Author Topic: Star Trek - Saturday, July 23, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, Hall H  (Read 2280 times)

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
Star Trek - Saturday, July 23, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, Hall H
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:55:01 AM »
Saturday July 23rd

Star Trek (CBS) The franchise celebrates 50 years with a panel featuring stars William Shatner, Scott Bakula, Michael Dorn, Jeri Ryan and Brent Spiner with a panel Q&A moderated by CBS All Access' Star Trek showrunner Bryan Fuller. The panel will reflect on 50 years of the various Treks as well as offer a look at what's to come from Fuller's series. 2-3 p.m., Hall H.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:17:59 PM by frgx »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: Star Trek 50 Years panel
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 12:33:38 PM »
Well this has cemented my plans to do Hall H on Saturday.  Holy sh-....  *remembers this is a PG forum*.... poo.  Holy poo.

I'm a TOS girl all the way and a HUGE Bryan Fuller fangirl.  I just started watching TNG last week so I'm not a diehard fan yet but I'm enjoying what I've seen so far (just finished episode 18!).

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Star Trek - Saturday, July 23, 2:00pm - 3:00pm, Hall H
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:27:14 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 12:45:49 PM »
I just started watching TNG last week so I'm not a diehard fan yet but I'm enjoying what I've seen so far (just finished episode 18!).

Just hold onto your socks! Season 2 is a bit of a low, but starting in season 3, it *really* gets good!

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 12:48:48 PM »
Just hold onto your socks! Season 2 is a bit of a low, but starting in season 3, it *really* gets good!

Everyone keeps saying this to me!  My dad is a huge TNG person and obviously a Data fanboy.  I emailed him that I'd started watching TNG and within 10 minutes he'd sent me 3 emails with variations of "what do you think of Data?" and "I know your favorite is Spock and Data is like Spock" and I'm laughing so hard because he's obviously REALLY excited to finally be able to talk Trek with me.  And hey hey now he can be jealous because DATA WILL BE THERE.  The fact I'm TOS and he's TNG has been sort of a division in our Star Trek fanning lolol.  We both enjoy the reboots though.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 12:50:04 PM »
Everyone keeps saying this to me!  My dad is a huge TNG person and obviously a Data fanboy.  I emailed him that I'd started watching TNG and within 10 minutes he'd sent me 3 emails with variations of "what do you think of Data?" and "I know your favorite is Spock and Data is like Spock" and I'm laughing so hard because he's obviously REALLY excited to finally be able to talk Trek with me.  And hey hey now he can be jealous because DATA WILL BE THERE.  The fact I'm TOS and he's TNG has been sort of a division in our Star Trek fanning lolol.  We both enjoy the reboots though.

Wait until you get to the later episodes where Spock and Data actually meet. It will blow your mind.... ;)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »
Wait until you get to the later episodes where Spock and Data actually meet. It will blow your mind.... ;)

WHAT?!  OMG.  My favorite and my dad's favorite on screen together.

Also I'm emailing my dad now to let him know this panel is happening.  He's not going to SDCC but he'll be able to live vicariously through me at least.  :p 

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 12:53:06 PM »
WHAT?!  OMG.  My favorite and my dad's favorite on screen together.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 01:01:16 PM »

Oh my god I am cry.

Seriously, my Spock obsession runs deep.

As a side note, this panel is ON MY BIRTHDAY.  I'm going to spend my birthday sitting in Hall H all day long. HA.

Offline SoCalNerdGal

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »
Oh my god I am cry.

Seriously, my Spock obsession runs deep.

As a side note, this panel is ON MY BIRTHDAY.  I'm going to spend my birthday sitting in Hall H all day long. HA.

Happy early birthday!  I think this is a decent way to spend your day of birth. :)

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 01:25:43 PM »
Season 2 still has some quality episodes: A Matter of Honor, The Measure of a Man, The Royale, Q Who, The Emissary, Peak Performance. Q Who and The Emissary are two really important episodes.

Transmute is right on. Wait until you get to Sins of the Father in season 3. The final scene is amazing.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 10:16:58 AM »

September 8, 2016 marks the 50th anniversary of Star Trek's first broadcast. What began as a TV show became a window into the future and a reflection of our greatest hopes and dreams. By envisioning a world where technology and science improve the human condition, and where peace and unity transcend conflict and separation, Star Trek has inspired children, parents, engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, and viewers around the world. It's also spurred countless real-world innovations and "firsts," giving name to a Space Shuttle (the Enterprise), launching one of the first and most passionate worldwide fandoms, and featuring the first interracial kiss on American network television. Join William Shatner, Scott Bakula, Michael Dorn, Jeri Ryan, and Brent Spiner for a conversation moderated by Bryan Fuller, executive producer of the new Star Trek television series coming to CBS All Access, following its network premiere in 2017.