Author Topic: SE: logistics.... parking, flying & public transportation  (Read 10008 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: SE: logistics.... parking, flying & public transportation
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2021, 06:48:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ACE

COMIC-CON SPECIAL EDITION

ACE Parking will be running the same lottery process we did in years past and the lottery registration period is now open. If you are not familiar with the lottery process, more information is provided below.

Entries for the lottery will be accepted until October 28th. We will hold the lottery drawing on October 29th and divide the selected entries into groups.

On November 1st the system will be opened and restricted to the people in group 1 only. Each week thereafter the system will be opened to the next group until all groups have had a chance to purchase their permits. At the end of the group sales, the system will be opened to the general public.

Each group will have a full week to purchase their permits. Last year there were still plenty of permits available in the system when it opened for the general public. Everyone that participated in the lottery was able to get a permit for parking. We cannot guarantee a spot at any particular location and some locations are a lot more popular than others, however, all locations are within easy walking distance of the Convention Center.

In an effort to stop the sign-up spamming that we have experienced in the past, this year again, we are requiring that you enter a valid credit card as part of the sign-up process. YOUR CARD WILL NOT BE CHARGED, however, we will run a pre-authorization against it to ensure it is valid.

You can sign-up two times per valid credit card using the same or different email addresses.

You can find the sign-up form here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you have any questions, please send them to [email protected]
Thank you,
The ACE Parking Team

Comic-Con Special Edition 2021 FAQ

Your assigned group number does not guarantee specific locations. The probability of getting parking at your ideal location is dependent on a variety of factors, including:

The amount of inventory given to us to sell to the public by the venue. This may change year to year.

The number of vendors who purchase parking. This may change year to year.

The number of people who participate in the lottery and allocated to each group. This changes from year to year.

The time at which you log in to the system compared to others and secure parking.

Q: What locations will be included in the sale this year?

A: The locations participating in this year’s sale will be listed below after they are finalized.

Q: What is the link to the site selling the permits?

A: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login We are releasing the link to the site that will be selling the permits ahead of time so you will be able to get familiar with the site and set up an account in the system if you so choose. The permits will be sold by our reservation website at space.aceparking.com. The link to the page that will be selling the permits in the system is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Credit cards are not stored on the site and the site is fully PCI compliant.

Q: What are the operating hours for the lots?

A: Most lots will open for drive-up business at the times below, however, there may be cases when the lots open for permit holders only and do not open for drive-up sales until later in the morning. Each lot is different and works to maintain a balance between the reserved spaces and extra inventory.

Convention Center, Hilton Bayfront garage, Padres Parkade, Diamond View Towers: 5 am – 2 am

Tailgate Park, Triangle, MTS: 5 am – 2 am

Q: What is the decal number field in the user account setup?

A: The decal number field is for Associates of ACE Parking Only and it should be left blank.

Q: Do the lots offer oversized vehicle parking?

A: No, vehicles over 18 feet will be turned away and not allowed to park even with a valid permit. Sorry.

Q: Does my permit include in-and-out privileges for the day?

A: No, in-and-out privileges are not allowed. If you leave the lot your space will become available for another drive-up customer to park in. Sorry.

Q: Does the online system require me to set up an account to purchase my permits?

A: Yes. You will need to set up an account during the checkout process. Your account will enable system features such as the ability to print your permit in the future, and tie all purchased permits to a single barcode that you can carry on your smart device for use at scanner-equipped lots. Your account will be available for future purchases for parking at next year’s Comic-Con and other events with the same barcode assigned to you which will be replenished with future permit purchases as they are made.

Q: Will the system allow me to purchase multiple permits per day?

A: No. Each account is restricted to one permit per day for Comic-Con. If you need to purchase more than one permit, you will need to set up multiple accounts
Q: Is there a way to purchase Comic-Con permits other than online?

A: The only way you can purchase advance parking permits for Comic-Con from ACE Parking is through the online system. However, the majority of the lots included in the online sale and others that are not included will be available for drive-up parking on the day of the event. Drive-up availability will be first come, first served for the remaining spaces not reserved online. The lots are expected to fill up fast. If you are planning to find parking on the day of the event, you should get there early.

Q: Can cars be parked overnight? Or just during the hours of the event?

A: Overnight parking is not permitted. The lots close at 2 am and reopen at 6 am (Convention Center opens at 5 am). They close so they can be prepared for the next day. Most lots are pre-sold to full capacity each day, so any cars on the lot after 2 am, will be towed at the owner’s expense.

Q: What if I drive a different car on the day of the event?

A: This year there is no need to enter details about your vehicle when you purchase your permit. The program doesn’t even prompt for them. We only request that you place a copy of your printed permit on your dashboard so it can be scanned by our lot enforcement personnel.

Q: Can I make a copy of my permit and give it to my friend?

A: No. The permits are lot-specific and can only be redeemed once. If a copy is found, the vehicle will be ticketed. If you’ve copied your permit and given it to a friend, the second permit scanned will be in violation and that may end up being your car. The permits are barcoded and lot enforcement personnel will be making the rounds scanning/redeeming them.

Q: Handicap Parking?

A: ADA spaces are first come first served. The Convention Center and Hilton Bay Front are the best choices for ADA parking.

Q: Will the passes sold online include a fee?

