Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127778 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #825 on: March 09, 2021, 08:54:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How does this work? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
basically go & just wait? for a no show
i can wait in line with the best of them ;)
Yeah, they went in mid-afternoon for the husband's appointment and apparently on that day that had already had enough cancelations or no-shows that she didn't even have to wait long for the vaccination.  This was at a CVS Pharmacy: they had a separate check-in process for appointments & wait-list (there was someone behind me at 5ish pm on Friday who was a wait-list person, and she got her shot right after I did).
There's a place in Carlsbad as well that I had heard about a few weeks ago, before teachers went live that had an all-day wait kind of thing for waitlist/waiting for extra at the end of the day.  From what I was told, it felt like a Comic-Con esque wait, with folks in folding chairs, some w/pop-up type tents, etc: from, like, 7am-5pmish.  I personally wasn't interested in that, oddly: I guess if they said there would be exclusive Marvel footage _then_ maybe I'd be into it?  :P

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #826 on: March 09, 2021, 09:31:45 AM »
One of my San Diego (teaches in Poway, lives in Vista) friends did that too. Her mother in law (already vaccinated bc she's over 65) waited in line at a CVS for about 5 hours while the friend was teaching online, then when my friend was done she rushed over and waited the last hour or two herself. She said it was still easier/faster than going through the County.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #827 on: Today at 12:09:46 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #827 on: March 09, 2021, 09:37:08 AM »
Yeah, they went in mid-afternoon for the husband's appointment and apparently on that day that had already had enough cancelations or no-shows that she didn't even have to wait long for the vaccination.  This was at a CVS Pharmacy: they had a separate check-in process for appointments & wait-list (there was someone behind me at 5ish pm on Friday who was a wait-list person, and she got her shot right after I did).
There's a place in Carlsbad as well that I had heard about a few weeks ago, before teachers went live that had an all-day wait kind of thing for waitlist/waiting for extra at the end of the day.  From what I was told, it felt like a Comic-Con esque wait, with folks in folding chairs, some w/pop-up type tents, etc: from, like, 7am-5pmish.  I personally wasn't interested in that, oddly: I guess if they said there would be exclusive Marvel footage _then_ maybe I'd be into it?  :P
thx,
i'm going to visit a cvs in mission valley & check it out. I'll report back.
id rather have the 2 dose type, but i'll take anything at this point. I'm considering not flying back east at the end of the month due to covid

the Doc is not able to request putting me into the pre-existing tier.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 09:39:29 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #828 on: March 09, 2021, 10:33:40 AM »

They do that at Petco too.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #829 on: March 09, 2021, 10:32:48 PM »
Thanks for the update; I'm trying to keep track of as many stories as possible to try to gauge if I'll need to worry about taking a day or two off of work after my second dose.  I seem fine after the first (just a mildly sore arm), but from anecdotal evidence if feels close to 50/50 I'll have moderate side effects.  I know one person who said their effects from the 2nd dose were WORSE than when they actually got COVID-19!

I recommend taking a day off after your 2nd dose just in case you do have symptoms. I wrote about mine earlier. It was about a 24 hour process. If you can't take a day off, I'd try to get the jab very early in the morning so that hopefully by the next morning, you'll be fine to work.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #830 on: March 10, 2021, 06:52:21 AM »
Thanks for the update; I'm trying to keep track of as many stories as possible to try to gauge if I'll need to worry about taking a day or two off of work after my second dose.  I seem fine after the first (just a mildly sore arm), but from anecdotal evidence if feels close to 50/50 I'll have moderate side effects.  I know one person who said their effects from the 2nd dose were WORSE than when they actually got COVID-19!

Second shot yesterday morning. First one: sore arm. Second one: sore arm soon after; fever and chills started last night. Fever went up overnight. Headache this morning. I feel sick.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:54:56 AM by puppy »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #831 on: March 10, 2021, 07:48:55 AM »
Second shot yesterday morning. First one: sore arm. Second one: sore arm soon after; fever and chills started last night. Fever went up overnight. Headache this morning. I feel sick.

Hopefully it will be over soon!  I had a similar experience after the second dose and felt better by the end of the day after.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #832 on: March 10, 2021, 07:50:49 AM »
So a friend of my on-laws didn't disclose she wasn't feeling well when she got the 2nd dose, turns out she had covid and is now in hospice.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #833 on: March 10, 2021, 07:51:32 AM »
My work is offering paid day off the following day of getting the shot. So that's nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #834 on: March 10, 2021, 10:13:19 AM »
My work is offering paid day off the following day of getting the shot. So that's nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That's awesome!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #835 on: March 10, 2021, 02:50:22 PM »
i was finally approved to do volunteer work for petco &  have signed up for a shift on Sunday. i guess at that point i'll see what the hoops will be to get a jab.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #836 on: March 10, 2021, 07:03:30 PM »
Grandma got her 2nd dose at Petco today.  I was worried about the weather but it turned out to be a non-event even with the lightning and thunder advisory.  Petco feels like it's spinning down.  It was pretty empty.  There was little or no waiting.  Some of the open check in lines didn't have any cars to check in.  The only wait we had was after check in to get directed into a chute.  That wait was only a couple of minutes at most.  They only do second doses now.  They are also only vaccinating at half capacity so that they can stay open everyday instead of shutting down some days due to vaccine shortages.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #837 on: March 10, 2021, 11:09:28 PM »
A friend read that you can call up some pharmacies like CVS, etc. right after lunch and see if they have any extras for the day.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #838 on: March 11, 2021, 05:23:25 PM »
Biden to direct states to make all adults eligible for vaccines by May 1! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #839 on: March 11, 2021, 05:58:23 PM »
There's at least one town in Arizona that has already done that.  Not enough people were coming in to get vaccinated so they lowered the criteria to 18 and over, no other requirement.

Grandma is over 24 hours since her 2nd dose.  No side effects at all.  Not even redness or soreness at the injection site.