Author Topic: Comic-Con Museum, Center for Popular Culture  (Read 78053 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Comic-Con Museum, Center for Popular Culture
« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2020, 01:39:18 PM »
i got in ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2020, 01:35:26 PM »
The next virtual coffee sign up is tomorrow.  They've expanded attendance to 200 from 100.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #242 on: Today at 03:36:15 AM »

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2020, 07:08:52 PM »
Hot dog! A weekday night! That is 100% better for me! I'm in like Flynn

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2020, 07:18:51 PM »
Did you sign up?  We found something out today, the demand for these is more than 100 people but less than 200.  When it was limited to 100, it would sell out in minutes.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2020, 12:37:25 PM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2020, 12:18:14 PM »
I watched their virtual preview/tour of the Museum this morning.  It was fun, though I think I maybe wasn't the target audience: or at least I already knew almost everything that was discussed.  I think we're still a little too far out to show off finalized floor plans or talk about upcoming exhibits/plans but it was a nice presentation.  I sincerely appreciate CCI engaging their fans/members.  They did answer plenty of questions, took and read suggestions that attendees had, etc. and I feel like anyone that actively participated was engaged.
If you're a member and signed up, it's a fun, laidback presentation with incredibly enthusiastic hosts/moderators.  It really made me 1) excited for the museum to open 2) miss no 2020 SDCCI (but excited for virtual At Home 2020 SDCCI)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:58 PM »
Reading this thread and seeing posts about the virtual tours of the museum, I was always curious about one thing...

Who are the moderators, or who does the actual virtual tour? The museum director? David Glanzer of CCI's Marketing team? Other CCI museum employees? Ha ha. XD
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2020, 07:17:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Reading this thread and seeing posts about the virtual tours of the museum, I was always curious about one thing...

Who are the moderators, or who does the actual virtual tour? The museum director? David Glanzer of CCI's Marketing team? Other CCI museum employees? Ha ha. XD
It was two fairly young adults: I didn't catch their job titles.  They went back-and-forth between presenting a pseudo-power point presentation w/some video while also 'riffing' about comments from virtual attendees, presenting some mostly harmless/goofy poll questions (ex: who would score higher on SAT between Bruce Banner or Tony Stark).

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2020, 08:58:41 PM »
It was two fairly young adults: I didn't catch their job titles.

As far as a member is concerned, Emma and Davey are the comic-con Museum.  They've been there since it started.  If you ever have any issues as a member, not getting your premium or wanting to upgrade tiers, Emma is who will help you.  Davey does a lot of stuff like run the booth at comic-con as well as the projector at the Museum events.  Between the two, pretty much all your interactions will go through them.  You'll see them taking care of things at all the events.

The Museum is pretty separate from CCI.  Although it doesn't seem as separate as it once did.  I don't think that Glanzer would be party to it.  The old director, Adam, used to be around a lot.  You'd see him all the time.  But he's gone now.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 09:03:13 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2020, 11:12:52 AM »
As far as a member is concerned, Emma and Davey are the comic-con Museum.  They've been there since it started.  If you ever have any issues as a member, not getting your premium or wanting to upgrade tiers, Emma is who will help you.  Davey does a lot of stuff like run the booth at comic-con as well as the projector at the Museum events.  Between the two, pretty much all your interactions will go through them.  You'll see them taking care of things at all the events.
That's for clarifying: they both seem great at member-relations type stuff.  I saw I have an email this am from Emma that seems like a 'post-mortem' for the virtual tour event: follow-up is always a good sign of customer service!  As a member I totally feel in good hands!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2020, 08:32:57 PM »
comicconmuseum A new program on the history of James Bond is coming to the Comic-Con Museum@Home collection this Thursday! Join us for an hour-long discussion with Mark A. Altman and Edward Gross, the authors of the new book, Nobody Does It Better: The Complete, Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of James Bond. We know you have one, who is your favorite actor to say, "Bond... James Bond"? Head to the link in our bio to access Comic-Con Museum@Home content

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2020, 10:48:41 AM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2020, 10:21:55 PM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2020, 05:57:40 PM »
Members check your email.  There's an online event tomorrow night.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2020, 05:05:39 PM »
comicconmuseum Our first Special Edition Fun Book is available now on the Comic-Con website and we're setting the tone for a thriving week of Comic-Con@Home, courtesy of Kaiser Permanente! We're kicking things off with health and wellness inspired activities like daily stretches, a fruit & veggie pathfinder, plus Instagram stories to keep you on a healthy track! Head to our website (link in bio) to check out all of our activities and stay tuned for all the new Fun Book themes!