Author Topic: San Diego Comic Fest: March 7-10, 2019 at Four Points by Sheraton  (Read 3863 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: San Diego Comic Fest: March 7-10, 2019 at Four Points by Sheraton
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 11:41:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

sdcomicfest Earlier today people started talking about the Spider-Man comics in Mexico. The death of Gwen Stacy wasn't the most popular choice so the stories kept her alive for 45 issues. San Diego Comic Fest is going to dive deeper into that that history as we present International Superhero Comics. Join us for this fascinating look at superhero comics from all over the world presented by Globo Comico International Comics.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »
sdcomicfest Here is your first look at the 2019 San Diego Comic Fest shirt by Scott Shaw. These will be available exclusively at the show from March 7-10. Thank you so much to the talented creators who put together this great celebration of the Lunar Landing.
Pencils/Inks/Art Direction by Scott Shaw
Letters by Dan Nakrosis
Colors and Production Work by @daxschaffer

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »
Our 7th Comic Fest blasts off March 7-10! See our lineup and schedule here... - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

sdcomicfest Spotlight on Joe Phillips

Friday, Mar 8, 2019 1:00PM (Palm B)

Joe Phillips is an artist who has worked in and about comics for over 30 years. He spent his career drawing superheroes, cheesecake pinups, self-publishing books and even released his own set of tarot cards. Sit back and enjoy all things Joe, past, present, and future. Moderated by Chairman Matt Dunford.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 11:44:36 AM »
sdcomicfest Sonic fans, Scott Shaw just debuted his latest art piece and you can get it at San Diego Comic Fest.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 03:38:09 PM »
8)

sdcomicfest Tomorrow is the big day. Are you ready for an unforgettable weekend with Sergio?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 10:12:21 PM »
I spent all day at Comic Fest today.  I'm digging the small back to roots con vibe.  While it might not have movie stars, it has comic arts stars.  Including the artist who made the 40 years of comic-con cover art poster that comic-con handed out the other day.  I don't know Comic Fest etiquette.  Would it be rude to ask him to autograph it?  I saw that some people did ask for autographs at the end of panels, but not as many as I thought would have if it was common.  I'm not big on getting autographs but tomorrow would be the day to do it.  3 of my favorite authors of all time are having a panel.  I've even thought about digging out a book or two for them to sign.  But all my real paper books are deep in storage and there's no way I could dig them out tonight.  I really should look at schedules more than a day in advance.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 10:41:27 PM »
Do it!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 07:28:39 AM »
Yes, Comic Fest is the time. They will all spend time with you and talk to you and sign. It's so laid back and wonderful that way

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2019, 12:23:21 PM »
sdcomicfest #JackieEstrada enjoying one of her favorite beverages in the Exhibitor Room at #SDComicFest. Jackie has comics, T-shirts and drawings from Supernatural Law and Jackie's books as well. Glad to see you here, Jackie!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 12:07:34 AM »
Do it!!

I did it!!!!  I even woke up early, dug through storage and found a book for one of my favorite authors to sign.  I wished I could have gotten a book for each one to sign but I already tweaked my back a little getting that one.  27 gallon storage bins filled with books are heavy.

I was on a mission so I got the my first signature early.  I did it the old fashion way and asked at the end of the panel.  He couldn't have been nicer about it.  He did punk me a little and I totally fell for it.  But it was all in good nature fun.

Then I realized why only a few people asked at the end of a panel.  There was no need.  Every single person I wanted a signature from had a signing.  At the end of the panel they would say where they would be at a certain time.  They invited people to bring anything they wanted signed or just to stop by for a chat.  Super cool.  I wished I had brought my copy of Logan's run for Bill Nolan to sign.  I've been thinking about getting rid of the rest of my paper books.  Instead I'm going to dig through them for copies of anything I want signed and set them aside for next year's Comic Fest.

Sergio signed my comic con poster.  It's the coolest autograph ever since he does a little drawing too.  Way cool.

Another day at Comic Fest and another great day.  I'm a Comic Fest convert.  I will definitely be back next year.  It's awesome.  I even bought something during the auction.  I regret not getting the original Little Rascals poster.  I'm not good at auctions since by the time I decide I want something, it's over.  Having gone to elementary school in San Diego, Little Rascals has a fond place in my heart.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 12:09:30 AM »

He had such a great costume on today.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 03:31:00 AM »
I did it!!!!  I even woke up early, dug through storage and found a book for one of my favorite authors to sign.  I wished I could have gotten a book for each one to sign but I already tweaked my back a little getting that one.  27 gallon storage bins filled with books are heavy.

I was on a mission so I got the my first signature early.  I did it the old fashion way and asked at the end of the panel.  He couldn't have been nicer about it.  He did punk me a little and I totally fell for it.  But it was all in good nature fun.

Then I realized why only a few people asked at the end of a panel.  There was no need.  Every single person I wanted a signature from had a signing.  At the end of the panel they would say where they would be at a certain time.  They invited people to bring anything they wanted signed or just to stop by for a chat.  Super cool.  I wished I had brought my copy of Logan's run for Bill Nolan to sign.  I've been thinking about getting rid of the rest of my paper books.  Instead I'm going to dig through them for copies of anything I want signed and set them aside for next year's Comic Fest.

Sergio signed my comic con poster.  It's the coolest autograph ever since he does a little drawing too.  Way cool.

Another day at Comic Fest and another great day.  I'm a Comic Fest convert.  I will definitely be back next year.  It's awesome.  I even bought something during the auction.  I regret not getting the original Little Rascals poster.  I'm not good at auctions since by the time I decide I want something, it's over.  Having gone to elementary school in San Diego, Little Rascals has a fond place in my heart.
i was at the auction too. Lots of bargains to be had :)  That second mindcraft plush collection was tempting ;)
are u going to the auction on sunday?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 12:48:54 AM »
i was at the auction too. Lots of bargains to be had :)  That second mindcraft plush collection was tempting ;)
are u going to the auction on sunday?

I couldn't make it today.  Did you go to the auction?  I'm curious how much things like the lander, the Jetsons car and the moon went for.  I would have love to have any of those but the reality is I have no place to put them.  I don't think they would last very long sitting in the backyard.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »
sdcomicfest Now that the moondust has cleared and we have taken a moment to unwind, we want to thank everyone for another amazing San Diego Comic Fest.

Every attendee, every vendor, every Special Guest, the creators in Artist Alley and all of the volunteers who came together to make this event possible. From the early morning until late at night, the fans were having fun at the programs, browsing the exhibitor hall and meeting legendary comic creators.

The programming spanned across comics, animation, film, science and science fiction. Creators filled the room to take part in art workshops. Everyone had a chance to embrace their inner fan and make new friends.

We can't thank all of you enough for this incredible weekend. We are looking forward to seeing all of you at the 2020 San Diego Comic Fest