Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Ace Parking Discussion Thread  (Read 40824 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: SDCC 2018 Ace Parking Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2018, 05:43:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When will Ace Parking post the list of lots participating in the lottery?

It's actually already been posted on their website.  Hope this helps!  ^__^d

Q: What are the operating hours for the lots?
A: Most lots will open for drive up business at the times below, however, there may be cases when the lots open for permit holders only and do not open for drive up sales until later in the morning. Each lot is different and works to maintain a balance between the reserved spaces and extra inventory.

-Convention Center, Hilton Bayfront garage, Padres Parkade, Diamond View Towers: 5am — 2am
-Tailgate Park, Triangle, MTS: 5am — 2am
-707 Broadway: 4pm on Friday until 6am on Saturday. Saturday 6am — 12am and Sunday 6am — 6pm. No overnight camping.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline cire_raeb

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2018, 05:53:26 PM »
It's actually already been posted on their website.  Hope this helps!  ^__^d

Seriously,  I don’t see it. I am referring to the list with over 10 lots, not a mere mention of the three most popular ones.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 02:58:36 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 05:54:40 PM »
Seriously,  I don’t see it. I am referring to the list with over 10 lots, not a mere mention of the three most popular ones.

Just in case you missed it.  This is the list below once again, as mentioned on their website.

A: Most lots will open for drive up business at the times below, however, there may be cases when the lots open for permit holders only and do not open for drive up sales until later in the morning. Each lot is different and works to maintain a balance between the reserved spaces and extra inventory.

-Convention Center, Hilton Bayfront garage, Padres Parkade, Diamond View Towers: 5am — 2am
-707 Broadway: 4pm on Friday until 6am on Saturday. Saturday 6am — 12am and Sunday 6am — 6pm. No overnight camping.

Forum Housekeeping:

For easier reference and quick FAQ answers on Ace Parking's Comic-Con parking permits, I have added [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member]'s quoted post (as linked here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) to the first post of this thread.

^__~
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 05:58:10 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2018, 06:22:15 PM »
When will Ace Parking post the list of lots participating in the lottery?

Just in case you missed it.  This is the list below once again, as mentioned on their website.

Forum Housekeeping:

For easier reference and quick FAQ answers on Ace Parking's Comic-Con parking permits, I have added [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member]'s quoted post (as linked here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) to the first post of this thread.

^__~

I think every year Ace gives that list of the same 8 sites on their website...

Convention Center

Hilton Bayfront garage

Padres Parkade

Diamond View Towers

Tailgate Park

Triangle

MTS

707 Broadway

and update a full location and price list about 4-5 days before registration closes!

From  [member=2163]AzT[/member] post 2017 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login on April 20. 2017

2017 price list

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:25:07 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2018, 07:47:51 PM »

Forum Housekeeping:

^__~

I think every year Ace gives that list of the same 8 sites on their website...

and update a full location and price list about 4-5 days before registration closes!

From  [member=2163]AzT[/member] post 2017 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login on April 20. 2017

2017 price list

Certainly indeed, [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member].  Thanks for tracking that post down for us! 

It's also good to note that pricing may change for this year, so for those of you watching this thread, please be aware that the pricing from 2017, as mentioned in Sam's post, may not be accurate for 2018.  We'll all have to stay tuned for more details from Ace as it gets closer to the lottery draw.

Offline cciveg

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2018, 12:12:48 PM »
Yes, it seems like prices have gone up about $5 a day. But still a good price.

Offline joey125

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 26
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2018, 06:38:10 AM »
Hi there.

This will be our 12th year at SDCC. In the past we've always had a hotel, but I'm not sure that's going to work out this year. I've signed up a few times using different emails and credit cards, but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on lots. Easy in/out? Obviously close is nice, but if something is easier to get into/our of, I don't mind the walk.

Thank you for any suggestions!   
🔥 bad. 🌳 pretty.

Offline Brian.A

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 41
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2018, 08:04:25 AM »
Hi there.

This will be our 12th year at SDCC. In the past we've always had a hotel, but I'm not sure that's going to work out this year. I've signed up a few times using different emails and credit cards, but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on lots. Easy in/out? Obviously close is nice, but if something is easier to get into/our of, I don't mind the walk.

Thank you for any suggestions!

We have parked in the Hilton lot for the past few years. It’s my favorite lot. It’s the closest aside from the convention center, and traffic is never too bad going in. If you leave right when the floor closes you’ll probably wait a little while to get out of the structure but it’s not too bad.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »
If all else fails, park blocks away or even more and just Lyft/Uber. It's way cheaper

Offline Applescruff

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2018, 08:35:21 AM »
We have parked in the Hilton lot for the past few years. It’s my favorite lot. It’s the closest aside from the convention center, and traffic is never too bad going in. If you leave right when the floor closes you’ll probably wait a little while to get out of the structure but it’s not too bad.
Yeah, I like the Hilton lot too.  The only problem I've found is that if you arrive later in the morning , it's difficult to find a spot.  You can spend valuable time driving around and around trying to find a spot.  Usually have to stalk someone leaving. But it's great proximity to the convention center!

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2018, 06:21:26 PM »
Yeah, I like the Hilton lot too.  The only problem I've found is that if you arrive later in the morning , it's difficult to find a spot.  You can spend valuable time driving around and around trying to find a spot.  Usually have to stalk someone leaving. But it's great proximity to the convention center!

That’s why I prefer the convention center.  I can arrive late in the morning and still find parking.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline joey125

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 26
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »
That’s why I prefer the convention center.  I can arrive late in the morning and still find parking.

thanks for sharing all this info. if we are forced to stay outside and drive in is it easy to get into the convention center from harbor drive?

🔥 bad. 🌳 pretty.

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »
Happy they are linking the lotto to credit card numbers..

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »
Also like the Uber Idea.. might uber from LaJolla..

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
If all else fails, park blocks away or even more and just Lyft/Uber. It's way cheaper

On that note for a similar idea. You can consider airport, secure parking structures that are quite cheap if you're not staying overnight OR even overnight (say if you need two cars but your hotel only lets you get one spot). Use that and then lyft/uber/taxi over to the con/your hotel. One of my group did that once. It was like $15/nightly, not sure what a day rate would be.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.