Author Topic: CCI 2012 Hotel Sale Date and Pricing  (Read 40551 times)

Offline Chris Hagish

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 71
CCI 2012 Hotel Sale Date and Pricing
« on: February 08, 2012, 11:51:50 AM »
The date for CCI to sell hotel rooms was mentioned twice in passing in the CCI annual mag.  The date is March 29th at 9am PST.   

Pricing updates will be added as we get more info or can link to CCIs main page.

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login pages 6 and 48
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:23:03 PM by Zero »
"Two months of build up, One week of bliss, Two months of afterglow, Eight months of withdrawal"
-Chris Hagish

Offline chari910

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: CCI Hotel Sale Date and Pricing
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:02:01 AM »
These are non-refundable too, correct?

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Hotel Sale Date and Pricing
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:52:27 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 07:47:15 AM »
i think they are refundable-  there's a schedual for refund so you can't cancell just befoer the con & get all your cash back but if you do it by their time sched. then yes. you should be able too. 
the specifics will should come out prior to the hotel sale on the 29th
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »
Not to confuse anyone but the hotel release through Travel Planners is refundable if you cancel by certain dates. You typically get email reminders when you can get a full refund, when you can get a partial refund and when you can no longer get a refund.  Keep in mind that last year they only asked for 1 day deposit and you won't get fully charged until your stay is complete.

There is a new post on the CCI page today with hotel offers a bit further out that is NON REFUNDABLE. Do NOT book if you do not currently have a badge for 2012.  The deals are actually not too bad but again, only for those that are 100% for sure going.

Comic-Con Early Bird Hotel Sale
 If you know you will be attending Comic-Con and want to save money AND get your room in advance of everyone else; here's your chance! A limited number of hotel rooms will be made available in the Mission Valley area and they will also offer special incentives for those who book early.
 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login​cci_hotel.php
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jamie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 11:21:48 AM »
With the Early Bird Hotels Sale, Comic Con states,

"The courtesy shuttle will be available at these hotels beginning Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 3:00pm and will operate until 10:00pm Wednesday night. The shuttle starts back up on Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 7:00am and will begin 24-hour service until Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 7:00pm helping fans enjoy every hour of Comic-Con and the night time fun."

I already have a hotel booked (that is not one of these) but it is within walking distance to one, so would I be able to use this shuttle if I have a badge and walked to one of these hotels? Or is it for these hotel guests only?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »
they dont check ID or anything for the shuttles. im sure CCI pays them and not the hotels so you should be fine.

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:47:14 AM »
With the Early Bird Hotels Sale, Comic Con states,

"The courtesy shuttle will be available at these hotels beginning Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 3:00pm and will operate until 10:00pm Wednesday night. The shuttle starts back up on Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 7:00am and will begin 24-hour service until Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 7:00pm helping fans enjoy every hour of Comic-Con and the night time fun."

I already have a hotel booked (that is not one of these) but it is within walking distance to one, so would I be able to use this shuttle if I have a badge and walked to one of these hotels? Or is it for these hotel guests only?

I think it's awesome that they are doing shuttle service 24/7 this year.

Offline AnnaD

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 08:24:13 AM »
Last year's policy for Travel Planners

Hotel Cancellation Policy:
All reservations require a one night room and tax deposit within 5 business days to avoid automatic cancellation of this reservation. This deposit is fully refundable for cancellations processed by May 10, 2011. A $100.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from the deposit for reservations that are canceled between May 11, 2011 through June 8, 2011. The deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE for any reservation canceled on June 9, 2011 or later. Departures prior to the departure date confirmed by the hotel at check-in may result in additional fees.

Travel Planners Cancellation Policy
For your reservation(s) to be considered canceled, you must obtain a cancellation number from either Travel Planners or your hotel for each canceled room. We advise you to cancel your reservation online or directly with our call center to acquire a cancellation number immediately. If you request your cancellation via email, fax or voicemail please be sure to allow time for processing.

Are there penalties for late cancellations?
If your reservation is not canceled by the timeframe in the Hotel Cancellation Policy you will be charged the amount mentioned in the policy (if any).

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 08:40:36 PM »
Do you think they will be including parking at the hotel, in the package when registration opens?

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 04:29:06 AM »
Do you think they will be including parking at the hotel, in the package when registration opens?

The cost of parking won't be included in rates but if you are a guest at the hotel you will get a spot. If you are relatively close to the con you won't need a car except to do some sightseeing away from San Diego or you happen to be driving in.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 07:41:52 AM »
Parking is around $30 a night for the hotels but it does include in/out priveleges. Most of the regular parking lots do not allow you to re-enter after leaving...

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
Well that's good to know. It's helps in actually figuring the entire cost of the room. I want to do it right this year, Go big or Go home style, So i'm looking to get a room real close by. Hopefully within 3 or 4 blocks I would say. I just wish hotels would include these parking rates in the price.. Sucks to think about spending another $150 just on parking alone for the entire trip.

Offline anime23

• Sails Pavilion
    • The Nerd Element
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »
Well that's good to know. It's helps in actually figuring the entire cost of the room. I want to do it right this year, Go big or Go home style, So i'm looking to get a room real close by. Hopefully within 3 or 4 blocks I would say. I just wish hotels would include these parking rates in the price.. Sucks to think about spending another $150 just on parking alone for the entire trip.

Is this typical or do hotels just decide to charge their guests to park during comic con? I thought most hotels normally let you park there for free since you are paying a significant amount of money a night to stay there.
SDCC, WC, SWCA, Comikaze, D23, Paleyfest, E3 hopefully Vidcon soon
@thenerdelement
@TNE_DCTVPodcast
@TNE_MarvelTV
@TNE_Travel

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 07:16:46 PM »

Is this typical or do hotels just decide to charge their guests to park during comic con? I thought most hotels normally let you park there for free since you are paying a significant amount of money a night to stay there.
No, hotel parking fees are normal (especially in major cities) and not included within the room rates.  *sighs* Unfortunately, that's how it goes.  It's mainly to keep away non-hotel guests from parking there for free (I'm sure there are some other logistical issues, but I'd say that's the prime reason, ha ha).  Plus, there's the idea of the supply and demand--less spaces are available in Downtown areas, so there is competition to get those spaces.  The 'winner' usually pays more for the spot.

So, when you're considering hotel costs and fees, make sure you're aware of the parking situation if you have a car and factor that into your convention budget.  The last thing you'd want to see is an invoice for parking when you check-out.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:21:28 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »
Ya, I ended up doing a little research on parking fees at hotels compared to the previous hotels that were for sale last year. It seems that from adjacent, to about 10 blocks away, the hotels are offering $20-30$ a day for parking. I'm actually considering parking my car at the airport, for $10 a day, then taking a trolley or cab to the hotel, which i'm planning on being very close, where I will remain for 5 days lol. Could save up to $20 a day..