Author Topic: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?  (Read 129193 times)

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
  • Liked: 83
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Any kinda safe exercise can help so u not get winded or feel gotta take a break alot and able to handle walking at anytime through out the day. there are variety areas and places u can sit, chat and grab some eats if not have any with u at time. even slow job is good to where it kinda like fast walking in a way and the more u walk or jog over time u wont mind walking or jogging cause u pace ur breathing and feel better with the fresh air u get around u if not around areas that got u sucking in crap in ways. but being at the con is really not alot of running it more like alot of walking at times cause for safety u cant run inside just fast walking if not in area the gets clogged cause people stop and dont move when told to at time. but there are times staff be around and if see it slow too much they will say to move to side so traffic keeps flowing like the blod in ur veins when nothing stops it from flowing right. that one thing about a job i had last year , it gave u some power to make everyone move at anytime if on the clock. but had to deal with it when not working lol cause had staff around to help at anytime.
Definitely agree [member=6880]cabler30[/member] about not needing to run at the Con! I am hoping that improving my running before SDCC will help me not feel exhausted at the end of the day! :)
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
Definitely agree [member=6880]cabler30[/member] about not needing to run at the Con! I am hoping that improving my running before SDCC will help me not feel exhausted at the end of the day! :)

Even if u get used to walking alot, u can still find ways to grab a break somewhere or sit down for a few and relax to soak in the atmosphere and recharge as u snack on something and gear up for ur next destination or event u wanna check out at anytime. i do alot walking and know i can go for a time since shoes i got have some bounce in the heal and comfy to where i not gotta sit down alot for a break. but then again i dont feel i need every swag , exclusive or anything else i see unless i want it bad enough at time. i just know from last year i got and collected alot one or 2 days to where shoulder was kinda sore so made sure not to grab too much the next day and cut back and relax more at anytime before and after a job i do ea day.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
I joined Weight Watchers today! Well a few days ago but I started today. :)

Does anyone else use WW? How do you like it?
I did that for awhile several years ago and it worked well.  I'm a planner, so the meticulousness of tracking food intake worked pretty well for me.  I think I only dropped it because money was tight at the time and it was an 'easy' thing to cut back on.  I naively thought "I've been doing this for a year or so & I can track my meals myself (spoiler: that didn't work out so well).
For whatever reason I've not come back to weight watchers but maybe that will be my next step after I feel more comfortable w/the kickboxing program and I'm looking to kick it up to the next level.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
I learned that there have been so many different diets that everyone tries, but not all go right for everyone. do research and ask a doc or others who can advice like free consultation that u can note any tips and if not gotta pay for the help just make sure to thank them for the tips or advice at time so they know their help was not wasted. i learned less sugar is good, fiber filled u faster, and moderation besides gotta give up somethings sometimes to by loose any weight at anytime.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
I did that for awhile several years ago and it worked well.  I'm a planner, so the meticulousness of tracking food intake worked pretty well for me.  I think I only dropped it because money was tight at the time and it was an 'easy' thing to cut back on.  I naively thought "I've been doing this for a year or so & I can track my meals myself (spoiler: that didn't work out so well).
For whatever reason I've not come back to weight watchers but maybe that will be my next step after I feel more comfortable w/the kickboxing program and I'm looking to kick it up to the next level.
I read about an app called iTrackBites. It seems like it's similar to WW. The app is $1.99 for Android. There are in app purchases, but I read those aren't really necessary. I looked into it, but still decided to go with WW (I am wondering if iTrackBites might go away for legal reasons-it has been around a few years without apparent issues, but you never know.)

I am not promoting the app-I have not used it, only looked into it online.
Ang

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
I read about an app called iTrackBites. It seems like it's similar to WW. The app is $1.99 for Android. There are in app purchases, but I read those aren't really necessary. I looked into it, but still decided to go with WW (I am wondering if iTrackBites might go away for legal reasons-it has been around a few years without apparent issues, but you never know.)

I am not promoting the app-I have not used it, only looked into it online.

i was on ww - and did well with it however the $20/month is steep- I had thought once i reached my goal weight i'd be able to use the app for free. That is not the case- the free lifetime offer is only open to folks who go to the meetings & do on site weight in's

I have gained 5 lbs since christmas- and still reach for the WW app to track. /sigh/ I intend to try other free/one time payment apps.

I'll look into that one [member=364]Angology[/member] I may also look into these; You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
i was on ww - and did well with it however the $20/month is steep- I had thought once i reached my goal weight i'd be able to use the app for free. That is not the case- the free lifetime offer is only open to folks who go to the meetings & do on site weight in's

I have gained 5 lbs since christmas- and still reach for the WW app to track. /sigh/ I intend to try other free/one time payment apps.

I'll look into that one [member=364]Angology[/member] I may also look into these; You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've heard good things about My Fitness Pal. They seem to have a really extensive food database.
Ang

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
I've heard good things about My Fitness Pal. They seem to have a really extensive food database.
that is one that i'm going to take a hard look at- I just need a little kick in the pants so they will fit again LOL /see what i did there?/

Just getting back from vaka, dealing with the work & home tedium plus the new laptop is having window's issues /too many up dates at once + installing Norton-- i am my own worst enemy sometimes/
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Kmd2103

• Gaming Lounge
  • I don't like...I obsess
  • Liked: 83
I have used My Fitness Pal before and found it easy to use!! Personally, I have found the carbs are my biggest culprit, so I have the most success when I cut back on them. There are some decent faux-carb recipes that I have found for when I need a fix!
SDCC 2013-2018 #gameofthrones #netflixoriginals #sherlocked

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
Anyone try Orange Theory?   I am thinking about trying it to get fit for con.   I'm a bit worried because I found out I'm being laid off in 6 weeks but I think $15  a class is reasonable.  Just you have to buy 4 for that month.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
I love all the classes at 24 Hour Fitness. Yoga, BodyPump, BodyAttack, Zumba Strong, and Pop Pilates. I also have been skiing a lot this winter. 9 days already. I have 150K vertical feet at Keystone alone. I will be able to ski until June, hopefully.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
that's great! anything outdoors this time of year is worthy of a 'good job' LOL  ;)  We're predicted to get close to a foot today.. and i'm at work :(

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
We're predicted to get close to a foot today.. and i'm at work :(

I heard they're getting 15 inches at Keystone (my favorite resort) and I'm stuck at work, too!

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Anyone try Orange Theory?   I am thinking about trying it to get fit for con.   I'm a bit worried because I found out I'm being laid off in 6 weeks but I think $15  a class is reasonable.  Just you have to buy 4 for that month.

I have some friends that go there and they love it, cost wise I think there's a heart monitor you have to buy as well.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
I have some friends that go there and they love it, cost wise I think there's a heart monitor you have to buy as well.

Thanks!   I think I will try it.  Always a catch isn't there.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion