Author Topic: Pro Registration, 2012 (is closed)  (Read 14863 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Pro Registration, 2012 (is closed)
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:46:26 AM »
The wait continues for Pro-Registration to open up.
Please join us in checking these sites... :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
eta5.4.12, this link is requiring authentication....a good sign that we're a step closer!

this is the pdf for 2011 information on Pros

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:19:12 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: CCI 2012 Pro Registration
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:49:34 AM »
The pros really need to get their registration done! Supposedly it was to be done by the end of April... but today's the lsat day for that! They need to get it done before the hotel refund deadline passes.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Pro Registration, 2012 (is closed)
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:20:01 AM »

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »
It will most likely happen this week.  CCI is swamped this year with all the work that needs to be done.  Plus you add in the new system scares a lot of people making them take CCI's time up to answer questions.  With luck this will be the last year that things change this much for a while.  If nothing else CCI asks for more then 6 months lead up for their convention planing its only fair that we would get time too.

stick it out all you Pros out there your time will be soon and you can join us in drooling about SDCC
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »
I'm not really sure why CCI is 'swamped'. They've known all this was coming since last July. What were they doing from August through February? I understand the delay with regular badges while they were waiting for people to register their Member IDs, but they could have done Pro registration back then.

It seems like the only thing that's been 'on time' this year is the hotel sale. Unfortunately, it has left the pros biting their fingernails. These are the people who create the things we come to see. IMHO they deserve better treatment than CCI has given them.

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:34:04 PM »
I dont have half has much faith in the "Pros" as you do, at least when it comes to contributing to SDCC.  Maybe i have just meet the wrong ones but the ones i have talked to dont do anything work related while at SDCC.  Its just a free ticket for having a connection to the industry.  Not trying to deminish what they may be doing outside SDCC but i rarely see the time used for work related contacts.

I have sadly strayed from the topic and will now return

As to what they were doing, keep in mind they run two other conventions.  Contracts do not auto renew themselves either (at least not if you want to get good rates). I would also like to think that the staff has been working on testing the new system. 126K get to go but there must be over half a million of us trying. Even if everyone only sent one piece of mail gets sent to them it would take ages for a staff of 20-30 (the building they work in year around is small) to answer them all.
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
  • Comedian, Comic Book Writer, Fashionisto
    • My Links
  • Liked: 53
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
You just met the wrong ones.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »
Whether or not they're working/networking at the show, the pros are the ones who create all of the stuff we enjoy.I'm not a pro and likely will never be, but I respect the contributions they have made. JMHO.

Yes, CCI has 2 other shows, but it seems to me that they had plenty of time to arrange things, and didn't have to wait to do it all last minute. And maybe I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that they've hired temporary staff to deal with all of the emails they receive.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 02:41:54 PM »
Even for any convention--not just SDCCI--there are many factors to taking care of the details of registration for the various types of badges, in addition to renewing the contracts used for each year.  It may not be "last-minute" as so much as "ironing out the full details" before the professional badges are available.  Either way, all we can do right now is wait and be on the look-out for any information that is released to the public (to help out our fellow con-goers trying to get Pro badges, as Alyssa has mentioned in the first post).

-----------------------------------------------
Forum Housekeeping:
Renamed the thread to include "CCI 2012" (since I'm certain we'll be all around next year). ^_~

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »
You're right about that, Zero! That's why this site has been so helpful! With all of these changes adn delays, it's good to have a place to find quick, up to the minute information.  :)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 03:13:30 PM »
The hotel refund date has been updated by CCI on the Hotel page (likely due to pro reg not having opened yet)

-Hotel reservation deposits are fully refundable until May 11, 2012.
-For cancellations from May 12 to June 1, 2012, a cancellation fee equal to one night’s room and tax will be charged. The cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »
I thought it was always May 11? I know I looked it up a couple of days ago and that's what it said. I agree, tey have to get pro reg done before that date.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 04:04:23 PM »
I thought it was always May 11? I know I looked it up a couple of days ago and that's what it said. I agree, tey have to get pro reg done before that date.

It had been 5/4. Not sure when it was updated but it was brought to our attention today so we're just getting it posted in all the relevant places.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »
at first it was may 4th-  the hotel info was copy/pasted here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

this is a good real life example of why i encourage people to post the actual verbiage and not just a link.  The organization  can change the link, they can't change the post here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:43:28 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »
Good point, Alyssa!

Also, after this year's Con is over, sometimes the information disappears. It will be good to have it here when planning for next year.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »
Yes, that was the original idea behind this forum, that i'd be a good place to store information.  Threw all the changes I have insisted it maintain that functionality.  There have been too many times when i've reached for information & found it had moved or changed.

Back to Pro badges, the hope is that they'll go live by the end of the week.  They are aware of the hotel dead line-

eta; "We're working on pro reg and expect it to open soon. Sorry for the delay, we really are working our buns off to get it open. Thanks for everyone's patience, we know it can be frustrating."
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:32:18 AM by alyssa »