Author Topic: AMC A-List closing for the duration  (Read 794 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
AMC A-List closing for the duration
« on: March 18, 2020, 02:54:11 PM »
i just got this email-
can't even go to the movies  :(

As you likely know, AMC was ever so disappointed for our moviegoers and employee teams to have to announce the temporary closure of all our theatres nationwide in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines regarding the coronavirus pandemic. We expect this situation could unfortunately last for at least 6‑12 weeks.

We greatly value our AMC Stubs® members and recognize that you will not be able to use your membership at this time. AMC is taking the following actions to ensure that you get full value from your relationship with us:

•  All AMC Stubs A‑List member accounts have been automatically paused while our theatres remain closed. There will be no A‑List billing or payments while our theatres are closed. So, you will not be charged at this time. Your A‑List membership benefits will be automatically reinstated after governmental guidelines allow for our theatres to re‑open, and we will communicate with you in advance of reactivating your membership.

•  AMC Stubs Premiere memberships that were scheduled to expire while theatres are closed will be extended for the amount of time that we are closed.

•  AMC Stubs points and rewards that were set to expire while theatres are closed will receive an extension for the amount of time that we are closed. This extension includes birthday rewards as well.

No action is required of you at this time. We will notify you as soon as guidelines allow for our theatres to re‑open, so you can get back to doing what you enjoy ‑ watching movies at AMC!

In the meantime, since we know you love movies, especially while our theatres are closed, please check out AMC Theatres On Demand for digital movie rentals and purchases. For more information, please refer to our website or mobile app.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
Re: AMC A-List closing for the duration
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 02:56:36 PM »
I will be interested to see how they handle it when it goes back up.  They just charged me for my month this past Sunday.  I want my full month!!! 

So many good films were lined up, I am bummed to have to wait. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 03:33:39 PM by NCDS »
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:33:24 AM »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 03:09:56 PM »
The movie theatres in LA all closed as of Monday anyway, so I'm glad I can keep the A-List membership without paying the fee while I can't use it.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 07:59:28 AM »
I got in 2 movies last weekend. Not surprisingly, it was a ghost town. Didn’t see any additional precautions or cleaning (as they announced) while there, so I think this is the best move.

Super bummed at the slate of titles that will now be postponed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 12:52:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i just got this email-
can't even go to the movies  :(
While this kinda bums me out, I'm get it.  Luckily this is a relative 'dead' time for film release anyway (often late Jan-early April is when studios dump the contractually-obligated-to-release-in-theaters bad movies).  That practice has been shifting in the last decade or so, but still not a ton of high quality stuff.

I almost went to see THE HUNT last weekend, but I got a ton of texts from a friend of mine up in L.A. who almost certainly has COVID-19 (but still can't get a test, since he a) doesn't know for sure who gave it to them and thus can't state definitively he got the virus from someone who tested positive, and b) hasn't been to a "hot zone" country, enough though USA is quickly becoming a hot zone country): he tested negative for every other flu.  He described what his days/progression was like and it kinda scared the hell outta me and I'm 100% fine becoming a shut-in for the duration and missing movies.
Studios releasing stuff VOD right now will help (the movie I wanted to see feels like a goofy-fun satire).  And I now theaters are typically the absolute least clean public business out there, so I'm good.  Last movie I saw in theaters I literally chewed out a guy who didn't wash his hands after coming out of a stall!

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 03:45:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
While this kinda bums me out, I'm get it.  Luckily this is a relative 'dead' time for film release anyway (often late Jan-early April is when studios dump the contractually-obligated-to-release-in-theaters bad movies).  That practice has been shifting in the last decade or so, but still not a ton of high quality stuff.

I almost went to see THE HUNT last weekend, but I got a ton of texts from a friend of mine up in L.A. who almost certainly has COVID-19 (but still can't get a test, since he a) doesn't know for sure who gave it to them and thus can't state definitively he got the virus from someone who tested positive, and b) hasn't been to a "hot zone" country, enough though USA is quickly becoming a hot zone country): he tested negative for every other flu.  He described what his days/progression was like and it kinda scared the hell outta me and I'm 100% fine becoming a shut-in for the duration and missing movies.
Studios releasing stuff VOD right now will help (the movie I wanted to see feels like a goofy-fun satire).  And I now theaters are typically the absolute least clean public business out there, so I'm good.  Last movie I saw in theaters I literally chewed out a guy who didn't wash his hands after coming out of a stall!
I saw The HUNT last weekend. It was entertaining. There was definitely more political  themes and jabs at both the conservative and liberal parties than I was expecting, but I found the humor fun since the movie didn’t take sides. It was all about turning the political stereotypes on their head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer