Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Open Registration  (Read 44201 times)

Offline takit0

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 92
Re: SDCC 2020 Open Registration
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2019, 07:06:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If Bruce Campbell is in it, you get a free pass.

What about if it was her birthday?
(even though we both know that’s not possible).
2023: SDCC & Fantastic Fest
2024: ...

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2019, 07:07:30 PM »
jeeezzzz comeon, let us enjoy the badges --- you had to say the 'H' word.
Yea verily! Hotelpocalypse will come upon us in the new year! There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth! Sacrifices made and comic ink shed!!! Woe is he or she that has not friends to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 10:04:27 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2019, 07:41:09 PM »
To (paraphrase) Indy:

Hotels...Why'd it have to be hotels?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2019, 08:04:04 PM »
I was part of Louie's group but the cross-buying group organization did wonders as a few people from TransmuteJun's group were able to purchase badges for my friends!

I'm always astounded by the organization and leadership of the buying groups. Now we can rest again until next year!

Glad we were able to help! This is the power of working with a group. Sometimes you are lucky, and it is great, but when you are unlucky, hopefully the other lucky people can cover for you.

NuncleJoel, I would disagree with you. My least favorite part of the SDCC process is definitely Hotelpocalypse.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:00:05 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2019, 08:17:31 PM »
That is my least favorite part of the SDCC process. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though it gives me heartburn and heart attacks, I think I enjoy the excitement that comes from not knowing. SDCC wouldn't be half as fun if everything was smooth sailing. Of the badge buying, parking, autograph tickets, Hall H, and hotel...lypse, I think I enjoy the hotel part best, maybe because it's long and drawn out and we have to do all sorts of finagling. In the end, most people get something, even if it's not ideal.

Now, SW Celebration, that's different. I want that one to be smooth.

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2019, 06:46:24 AM »
Hi all, question about browsers.  Do you usually run your code in in IE or Chrome? 

Our buying group had an issue in both pre-reg and open reg with IE freezing after the members name was input - but before they could add the other two ID's. It impacted different people in each sale.   The impacted member was then locked of the sale until the frozen session expired time-wise. Only then could someone go back in a purchase a lesser badge for them.   Fortunately we have screen shots of the whole thing including other members trying to buy for that person in the interim.  Obviously we have reported to CCI and hope for a favorable resolution - but I'm wondering if there are any tricks the member can do on their end to unfreeze the session earlier and release the name, (maybe shutting down the computer) and also if its worth it to simply tell our members to use chrome. 

Thoughts appreciated.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2019, 07:28:33 AM »
Hi all, question about browsers.  Do you usually run your code in in IE or Chrome? 

Our buying group had an issue in both pre-reg and open reg with IE freezing after the members name was input - but before they could add the other two ID's. It impacted different people in each sale.   The impacted member was then locked of the sale until the frozen session expired time-wise. Only then could someone go back in a purchase a lesser badge for them.   Fortunately we have screen shots of the whole thing including other members trying to buy for that person in the interim.  Obviously we have reported to CCI and hope for a favorable resolution - but I'm wondering if there are any tricks the member can do on their end to unfreeze the session earlier and release the name, (maybe shutting down the computer) and also if its worth it to simply tell our members to use chrome. 

Thoughts appreciated.

My first choice is chrome.  This is a different scenario but I was running 4 codes on 3 devices.   I had to run one of the codes on Edge.  I never got in on any of the codes, but the spinning blue circle would freeze up periodically on the Edge browser. It never froze up on the other 3 chrome browsers.

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2019, 07:52:10 AM »

Thoughts appreciated.

I nearly always used Microsoft Edge, but the last one I used Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Chrome. I didn't get in with any of them, so I can't tell you if the browser would glitch. However, I've never had a problem buying with Microsoft Edge.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2019, 08:23:25 AM »
I want to thank my group Takit0/Epicaz and leaders Rory & Erica on another successful and phenomenal job they have done.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2019, 08:26:46 AM »

Thoughts appreciated.  well.
IE I believe is outdated and that's why MS Edge is used. But I've read other people have issues during the purchase process as

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2019, 08:58:59 AM »
Is there topic for Hotelpocalypse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2019, 09:37:15 AM »
One thing I did notice...I was using 3 codes, one for myself and two for friends. Mine was on one laptop (chrome) and the other two were on my other (chrome and firefox). My code on the first laptop consistently had the messages refresh first, before the other two. It also got in within 7 minutes while the other two didn't get in at all.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2019, 09:45:08 AM »
Is there topic for Hotelpocalypse?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's in the Housing sub-forum, kinda, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, now threads to predict when it is though if that's what you mean.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2019, 04:07:08 PM »
Got the Buyer's Receipt email an hour ago. (My bank usually doesn't show the transaction until a few days later.)  Hopefully barcodes tomorrow.

Offline Kfrye

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2019, 07:36:43 PM »
We had someone in our group that had a similar problem during RetReg. Two different people input her name on different computers for different buying rooms and got that error. Then a third person tried (lucky girl, although she lost out on two days in the process), and it worked. It has also worked just fine in previous years. Her last name has an apostrophe in it. (Such as O'Brien). Does your friend have anything unusual like that in her name?

We asked that, but unfortunately she was taking a test and couldnt answer us. :/ what would reasons be for her not being eligible? She created her member ID last year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk