to court, it would be difficult to prove where you got the virus.  The organization running that con may have crunched the numbers, and figured they could handle it.

I live in a condo complex with a pool.  I was in on the debate on whether or not to open the pool.  On the legal issue, one side was not concerned about a lawsuit, because we'd most likely win.  The reason against opening centered around the legal fees we would incur in defending against a lawsuit.  Those fees would likely result in a significant increase in common charges.  Aside from all the additional standards we'd have to put in place, one of the major deal breakers was the possible cost to the association in defending against a lawsuit.  We decided against opening our pool.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:53:12 PM by sessionka »
Phasers on Stun!!!