A: Yes, a convenience fee will be added per permit per day at checkout.

Q: Why am I being charged a convenience fee?

A: Yes, we do our best to make pre-purchasing parking as easy as possible so that fans can reserve parking ahead of time online. The convenience fee covers resources spent on making this option available and includes web hosting, ticketing hardware, customer support, training, credit and debit card processing services, merchant fees, computer hardware and software, telephone lines, labor, and more.

Q: If I send in multiple entries from multiple email accounts that I own and win one of them, can I purchase my permit with any of the emails I registered with or only the one that won?

A: Only the one that won. Your winning email address must be registered in the account you are going to use to purchase the permits. The purchase process will require you to log into your account first and will validate your email address. If your email address matches one on the selected list, you will be given the option to purchase a permit at the lot your name was drawn for. If there is no match, the option to purchase a permit will not be available to you.

Q: Can I register for the drawing with an email address that I haven’t registered an account within the permit system?

A: Yes. Accounts in the permit system are separate from the registration emails. If one of the email accounts you entered from is selected to purchase a permit, you have the option to create an account for that email address or update your existing account with that email address to qualify for the purchase option.

Q: If my entry is selected for a lot, can I purchase a permit for multiple days or just a single day?

A: When you enter the system to purchase your permit, you will have the option to purchase permits for all five days during the show (preview night and four show days.)

Q: Can I register multiple times for the lottery?

A: Yes and no, the system will accept two entries per valid credit card.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 06:58:13 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2021, 06:02:24 PM »
further

Sign-up for the Ace Parking 2021 Comic-Con parking lottery by filling out and submitting the form below. In an effort to thwart sign-up spamming this year, you will be required to enter a valid credit card to complete the sign-up. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE PROCESSED TO YOUR CARD AT THIS TIME. The system will only verify that the card is valid.
You can sign-up two times per valid credit card.

It's not much of a deterrent for anyone that's even slightly inclined.  With VCCs someone can sign up as many times as they want if it only limits based on CC #.  Unless they take account the billing address too.

Any word on price?  I looked under events and Turkeycon isn't listed there yet.  During regular comic-con is it standard pricing?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:04:53 PM by chocolateshake »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:04:39 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2021, 06:13:27 PM »
It's not much of a deterrent for anyone that's even slightly inclined.  With VCCs someone can sign up as many times as they want if it only limits based on CC #.  Unless they take account the billing address too.

Any word on price?  I looked under events and Turkeycon isn't listed there yet.  During regular comic-con is it standard pricing?

currently non secc rates for underground parking is $25/day :-|
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:52:34 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 11:51:10 AM »

That price with no in and out privileges is high.  I think I'll just take Uber/Lyft in instead.  How are Uber/Lyft during comic-con?  Are they hard to get and is the surge pricing high?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2021, 12:07:29 PM »
IIRC that's how much it is for Comic-Con (used to be $20  :-[ ); for Padres games I want to say it's at least $25, maybe $30 (but I'm pretty sure $25).
For me it's hard to get pre-paid parking, since I'm not 100% sure I'll go every day & won't know until I see a programming schedule.  I suspect downtown parking will be no where near as nutty as it is for regular Comic-Con, so I may just roll the dice and take my chances.  For the trolley, as a family of four, the I'd be looking at an extra $5 per day and WAY more convenient, so the price doesn't bother me too much.  If I was going by myself, or with just one person, I'd likely stick to the trolley system instead (or at least, maybe try to park downtown Fri or Sat, and trolley on Sun and the other day?)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 12:03:21 AM »
Get ready to have enough data on your phone to live stream your heart out at Turkeycon.  Red Pocket has a deal where you get the first month of their 50GB of high speed data plan for $1 by using coupon "RPSWITCHBACK15".  The regular pricing will apply after the first month.  In addition they have a bonus data event right now that will double that to 100GB of data for that month.  Not bad for $1.  Remember to cancel the plan before it renews for the following month so you don't get charged the recurring monthly rate.  You have until 11/15 to activate the plan.  Just in time for Turkeycon.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2021, 08:35:28 AM »
We're suppose to find out today about our spots in the parking lotto.

depending on demand, this thread will be turned into a 'all things parking' for the next week or so ;)

I am hoping it won't be necessary tho- I hope we all get the spots we want!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2021, 09:05:19 AM »
Parking lotto notifications are going out!

How'ed you do? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ?

I may have some underground spots ;)

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2021, 09:10:04 AM »
Parking lotto notifications are going out!

How'ed you do? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ?

I may have some underground spots ;)

I haven't gotten anything yet.

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2021, 09:21:35 AM »
I'm in group 2. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2021, 09:35:15 AM »
they're currently sending out group 3 spots

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2021, 11:40:50 AM »
It's almost noon and I haven't heard anything yet -Does anyone know if there is a way to confirm if we got picked or not besides the email?

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2021, 11:52:13 AM »
havent heard anything as well

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2021, 11:58:14 AM »
havent heard anything as well

I wonder if each group is smaller than for a regular con so there might be more groups or there are fewer parking spots available? - I find it hard to believe that they would run out of lottery spaces with a half-size comic con.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2021, 12:20:42 PM »
yeah, it's odd. A couple of entries have heard nothing back either.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login